Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1665101)   #101
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is it with Pescarolo and RFH who raced for years in the frankly awful FIA SCC, yet can't seem to put together a decent campaign in the LMS, against much improved competition, particulalrly RFH.

Hopefully it's becaue they are saving money for 2007.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1670311)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who would like to go for free? For a chance see this announcement.

Yipeee!
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1670398)   #103
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One problem: you need to know the right answer to the question..
Old 1 Aug 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1670430)   #104
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wout
One problem: you need to know the right answer to the question..
It appears someone did indeed select 100km..!
Old 2 Aug 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1670666)   #105
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
It appears someone did indeed select 100km..!
Make that two now - clear evidence that I should have waited until coffee had settled in stomach and taken effect before rashly clicking on things!

Oh well - I suppose as I'm going anyway it's better that some free tickets go to someone who might not otherwise have trekked out to the East Midlands.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1670897)   #106
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really hope i win it would make a great present for getting my GCSE results and the fact that i can afford to buy tickets and book a hotel there for the 2 nights.

so no RFH at donington i hope that isnt true they are after all one of my favorite teams last years dome in the orange colours was a sexy little thing and the noise that and the dallara made was just spectacular one noise ill never hear again in my life
Old 2 Aug 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1671228)   #107
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too sure how i can paste the timetable for donington into here, so here's the link for everyone....not long now

http://www.lemans-series.net/fr/donington/programme.asp
Old 2 Aug 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1671239)   #108
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent, we finally have a timetable! Looking forward to this, my first trip to Donington for a meeting and one of my favourite forms of motorsport! 6hrs of pure bliss!
Old 2 Aug 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1671442)   #109
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As suspected the Race starts at 12:30 pm which obviously means no racing in the dark.

After everything I was hearing I wasn't expecting another 10 o'clock finish like last year, but I hoped that we might at least get a Sunset/Dusk finish from maybe a 2:00 pm start. So much for that idea...

Old 2 Aug 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1671467)   #110
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to the Radicals, make a change from the usual single seaters!
Old 3 Aug 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1672398)   #111
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
should be good...only thing tho is how are they going to have a pit lane walk about while the classic endrance series are having their race!

also a few changes to the entry list

the protran is back
1 belmondo courage has gone
1 seikel porshe has gone

entry now stands at 45 comfirmed
Old 3 Aug 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1672416)   #112
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i really hope i win it would make a great present for getting my GCSE results and the fact that i can afford to buy tickets and book a hotel there for the 2 nights.

so no RFH at donington i hope that isnt true they are after all one of my favorite teams last years dome in the orange colours was a sexy little thing and the noise that and the dallara made was just spectacular one noise ill never hear again in my life
Even if RfH were there you'd not hear that noise again, since the GV4 version of the Judd isn't in use anymore.

List now down to 45 entries - a chance for a British GT team to put their name down? Scuderia Ecosse, for example...
Old 3 Aug 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1672514)   #113
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know bob im sayin that its the thing of i will never hear the JUDD GV4 V10 noise again in my life and i wanna see one of these new domes in the flesh they look yummy on TV
Old 3 Aug 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1672595)   #114
JAG
Veteran

England
Prefer the 5l Judd myself, sounds like a higher reving V12 Aston or Ferrari.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1672883)   #115
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=List now down to 45 entries - a chance for a British GT team to put their name down? Scuderia Ecosse, for example...[/QUOTE]

British GT are at Brands Hatch that weekend IIRC. Wonder what LNT will do ?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1672918)   #116
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
British GT are at Brands Hatch that weekend IIRC. Wonder what LNT will do ?
Shouldn't be a problem for the team, they have three chassis and drivers allocated to the specific series, so they'll do both........
Old 4 Aug 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1673323)   #117
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There was a clashing round of the Brits with the Nurburgring LMS race - They raced in both Championships
Old 4 Aug 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1673364)   #118
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk
should be good...only thing tho is how are they going to have a pit lane walk about while the classic endrance series are having their race!
I should imagine that the 'pit-walk' will actually be an open paddock, rather than the pit-lane, because I can't see anyone letting the punters walk up and down the pit-lane while the circuit is in use...
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1673388)   #119
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the LMS races still organized by SRO too?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1673488)   #120
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yes audi r8r, however youd think the pit walk would be to see the lms cars....and since they will be situated in the pit lane it might be a bit difficult. and the classic endurance race is on at that time...

theres also a seperate autograph session too so it cant be for that.

ah well soon will see!...they may alter the timetable a bit
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1673499)   #121
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Are the LMS races still organized by SRO too?
SRO have never been the organizers of the Le Mans Series, it’s organized by Patrick Peter, though there is a very close connection to SRO / Ratel ( R und P out of the glorius BPR Series )
Old 5 Aug 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1673738)   #122
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At Donington you can usually get up pretty damn close to the back of the pit garages, almost to the point of walking inside, I *think* it's still the same with the new buildings. The way the paddock and pits are situated, it's fairly easy to look at everything in detail and bump into pretty much anyone. An example being at the BGT/F3 round i walked into Bruno Senna - 2 minutes later I though "heyyy I just realised who that was..." and had a great big "doh!" look on my face
Old 5 Aug 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1674034)   #123
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thomas Serwin is now listed as Minassian's co-driver on the official Le Mans Series site.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1676364)   #124
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
And Didier Andre is on the list for Pescarolo. Is he paying to drive the car?
Old 7 Aug 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1676437)   #125
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
And Didier Andre is on the list for Pescarolo. Is he paying to drive the car?
I've speculated elsewhere that as Pescarolo have the title now to all intents and purposes sewn up, and that selling one or both of the existing chassis is central to their future plans, pay drivers/potential customers could well be given outings at Donington and Jarama.

In this light I'm unsurprised by Andre's inclusion in the squad - anybody got any idea of his provenance as far as depth of pockets go?

If nothing else it strikes me that this could even up the race a touch. With Collard/Bouillon/Helary in the car their driver line-up was more or less peerless - giving them a crucial mid-race advantage over others who had to put a gentleman driver in the car - now this could enable the likes of Creation, Zytek, Courage, Swiss Spirit to keep the Pescarolo in sight for that little bit longer.

Good news all round - keeps Pescarolo competing and adds a bit of openness to the competition