Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3013414)   #1051
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Do you have that pictures? a link? I don´t know nothing about a Aston secret car!!!
He's talking about the first shots of the Lola-Aston that surfaced in early 2009 before the car ran officially for the first time at the LMS test at Ricard.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3013429)   #1052
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Perhaps it's the result of planned pit stop strategy?
The driver is going to do a handbrake turn into the pit bay so that he's on the correct side?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3013465)   #1053
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. It definitely has that Toyota DNA from my point of view - shades of GT-One
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3013492)   #1054
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
The driver is going to do a handbrake turn into the pit bay so that he's on the correct side?
Travelling sideways does seem to be their national past time.

On a serious note, they weren't going to gain any ground doing the same thing as the competition (which is now severely diminished).
Perhaps they figured it would be necessary to make time in pitlane, also?

Just a wild theory.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3013513)   #1055
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
up until the R18, the Audi's were LHD. The Dome was LHD. The theory about the hybrid hardware being on pit-side for quick access to the engineers makes perfect sense to me.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3013588)   #1056
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love this car! It's not necessarily beautiful, but it's unmistakeably a Toyota, just as much as the Audi is unmistakeably an Audi.

Hopefully this car will be the first noisy car to win Le Mans since 2005.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3013590)   #1057
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3013593)   #1058
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Toyota car looks great, it is somewhat reminiscent of the old B09/60, but does anyone know whether the car's chief designer Pascal Vasselon?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3013611)   #1059
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Front 908, rear R18.

Going to be strange to hear a factory P1 making a noise, even looking at the pictures you still imagine it travelling around stealth like!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3013616)   #1060
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I do see blue though, so I feel Panasonic has to be a sponsor (like in F1).
I don't oppose that (big sponsor is good) but while the stripe in the fin certainly is blueish color at least in the above image (checked it with a color picker), it might not be the color in real life. Instead the TMG grey.

Last edited by deggis; 18 Jan 2012 at 17:50.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3013646)   #1061
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post

Old 18 Jan 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3013655)   #1062
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
^ that's car hockey.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3013771)   #1063
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Matmut is also likely to Sponsor the Car.
That would create a more color full car
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3013782)   #1064
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
A shame to some degree, that the day the new Toyota pictures first are revealed, they are overshadowed by the Pug news.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3013785)   #1065
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Toyota can fill the gap that Peugeot will leave behind. The car looks already quite decent.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3013789)   #1066
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
A shame to some degree, that the day the new Toyota pictures first are revealed, they are overshadowed by the Pug news.
Indeed, has some poetic aspect to it though. Circle of life, one thing ends while the next one comes to life..
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3013791)   #1067
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Indeed, has some poetic aspect to it though. Circle of life, one thing ends while the next one comes to life..
But i like Mufasa more than Simba!

Last edited by CTD; 18 Jan 2012 at 22:36.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3013792)   #1068
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
But i like Mumbasa more than Zimba!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Wait!

Did you

a) get this wrong?

b) refer to some kind of parody that I don't know

c) use different names because they used these in the dubbed Danish version?

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 18 Jan 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3013797)   #1069
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Wait!

Did you

a) get this wrong?

b) refer to some kind of parody that I don't know

c) use different names because they used these in the dubbed Danish version?

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Woops, Mufasa and Simba
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3013818)   #1070
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
I do not dislike it. Although now that Victor_RO mentioned the ressemblance with AMR-one headlights I can't help but feeling the same.
But to those who complain about the unfinished look of it, remember what the initial 908 looked like when it first hit the track at the HTTT in 2006! Now at least the Toyota does have headlights, and a livery...

About LHD, I wonder if this have to do with critical KERS components (batteries?) being fitted in the "passenger" side's floor, and thus giving them the most accesible side for engineers to work on it while in the pits.

I'm going to buy the Auto Hebdo later on, if there's some new information I'll share it tonight (I doubt there is, but...)

I REALLY REALLY pray that they fix those headlights. The reason i say that is because right now im staring at a wallpaper of the GT-One from goodwood and this things worlds apart in terms of beauty. hopefully the car that shows up in sebring will look a lot different. does anyone have news on the fate of Peugeot drivers? Toyota should snap them up asap before Porsche or Audi.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3013822)   #1071
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting. The front looks likea 908. the rear looks like the R18. Seems like they kind of just shopped around for aero concepts to test in the windtunnel. Clearly the 908 has a better front end while the R18 has the better rear end the way toyota seems to have followed.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3013825)   #1072
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Better? We have no clue if they're better than Toyota's. This is only their first test. The bodywork could change. Toyota's windtunnel is top notch. Ferrari went there to recalibrate their own. So I believe that they'll be on top of the aerodynamics. Any comments on the low black section between the nose cone and fenders?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3013828)   #1073
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Ah the AMR-One, the car that keeps on giving..
haha good one rich.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3013829)   #1074
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Better? We have no clue if they're better than Toyota's. This is only their first test. The bodywork could change. Toyota's windtunnel is top notch. Ferrari went there to recalibrate their own. So I believe that they'll be on top of the aerodynamics. Any comments on the low black section between the nose cone and fenders?
What i mean is that because Toyota followed Peugeot i nteh front end area that means they thought Peugeots front end was better than Audi's and that because they followed Audi in the rear end area that means they felt Audi's rear end was more efficient than Peugeot's . I was not comparing the Toyota to the Audi/Peugeot.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3013831)   #1075
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't see them following either team all that much, the nose is different from Peugeot's, as it's not as wide at the top. The rear end only looks like Audi's because of the fin. The wing, the holes- all different. Plus this is the first test. Things can change so it could possibly be a interim car with basic parts.