Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Aug 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3285665)   #51
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live stream http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1.../player_pop_up
Old 4 Aug 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3285716)   #52
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Good find!

Looks more than a tad wet.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3286044)   #53
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't need to rush to get scrutineered so no pushing required! Started 4 races and finished 4 races all in one day, not bad for an old git! Yes it was more than a bit wet especially as I should have changed my rear tyres, one I found was on the canvas after the first dry race and two quallies no wonder the thing was so hairy round the elbow! I stuck two fully treaded Toyo 888's on the back for the last race and softened the rebound off and it transformed the car from an over steering monster ready to let go at the slightest hint of throttle to a controllable slightly understeering pleasure to drive. If the race hadn't been stopped I recon I was just nicely getting into the zone and reeling a few in I initially let past as wasn't sure what effect the change of settings would have and didn't want to push it too hard on the opening laps.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3286127)   #54
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
! I stuck two fully treaded Toyo 888's on the back for the last race and softened the rebound off and it transformed the car from an over steering monster ready to let go at the slightest hint of throttle to a controllable slightly understeering pleasure to drive. If the race hadn't been stopped I recon I was just nicely getting into the zone and reeling a few in I initially let past as wasn't sure what effect the change of settings would have and didn't want to push it too hard on the opening laps.
It did look to be a handful in the wet until that last race Al. From where I was marshalling, (just by the rear paddock gate - towards the end of Stebbe straight), you really looked like you wanted to put the hammer down coming out of Gerrards but didn't dare to! As you said, it was a different story in the last race.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3286150)   #55
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Good to see you going so well, Al.

. . . & you definitely had the best-sounding car out there!
Old 5 Aug 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3286165)   #56
nsscc35
Rookie

nsscc35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first time with ctcrc and mallory park

fantastic weekend with a friendly club...really enjoyed the hard but fare racing in the classic thunder.the weather made it even more intense for me.
will be booking again for next races heres a video of first race from inside my evo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOdE...wJV5AKF0M1DH-A
Old 5 Aug 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3286229)   #57
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for your kind words Gerry and Dave. I won my class in three of the races I believe but two of those only because I was the only car in it lol! The car does sound exceptional I must say as a lot of people tell me so, its probably because I have had to siamese the exhaust due to space restrictions around the aftermarket torque arm mounting and gearbox crossmember.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3286237)   #58
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I won my class in three of the races I believe but two of those only because I was the only car in it lol!
Kudos for digging out a series that offer such friendly terms.

As I recall this concept has been the hallmark of series champions for some decades. Ladas in the 70s comes to mind.

However, who beat you in the 4th race (or which over one it was in which you did not win the class) and why?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3286268)   #59
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it about time there was a boost limit or restrictor fitted to turbos cars in classic thunder these cars are making everything else also ran !!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3286421)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Actually that's a good point the other guy spun out in the 4th race so I guess I can claim that as well lol! Any how here is some video of the dryish first pre 93 race that was going well till it started to run out of fuel a few laps from the end so I nursed it home on the bit that was in the reserve tank (I knew there was a good reason for fitting that) ! Watch how this car launches taking four cars by Gerrards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMgDvcodYI

Last edited by Al Weyman; 6 Aug 2013 at 07:34. Reason: Link was for mobile app only.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3286584)   #61
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall great grids and entertaining racing in difficult conditions. I think the size of the crowd was a surprise to many, well done to Mallory and the Club for getting people through the gate!

Highlights for me were some giant killing performances from the smaller engine saloon cars in pre 83 and pre 93, a capacity BOSS Ford grid, and the return of some awesome Classic Thunder cars, it should make for great TV!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3286683)   #62
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
Isn't it about time there was a boost limit or restrictor fitted to turbos cars in classic thunder these cars are making everything else also ran !!
just get your self our big boy, the pace in classic thunder aint that quick honest

been at the other end of the grid this weekend made me realise how mega these cars when the come to lap you
Old 7 Aug 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3286841)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have found the results hidden away on TSL's here http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...eventid=133191
Old 8 Aug 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3287272)   #64
Millie
Rookie

Millie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's quite a few photos from the weekend here, and more in the group pool here.

We had a bit of a disappointing weekend due to engine problems, which meant that Ade only managed half of the first out of 4 races he'd entered but it was fantastic to see such a big grid for BOSS.

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Blue Oval Saloons by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Classic Thunder by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Blue Oval Saloons by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Pre 1983 Touring Car Championship by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Classic Saloon & Historic Touring Cars by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Mallory Park Classic Festival - Classic Saloon & Historic Touring Cars by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Last edited by Millie; 8 Aug 2013 at 11:24.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3287311)   #65
nsscc35
Rookie

Millie, great quality pics

and some really good action shots,Thanks for sharing

Pete (black evo)
Old 8 Aug 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3287315)   #66
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nice one Milly.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3287324)   #67
Millie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsscc35 View Post
and some really good action shots,Thanks for sharing

Pete (black evo)
Thanks Pete, not used to panning such fast cars as these, took a bit of getting used to! Did have a few misses lol.
Loved watching the classic thunder tbh, some fantastic looking and sounding machines out there.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3287567)   #68
nsscc35
Rookie

ah yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Thanks Pete, not used to panning such fast cars as these, took a bit of getting used to! Did have a few misses lol.
Loved watching the classic thunder tbh, some fantastic looking and sounding machines out there.
it was exciting and a little scary racing on such a small tight track,the classic thunder cars will be well suited to snetterton at the end of the month..cant wait

should be a little easier to catch them in the lens down the back straight....top cars will be doing 160mph +
Old 9 Aug 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3287600)   #69
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Mark Biggers reckons he was hitting 145 down the back straight at Mallory so I recon more like 180mph at Snett!
Old 9 Aug 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3287602)   #70
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Even had a photo of our Al in Motorsport News......

(We won't mention that he'd been lapped...... )
Old 9 Aug 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3287696)   #71
Millie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsscc35 View Post
it was exciting and a little scary racing on such a small tight track,the classic thunder cars will be well suited to snetterton at the end of the month..cant wait

should be a little easier to catch them in the lens down the back straight....top cars will be doing 160mph +
Haha that's pretty quick! Long straights do make panning a bit easier... although it seems a lot of the action happens at Murrays

Ade won't be racing but I think we're going to go along for the weekend anyway
Old 9 Aug 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3287698)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Shhh.....
Old 10 Aug 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3288058)   #73
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just uploaded this from Mallory Pre 83 race, not my best by a long chalk what with the weather and bald tyres on the back made hera right handful, watch Phil Waller lock up his Maverick at the hairpin! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKyvUIov9m8
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3288118)   #74
nsscc35
Rookie

ahaha hes brave

Quote:
Mark Biggers reckons he was hitting 145 down the back straight at Mallory so I recon more like 180mph at Snett!
and must have good brakes...checked my data I got 136mph..

180 braking for the tight left hander...scares me just thinking about it...hopefully I will be there and trying to keep up with him..lol

Pete
Old 11 Aug 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3288315)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The car has huge dustbin lid sized brakes, massive!