Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2324350)   #51
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Brundle and Warwick were both excellent drivers, who were unlucky enough not to be in the right car at the right time. It's hard to say how good they could have been given the platform of a couple of wins and the equipment to get the job done. Both in my view were well capable of becoming multiple winners and Formula One champions. In fact Warwick was more fancied than Mansell before he moved from Lotus to Williams. Thats life, as they say.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 12:19 (Ref:2324761)   #52
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If I remember correctly, Brundle outscored TGF in the second half of his season at Benetton. In hindsight, his performances were pretty good that season. However, at the time they looked pretty uninmpressive because not many people realised quite how good TGF was at the time.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2325083)   #53
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Are you sure about not many had noticed him? Michael was distinctly impressive that year, although suspectible to rookie errors of course, and I've always figured it was generally accepted that he was destined for a noteworthy F1 career.

If you mean in the sense people likely wouldn't have predicted the extreme level of success, yes, but then that would apply to any emerging star.

Last edited by Dutton; 31 Oct 2008 at 20:49.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2327832)   #54
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I was coming at it from the angle in your second para. Everyone was impressed by his first few races, but did anyone honestly think he would rewrite the record books in such an amazing way?