Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 May 2003, 06:17 (Ref:598488)   #1
rcs
Rookie

rcs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grandstand Update

From the official site :

Installation of two new grandstands
Forever anxious to improve the level of welcome and comfort of its spectators, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest will be setting up two new open grandstands which can be dismantled, at the entry to the ESSES of the Tertre Rouge.

Located outside the track, these two grandstands, the seats of which will be on sale at €77, will offer an unrestricted view of the best spots of the circuit: the Dunlop descent, the Chapel Corner and the entry into the ESSES of the Tertre Rouge.

Incomparable visibility, the guarantee of seeing the cars overtaking and braking… that’s what should delight a great many fans of the “24 Heures du Mans”.

Booking Office
e-mail : ticket@lemans.org
Web : Ticket Office
Old 14 May 2003, 09:23 (Ref:598565)   #2
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only concern here is that this will restrict viewing for those wondering around the circuit wanting to view from many different vantage points. You used to be able to stand in front on the Dunlop grandstand and view, I don't think you can now though. In general I guess that those with grandstand seats don't use them for more than 5 or 6 hours of the 24, meaning that some prime viewing areas sit mostly empty whilst those out and about on foot scramble for the best available spots that are left.
Old 14 May 2003, 16:17 (Ref:598912)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that's inevitable Mike. I did wonder how long ti would take the ACO to stick a stand or two down there, after the circuit revisions last year. Actually, I knew about this a little while ago - Fab told me......
Old 15 May 2003, 05:04 (Ref:599330)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
My only concern here is that this will restrict viewing for those wondering around the circuit wanting to view from many different vantage points.
Let's wait to see where those grandstands are stucked... i hope they won't take too much place on the ground for pedestrian public. Could be above the great hole at the outside of the track...

Just one thing : they talked about one outside and one inside during the PQ day... and here are mentionned two outside... too bad, the view from the inside is better, IMO...
Old 15 May 2003, 07:32 (Ref:599429)   #5
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are prepared to accept the desecration of the old circuit (which relutantly in this case I am) the views from this part are some of the best to be had, both inside and out. One year I would like to see the start from here, but we are alway glued to our seats in the stand.

FG
Old 15 May 2003, 09:02 (Ref:599508)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It's not chocking to be glued in such a place !

BTW, I'm hesitating to make me a gift and buy one of those brand new La Chappelle grandstand's place... 77 € : is it worth it ?
Old 15 May 2003, 20:47 (Ref:600254)   #7
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

BTW, I'm hesitating to make me a gift and buy one of those brand new La Chappelle grandstand's place... 77 € : is it worth it ?
If you do, perhaps we could exchange tickets for an hour or two. But I thought you had seats in the stand above the pits?

FG
Old 16 May 2003, 04:56 (Ref:600538)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
If you do, perhaps we could exchange tickets for an hour or two. But I thought you had seats in the stand above the pits?

FG
I have ! But I always want more for those two days... just can't stop spending my money

I think I'l wait to see first were are those grandstands, and what is the view from there... If I do, anyway, you'll be one of the first to know, and no prblem to exchange !
Old 16 May 2003, 07:24 (Ref:600593)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I had a few more quid available Fab, I'd certainly goes halves with you
Old 16 May 2003, 14:02 (Ref:600997)   #10
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a couple of passes spread out between a group. That's what my main group have done, we've taken three seats in Tribune 4 between 12 of us and we will do an hour or so each and then pass it on to the next person.
Old 16 May 2003, 15:28 (Ref:601106)   #11
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by jpchenet
[B]How about a couple of passes spread out between a group.
I would be interested in such a setup, we have seats in Tribune 4 as well.

Last edited by Bas; 16 May 2003 at 15:30.
Old 16 May 2003, 16:37 (Ref:601177)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
If I had a few more quid available Fab, I'd certainly goes halves with you
Stay focused on your trip, Ayse !
Old 16 May 2003, 16:42 (Ref:601183)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
How about a couple of passes spread out between a group. That's what my main group have done, we've taken three seats in Tribune 4 between 12 of us and we will do an hour or so each and then pass it on to the next person.
We did it three years ago, a good choice indeed.

I'd like to spare my sit (pits grandstands) with Dunlop or the new esses grandstand, or the Ford chicane's one... the problem in such crowd is to meet, at a precise hour, and to give back in the same conditions... possible, but not so easy, except with close friends...

I still hesitate to raid on my piggy's bank for the new grandstands...
Old 16 May 2003, 20:28 (Ref:601327)   #14
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
except with close friends...

I still hesitate to raid on my piggy's bank for the new grandstands...
Voila! Mais nous sommes tout amis ici, n'est-ce-pas?

Ne casses pas ton tire-lire, emprentes la de sa vielle chauve souris!

FG
Old 17 May 2003, 06:26 (Ref:601589)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Ne casses pas ton tire-lire, emprentes la de sa vielle chauve souris!

FG
Almost perfect ! But tirelire is feminine, so 'ma tirelire' (is empty, BTW ), and 'emprunter * ma vieille chauve souris' (borrow to the old bat), I'm not sure she'll be agreed : I'll have to give back the money one day (pay the piper ? ), and she doesn't trust about it so much ...

Let's spend the money of the ankle biters' holidays ! (Oh no, undignified father !)
Old 17 May 2003, 22:51 (Ref:602173)   #16
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
borrow to the old bat

Let's spend the money of the ankle biters' holidays !

undignified father !)
Oh this is so much fun.

Borrow from the old bat.

Spend the ankle biters' holiday money.

Dreadful father.

If faut apprendre tout les jours!

FG
Old 17 May 2003, 23:09 (Ref:602195)   #17
jpchenet
Rookie

peut-être nous devrions commencer une discussion française? N'est pas?

J'ai besoin de la pratique
Old 17 May 2003, 23:10 (Ref:602196)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
peut-être nous devrions commencer une discussion française? N'est pas?

Non.

(Yep, that's my lot...... )
Old 17 May 2003, 23:18 (Ref:602207)   #19
jpchenet
Rookie

pourquoi
Old 17 May 2003, 23:20 (Ref:602211)   #20
jpchenet
Rookie

Tu est un 'ampshire 'og aussi. Nous sommes pres d'ici de La Belle France
Old 19 May 2003, 04:50 (Ref:603081)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Great great great !!! I feel like beeing home here !

Well, I know now that I'm dreadful

I officialy open the bilingual thread here ! (Ayse, repeat after me : 'un merguez frites, avec de la mayonnaise, s'il vous plait !' (yum yum !)
Old 19 May 2003, 04:52 (Ref:603082)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Tu est un 'ampshire 'og aussi. Nous sommes pres d'ici de La Belle France
What's an 'og' ? Local ? Original ? Born on the spot ?

JPChenet, despite your very french name, I'll correct your sentence : 'nous sommes près de la Belle France ici' is the right order...

Good job !
Old 19 May 2003, 07:29 (Ref:603131)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Merguez frites, oui monsieur, avec un verre de champagne, s'il vous plait......

Fab - "og" = Hog - as in pig.
Old 19 May 2003, 07:49 (Ref:603141)   #24
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
(yum yum !)
Fab,

I hesitate to correct your French , but shouldn't that be "Miam miam"?

FG

Last edited by FG1; 19 May 2003 at 07:50.
Old 19 May 2003, 12:02 (Ref:603428)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Don't talk with your mouths full people - how rude......