Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 3 Aug 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1672376)   #26
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every tenths of a rating point is approximately 100,000 households.

Thus the Kansa Race was watched on ABC by roughly 1.2 million households and the Nashville race on ESPN2 was watched by about 300,000 households....

Other series face the same lower numbers on cable vs. network telecasts....

Please note that initial rating numbers sometimes read higher than the finals, sometimes lower, depending on the Series.

Both open-wheel series tend to drop in ratings a little in the final numbers due to less viewership in smaller markets....preliminary numbers tend to be a compositie of larger markets

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1678054)   #27
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michigan's rainout was 1.0.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 14 Aug 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1682184)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Homestead 0.8
St Petes 0.4 (0.3 - (4))
Motegi 0.3 (1) (0.6 - (4))
Indy 5.0 (2)
Watkins Glen 0.8
Texas 0.6
Richmond 0.3 (0.4 - (4))
Kansas 1.2
Nashville 0.3 (3) (0.4 - (4))
Milwaukee 0.4
Michigan 1.0 (rainout), 0.2 (broadcast on ESPN2)
Kentucky
Sears Point
Chicago

(1) cribbed from TF, where it was mentioned as an aside. I'm not sure if it's real or not.
(2) apparently an OW internet digest (TSO) has said it was 5.4?
(3) cribbed from speed forum
(4) numbers differ a little in a summary post cribbed from CCF - note Motegi!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Aug 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1689850)   #29
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Kentucky's final was 0.8/2 per zap2it.

-Bill James
Old 8 Sep 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1705173)   #30
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Sears point was a 0.6; Indystar says Indy was a 5.1. All other numbers coincide with point (4).

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS01/609080473

-Bill James
Old 12 Sep 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1708952)   #31
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Homestead 0.8 (ABC)
St Petes 0.3 (ESPN)
Motegi 0.6 (ESPN)
Indy 5.0 (ABC)
Watkins Glen 0.8 (ABC)
Texas 0.6 (ESPN)
Richmond 0.4 (ESPN2)
Kansas 1.2 (ABC)
Nashville 0.4 (ESPN)
Milwaukee 0.4 (ESPN)
Michigan 1.0 (rainout (ABC)), 0.2 (broadcast on ESPN2)
Kentucky 0.8 (ABC)
Sears Point 0.6 (ESPN)
Chicago 0.8 overnight (ABC)

I've gone with the numbers from the Indystar ratings article except in the case of Indy, where Cavin stated 5.1. This was chosen because an article previously cited in this thread compared the Indy ratings to the NASCAR race and stated that Indy was a 5.0 and lost out to the NASCAR's 5.1 rating.

I've also put which channel it was on to clarify where there is a difference in available audience. I'll correct the Chicago number once the final is known.

-Bill James
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1712554)   #32
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
I've since heard that Sears Point was in fact a 0.5, and the final on Chicago is a 0.7. Otherwise the number stand (I've seen second decimals and the rounding effect, I'm declining to credit them any extra accuracy). The only place that differs is Indy, which was listed as a 5.06 - which properly would be listed as a 5.1.

-Bill James