Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jul 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3274494)   #26
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good feedback here. Thanks much. Resources like this will make the visit so much better due to the advance planning. Should be a very good month of June next year.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3277222)   #27
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alternative Le Mans package....... stand in the train station and wait for my dad to pick you up as a stray.... food, accommodation, invitation into his tent...... what more could you want?
Old 13 Jul 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3277226)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Alternative Le Mans package....... stand in the train station and wait for my dad to pick you up as a stray.... food, accommodation, invitation into his tent...... what more could you want?
I can vouch for the truth of that, the guy from Australia would be sure to endorse this post.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3277231)   #29
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
invitation into his tent..
Your dad is a worry!
Old 13 Jul 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3277280)   #30
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
invitation into a tent
We did that with a chap in '07 I think. Bumped in to him randomly on the way down on the Wednesday and said hello, as you do whilst having an ice cream at one of the services. Then bumped in to him in Arnage whilst having a beer. Turned out due to the rain/mud, he couldn't get in to his camping in Yellow, so being friendly my mate and I offered space in our tent which he gladly took.

Turns out (there was a little clue in his car as to his background as a farmer which sparked the conversation) that he was a friend of both of my parents from when they were all much younger in Young Farmers - small world etc!
Old 13 Jul 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3277282)   #31
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Your dad is a worry!
I'd like to point out that the guy didn't have a tent and dad had also offered to drive him to buy a tent the next day, and he slept in the awning, dad just stumbled over him intoxicated in the small hours
Old 13 Jul 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3277356)   #32
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'd like to point out that the guy didn't have a tent and dad had also offered to drive him to buy a tent the next day, and he slept in the awning, dad just stumbled over him intoxicated in the small hours
We my son and I ended up with a couple of unexpected guests in our tent at the Silverstone Classic last year when one of our friends who had brought his wife camping for the first time duly unpacked his tent to find he had left the poles at home.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3277501)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What? In Poland?
Old 15 Jul 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3277979)   #34
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We my son and I ended up with a couple of unexpected guests in our tent at the Silverstone Classic last year when one of our friends who had brought his wife camping for the first time duly unpacked his tent to find he had left the poles at home.
I did that last year at Le Mans. Arrived at our campsite, baby screaming for the last hour and a half of the drive, peeing with rain. Got out, unrolled the tent and found I'd got no poles
Old 15 Jul 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3277995)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can never find a Pole when you want one. Actually.........
Old 20 Jul 2013, 05:41 (Ref:3279591)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well with camping you will always forget something you just hope it is something unimportant or cheap to replace, this year we forgot the can opener so no real problem
Old 20 Jul 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3279607)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well with camping you will always forget something you just hope it is something unimportant or cheap to replace, this year we forgot the can opener so no real problem
At least it wasnt the bottle opener or the corkscrew, Simon
Old 20 Jul 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3279625)   #38
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Several years of honing has resulted in the perfect 'what-to-take-to-Le-Mans' list. I print it out, and check each item when it's packed.

This year I wished I had made such a list for clothing too, as I managed to forget to take any coat

Sweater and flimsy raincoat acting as a windbreaker were sufficient luckily enough.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3279790)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I also have a list - honed over 28 years..... It's divided as to which bag things go into, i.e.

MAIN BAG (Primarily clothes)

WASH BAG (Obvious....)

TRAVEL BAG (Medicaments etc.)

GADGET BAG (all the gizmos, batteries, chargers, kettle, tablet etc. etc.)

CAMERA RUCKSACK (Cameras and stuff to be carted around at circuit)

BOB WOLLEK (Dosh and cards)

BODYWARMER (Bits and pieces to carry around)

Old 21 Jul 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3279922)   #40
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Lists aren't always infallible... See my tent pole post
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3279942)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pretty close though when you've been using and modifying for as long as I have. And I at least quadruple check.....
Old 21 Jul 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3280185)   #42
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
*usually* yes they're fine. I double checked - just not in the actual bag itself
Old 21 Jul 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3280197)   #43
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every year I tell myself to make a list for next year when I come home. And every year I find it to much trouble. So far there is not much I forget, last year it was my toothbrush, this year my frying pan, all nothing to worry about and easily for sale in France.