Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Apr 2002, 20:58 (Ref:255986)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LM Betting?

Anyone ever had a bet on Le Mans? I don't mean the annual sweep in the back of the transit, but actually at a betting shop? Do any of the bookies ever show any interest? Probably not in the UK, but what about in France, Fab?

I seem to recall Ladbrokes or some other big firm having a stall at a Grand Prix I went to a few years back but I don't recall seeing anything similar at Le Mans?
Old 9 Apr 2002, 22:26 (Ref:256036)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
William Hill (.com) have started doing odds on CART races, so you never know. Although I suspect they have an American arm and can just source the info from there. They have been doing NASCAR for ages. There are some good each-way potentials there.

Apparently if you walk into a bookies they are meant to give you odds on anything you ask. They'll probably give you bad odds, but hey!
Old 10 Apr 2002, 05:14 (Ref:256135)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
LM Betting?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Anyone ever had a bet on Le Mans? I don't mean the annual sweep in the back of the transit, but actually at a betting shop? but what about in France, Fab?
The answer is easy : it's forbidden in France...

The only bets available are for horses by a national firm named PMU (Paris Mutuels Urbains).

If you try to do that at Le Mans, you'll go... to jail !
Old 10 Apr 2002, 12:13 (Ref:256356)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah well, just a thought.

No wonder you French guys are all so rich........
Old 11 Apr 2002, 14:14 (Ref:257299)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Ah well, just a thought.

No wonder you French guys are all so rich........
We're not rich, we're stingy !
Old 9 May 2002, 21:30 (Ref:281340)   #6
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betting

Where can one bet on sportscar races in general and LM in particular?

Not that I'd encourage such a thing of course.

I'm asking for a friend

Old 9 May 2002, 23:50 (Ref:281385)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was thread on Le Mans betting a bit a go (If memory serves...). The results were inconclusive. William Hill (online) do F1, NASCAR, WRC and CART. Not sure about Le Mans. Apparently it is illegal in France, so there won't be any bookies at the ciruit itself.

I think (so it this is probably wrong!) bookies are meant to give you odds on anything if you go in and ask. Although this doesn't stop them giving you bad odds!
Old 10 May 2002, 08:26 (Ref:281561)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
didn't it transpire that betting is state run by pmu...the people who dish out the big green hands at the tour de france.
Old 10 May 2002, 08:36 (Ref:281576)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps whilst drinking in the Place du Republique you could flag down a passing local and ask "ou est la magasin du maker de livres?"
Old 10 May 2002, 14:09 (Ref:281934)   #10
Big Stu
Rookie

Big Stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I think (so it this is probably wrong!) bookies are meant to give you odds on anything if you go in and ask. Although this doesn't stop them giving you bad odds!
I thought the same but I asked a bookie friend about placing bets on NBA basketball and she said they didn't accept bets..... I thought they'd be glad to take my money from me...
Old 10 May 2002, 16:59 (Ref:282046)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
There was thread on Le Mans betting a bit a go (If memory serves...).
Indeed there was - I started it a few weeks back. I'll look it out and merge the 2 threads.

Tis done.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 May 2002 at 17:03.