Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3254020)   #851
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
So 10 laps for Audi and 12-13 for Toyota?
... or will this enable Toyota to push the power a little further?
Old 27 May 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3254026)   #852
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm happy with all coupes.

Loved C1 and C2.......
Variety is the spice of life Ayse !!!
Old 27 May 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3254030)   #853
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Rumor is Toyota gets +3L fuel capacity and Rebellion & Strakka +8L
Unbelievable ...
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._13052701.html
Wow talk about trying to level the playing field!
Old 27 May 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3254032)   #854
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We will see which way the toyota cars go in the test weekend, i think they will push the power up but that is only my guess
Old 27 May 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3254065)   #855
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Variety is the spice of life Ayse !!!
Now that sounds like a play on words - Gordon!
Old 27 May 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3254074)   #856
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I don't think 3L means an extra lap, so does it make any difference at all?
Was 73L enough for a full stint, or was there after each stint some fuel left in the tank? Not enough to complete another lap, but with addition of this 3 liters it might be enough for an extra lap?

Somewhere, it has to give an advantage
Old 28 May 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3254706)   #857
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Still no news on AF Corse or the GreenGT, then?
Old 28 May 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3254709)   #858
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The consensus on the AF Corse is that some big announcement is coming up. (can't garantee the correctness of the concensus of course).

But the Green GT? Dead before arrival, I guess.
Old 28 May 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3254722)   #859
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With so little time, I expect an announcement about a Green GT withdrawal any day now. The wonder of it is that if that happens, why leave the decision so late......
Old 28 May 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3254734)   #860
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Surely the ACO must be doing something about the Green car, either they know something we don't or they have already given up
Old 28 May 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3254742)   #861
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Surely the ACO must be doing something about the Green car, either they know something we don't or they have already given up
I'd say no news is good news regarding GreenGT but I really have no idea. Got my fingers crossed for it.
Old 28 May 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3254745)   #862
Chris Draper
Rookie

United States
Gilbert, AZ
Chris Draper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really had high hopes for the Green GT, as I am a fan of hydrogen technology. It's more than a little concerning that we haven't heard anything.

At the same time though, they don't have a big manufacture, like the DW had Nissan, to back it.
Old 29 May 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3254848)   #863
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd say no news is good news regarding GreenGT but I really have no idea. Got my fingers crossed for it.
I agree, just because we haven't heard anything about it yet, doesn't mean it's not running at Le Mans.

The Test day might tell us more.
Old 29 May 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3254849)   #864
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
May be the AF Corsa 51 car will be driven in the race by a mysterious person dressed in white with a white helmet, some say..................

Sorry to all those out there that do not watch Top Gear
Old 29 May 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3254973)   #865
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M. Schumacher?
Old 29 May 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3255012)   #866
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
M. Schumacher?
He is still doing promotional things for Mercedes ( two weeks ago drove a F1 car at the Nürburgring Nordschleife ), That would probably count him out.
Old 29 May 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3255025)   #867
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Generally, no news is bad news. It's difficult to imagine a coherent marketing strategy built around silence. And the point of Garage 56 largely is marketing — both for Le Mans and the ACO and the technologies and teams/companies selected.
Old 29 May 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3255031)   #868
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Still no news on AF Corse or the GreenGT, then?
I believe they have till the 1st of June, so just a few days left.
Old 29 May 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3255051)   #869
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Generally, no news is bad news. It's difficult to imagine a coherent marketing strategy built around silence. And the point of Garage 56 largely is marketing — both for Le Mans and the ACO and the technologies and teams/companies selected.
I'm not sure I agree to be honest. Did anyone expect the GreenGT folks to put together a marketing strategy? I'm sure every penny of their very limited budget is going into trying to make the car work on the track. Proving people wrong is surely the best case scenario for them. They aren't a manufacturer so it's tough to compare to the DeltaWing.
Old 29 May 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3255068)   #870
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think it is that costly to put up a facebook and or twitter account and let yourself be heard and seen in cyberspace.
Old 29 May 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3255073)   #871
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
May be the AF Corsa 51 car will be driven in the race by a mysterious person dressed in white with a white helmet, some say..................

Sorry to all those out there that do not watch Top Gear
I'm surprised no one had already thought of that!
Old 29 May 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3255076)   #872
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I don't think it is that costly to put up a facebook and or twitter account and let yourself be heard and seen in cyberspace.
If you want to do a good job someone needs paying to do it. There must surely have been doubts around the programme - I'm not denying that. So if that was the case you might not want to publish a lot of promises you can't keep.

And also from what I've seen the French aren't exactly big proponents of social media.
Old 29 May 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3255077)   #873
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I'm surprised no one had already thought of that!
Jay Kay was dressed up as the Stig in 2003 at Le Mans. He said he could walk around more freely dressed up like that than being himself
Old 29 May 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3255162)   #874
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyone else think this JMW 'artcar' livery is a bit of a joke? I don't really see the point in the contest when there is such little scope for design and Dunlop has clearly already decided what they wanted.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-18489.html
Old 29 May 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3255164)   #875
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not exactly an art car more a mobile dunlop advert