Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Oct 2007, 04:08 (Ref:2044173)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMRS Round 8 Wakefield Park

Some news for the upcoming round. Looks like there is going to be more cars again.

link
Quote:
Next round of racing at Wakefield Park is set to be a scorcher!
Formula-R is charging ahead with an expected 10 entries in the sub-category. New cars and competitors will take to the grid as the field both expands and strenghtens.
link
Quote:
Willmington Returns to her Roots for AMRS Enduro
Natalie Willmington enjoyed a stellar debut season on board her front wheel drive Mitsubishi Magna in the 2006 Production Touring Car Championship. For 2007, she stepped up to the rear wheel drive BA XR8 Falcon, trading outright fastest times with the 2006 Championship winning BMW 130s of Luke Searle and Peter Kelly.
In two weeks time, Natalie will be doing double duty, and driving both cars! Not at the same time though - she'll be driving the XR8 Falcon in the PTCC races, and she'll make her return to the Magna for the 300km Endurance race.
Quote:
Natalie will be doing double duty, and driving both cars! Not at the same time though
Oh dam, now that would have been great to see.
I will post more news as I get it.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 00:45 (Ref:2045750)   #2
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds like a promising event.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2048973)   #3
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there as a competitor. I'm running in the 300

It will be a great weekend
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:43 (Ref:2049814)   #4
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone seen the schedule for this weekend yet?

How are they going to fit every thing in over the 2 days, or has the regular categories reduce there number of races to fit the 300 in?
Old 26 Oct 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2052170)   #5
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
has anyone seen the schedule for this weekend yet?

How are they going to fit every thing in over the 2 days, or has the regular categories reduce there number of races to fit the 300 in?
All the answers you seek is right here in PDF.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2052192)   #6
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
More news. link
Quote:
ON FOR YOUNG AND OLD
Fresh from a confidence building third place at the last round of the Australian Future Racers series at Melbourne’s Calder Park Raceway two weeks ago, Adrian Coppin is looking forward to this weekend competition.
Driving his Integrating Technology Bendigo sponsored Future Racer Coppin will take the grid at Wakefield Park Raceway, near Goulburn chasing the first win of his short career.
Coppin hopes the Victorian event two weeks ago was the turning point. “For the first time we were close to the pace” Adrian said. “It was great to reward my sponsors while they were at the event and make some progress towards the front of the grid” he said.
The Future Racers are a locally built race car, powered by a 1000cc Yamaha motorcycle engine. Weighing only 400kg, the pocket rockets have a top speed of approximately 240 kph. Complete with Kumho racing tyres, fully adjustable suspension and incredible brakes, they are a great introduction to motor racing.
This weekend’s event at Wakefield Park should see series leader Jeff Davey seal the title but the scrap for the minor places will be intense. The field is dominated by mature racers, many of whom have been successful in other categories, enjoying the twilight of their career. But that doesn’t make them any slower or less competitive. The young guns in the field have only got one objectify: beat the old guys!
“These guys have 100’s of years motor racing experience between them and I am learning so much race craft from them when we aren’t competing but start that engine and I have one objective – beat them” Coppin said.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 00:22 (Ref:2053712)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has the TV coverage of the AMRS collapsed?There has been no Speedweek coverage since Wakefield Park in July.I've never been able to work out how the coverage was financially sustainable with such a low level of competitor numbers and commercial and spectator support.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 04:34 (Ref:2053767)   #8
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AVE crew have been at each round, The Winton round the AVE Truck broke down (see discussion in another thread) but was still recorded. Calder round was tapped, there is some good footage of Nat Willmington having a big lockup and just missing the wall at turn 1.

They were at Wakefield on the weekend with a Pom doing the interviews.

I don't usually catch speedweek so couldn't tell you if its been to air or not.

I believe the Calder round was only going to be show on Inside Speed ?? I am not entirley certain of what all of AVE's shows are and were they go to air sorry.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 06:24 (Ref:2053784)   #9
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was some racing shown from Malalla on the weekend
Old 29 Oct 2007, 07:04 (Ref:2053800)   #10
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just received the info regarding TV schedules:

Round 6 from Winton will screen on SBS Speedweek, 2 December.

Round 7 from Calder will screen on FoxSports InsideSpeed, 30 October and 6 November.

This information has just been added to the AMRS website.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 12:04 (Ref:2053976)   #11
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found the Wakefield Meet to be a fantastic event.
It had a relaxed atmosphere, everyone was helpful, easy going.
There was enough cars in every class to provide a great spectacle.
All the officials were 100% professional as was the driving attitude of the competitors.

I participated in the 300km race which was a blast finishing 8th outright.

Well done to the AMRS for a great event
Old 29 Oct 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2054357)   #12
express
Rookie

express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed the weekends racing. The ex supercars are great to watch. In MeNews this morning it said that another '3rd tier' V8class is starting up to join AMRS. Can't wait for that.

express
Old 29 Oct 2007, 23:34 (Ref:2054480)   #13
wishbone
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by express
In MeNews this morning it said that another '3rd tier' V8class is starting up to join AMRS.
the new v8class is running under cams not amrs... it will drain more cars from the Touring car challenge / V8 Giants
Old 29 Oct 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2054485)   #14
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought an appointment at Wanless Metal Recyclers would be more apt

Those VXs are tired and ugly.. as are the 9 year old AUs

Yuck

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 05:07 (Ref:2054578)   #15
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
the new v8class is running under cams not amrs... it will drain more cars from the Touring car challenge / V8 Giants
That is probably the main reason why CAMS will sanction it.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 05:46 (Ref:2054583)   #16
wishbone
Racer

AMRS don't needs cams help in killing the class, they are doing a pretty good job job on there own, I remember last year when the TCC was a growing only to be killed by lack of rule enforcement and the introduction of V8 Giants.

How can you have 5 V8 super cars in a race and only 1 qualifies as a V8 Giant?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 03:46 (Ref:2055544)   #17
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steering away from politics for the moment, Barry Tanton, Rod Dawson and Bob Thorn drove a BA Falcon, in Steve Ellery vintage Supercheap Auto colours, in the 500 km enduro event last weekend.

It has been described in the press as "a BA Falcon Future Tourer" and as "an ex Steve Elery V8 Supercar".

I am not aware of any BA Future Tourer going around in those colours and the only remaining Steve Ellery BA is with the Seiders team.

Can anyuone shed any light on the history of this car? Could it be one of the original AU Supercheap cars re-panelled as a BA??
Old 31 Oct 2007, 05:53 (Ref:2055566)   #18
wishbone
Racer

i understand that the Barry Tanton, Rod Dawson and Bob Thorn BA Falcon is the V8 Experience car from Queensland Raceway
Old 31 Oct 2007, 09:06 (Ref:2055647)   #19
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Wishbone...bit of an odd car to take to a race meeting!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:06 (Ref:2055862)   #20
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new class is being developed to give drivers a stepping stone to the Fujitsu Series.... I guess it's what the Konica/Fujitsus used to be like.... affordable and within reach. Now to win you need to be linked with GRM/HSV/DJR/SBR etc.

The great thing is that it will stop old V8Supercars being butchered up into sports sedans or some freakish monstrosity bitsa-car. Imagine if we could have a full grid of Historic V8Supercars many years from now?