Originally Posted by speedy jon View Post
has anyone had any passes yet?
Yes, tickets and vehicle pass arrived this morning
Old 5 Sep 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2534914)   #52
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes me to tickets and passes turned up today roll on Saturday.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2535368)   #53
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets arrived today so now trying to sort out our friend who will be entering the CER class.

Plus also trying to sort out myself, having realised that Bill volunteered us for all 3 days - and I just don't do 3 days any more. Knees, feet, back and elbows just ain't up to that. Message left with PieMan. Wait & See.

Can't wait, though. Should be a cracking meeting.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2535445)   #54
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list for CER race here- http://www.classicenduranceracing.co...ilverstone.pdf

Looks fantastic!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2535448)   #55
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Entry list for CER race here- http://www.classicenduranceracing.co...ilverstone.pdf

Looks fantastic!
Now THAT is class.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2535452)   #56
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neil Primrose might be busy though-he appears to be driving 2 cars. These rock stars eh?
Old 6 Sep 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2535459)   #57
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Neil Primrose might be busy though-he appears to be driving 2 cars. These rock stars eh?
Unless they haven't named his second driver yet. I believe, Simon Hadfield managed it at the "Classic" by doing the first stint in one car and the second stint in another. Some guys get all the fun!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2536213)   #58
Rich207
Rookie

England
Sheffield
Rich207 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Can`t wait for this weekend at Silverstone. Been for the last two years and it has always been thrilling (Minus Peugeot Spiders of course) (However gutted that the Peugeot works team are not their to put right the disaster they had in 2008!)

It`s that good that my Mum and Dad are in tow so I was wondering if anybody has a SPARE TICKET for the SUNDAY?

If anybody has it would be MUCH appreciated!!

Many Thanks in advance

Richard
Old 8 Sep 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2536473)   #59
Rich207
Rookie

England
Sheffield
Rich207 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich207 View Post
Hi,

Can`t wait for this weekend at Silverstone. Been for the last two years and it has always been thrilling (Minus Peugeot Spiders of course) (However gutted that the Peugeot works team are not their to put right the disaster they had in 2008!)

It`s that good that my Mum and Dad are in tow so I was wondering if anybody has a SPARE TICKET for the SUNDAY?

If anybody has it would be MUCH appreciated!!

Many Thanks in advance

Richard
Thanks to Derek for the kind donation. Looking forward to the weekend. Rich
Old 8 Sep 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2536546)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anybody seen an entry list for the Formula Le Mans series? I note 9 cars practiced and raced at Nurburgring and I'm thinking that's nearly 4½ hours that could be better spent...

Edited: Should say that 9 FLM cars are likely to be a whole lot better than 12 Peugeot Spiders were, so it's an improvement at least...

I'm quite happy with no Peugeots and Audis this year. While they add a certain glamour and spectacle to the event, they don't really help the racing by just disappearing into the distance. I'm hopeful of a really good battle for honours.

Last edited by Woolley; 8 Sep 2009 at 20:45.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2536882)   #61
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope you all have a great weekend as I wont be able to join you. Bit annoyed really but hey ho thats life as they say. Will just have to wait till next year.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2537244)   #62
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really excited, best two meetings of the year back to back, I just wish that family commitments would allow me to do all 3 days of both. Still looking forward seeing the racing on Sunday.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2537274)   #63
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flaggies please remember that we'll be using the FIA procedures, which are probably on their website but much easier to find at www.flag-marshal.org.uk (there's link at the bottom of the home page). Eternal thanks to Mr Newman for all the work he's put into this site.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2537325)   #64
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alan, can you clear your inbox (PM's, etc). Trying to send you a PM.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2537528)   #65
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Alan, can you clear your inbox (PM's, etc). Trying to send you a PM.
Sorry Chris, try again now.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2537550)   #66
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone received tickets for this meeting yet?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2537559)   #67
Red Bladder
Rookie

United Kingdom
Red Bladder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets

Not yet, so guess I'll be watching Monza.

Dave Ellis
Old 10 Sep 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2537573)   #68
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Yes, they were received in the post Tuesday.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2537647)   #69
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I've had the same problem, but I'm sure this is all due to the postage, or lack of it, situation.
I'm sure/hope if you turn up and explain the situation you will be let in.
I have e-mailed Cheif Marshal Alan Tyson (aka Pieman) of the situation.
Sign on tomorrow is at 8.00am. Sat/Sun 7.30am. Don't miss out on a great meeting over a problem that isn't theirs.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2537735)   #70
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got mine. I heard on the radio this morning there's two million bags or envelopes or pies or something stuck in sorting offices due to strike action. On the other hand, the way I am in a morning, I might have got that entirely wrong.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2537747)   #71
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I've got mine. I heard on the radio this morning there's two million bags or envelopes or pies or something stuck in sorting offices due to strike action. On the other hand, the way I am in a morning, I might have got that entirely wrong.
No, you got that about right Wooley. I was told by my sorting office, this morning, that I could not collect my post unless it was a strike day. I replied "as we are not being told when the strike days are, how are we supposed to know??!!". No post for 7 days and counting.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2537757)   #72
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is odd that my friend always has his passes posted to my house as we always leave from there. My passes turned up but my friends have not. Not a problem as we have no guests
Old 10 Sep 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2538047)   #73
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone, this is going to be my 5th marshal meeting now. Looking forward to doing the LMS, and now I know Mansell is there makes my weekend even better.....I've been as a spectator before at this meeting but not lasted the full 6hrs as I went on my own so going to be intresting as a marshal. Do you get anytype of breaks etc during a 6hr race?. Just wondering if my legs will stand for that long, lol. Can ayone give me any tips that I may neeed.

Also just want to say I'm glad I've decided to do marshalling, just wish I did it sooner.....I'm enjoying it so far!.

I finally bought a radio scanner so that I know what is happening. Wil just have to figure out how to use it. Though my dad has stored the signals in it for me. Hopefully it will be the correct ones for this weekend.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2539882)   #74
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got in from an excellant weekends racing, if you forget Formula Le Mans, only 11 carsfor 2x60mins races. The 1000km was superb, plenty of cars with some good driving, not many accidents, few spins and the drivers seemed to obey blue flags well. The CER race on Saturday was awesome, over 50 cars. Should of had 2 races for them instead of F.Le Mans.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2539891)   #75
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a really good weekend. Was down at club for sat and sun. My legs are acheing a little bit but it was well worth it. Was a bit chilly today compared to yesterday!. Next stop Brit car though I can only do the Sunday. I wanted to do the sat but I fly back from holiday fri night and I will be to shattered to sign in sat morning. Guess I will come and watch in the late evening. Unless anybody know's if I can sign on later on in the day?.