Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:44 (Ref:1133352)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fight Breaks Out.......

Ambrose V Murph at the press conference about the Ambrose brake test at the finish line.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:47 (Ref:1133353)   #2
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any punches thrown?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:48 (Ref:1133354)   #3
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no verbal only but they had a fair go at it...
decision pending to be released soon??

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:51 (Ref:1133357)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
I think they are going to the podium presentation now - be interesting if they carry it on there. This won't make good reading in the press.
Don't think I have ever seen anything like that before.

Last edited by retro; 24 Oct 2004 at 03:52.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:56 (Ref:1133360)   #5
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
OK well a jurno askes Ambrose to defend himself over the brake test on Rickeliminator in the first race.

Ambrose takes a no comment line so Murph buts in and gives Ambrose a spray.

Then the jurno's start asking some tough questions about how hard he hit the pedal etc.

Murph and Ambrose carry it on.

Last edited by retro; 24 Oct 2004 at 03:57.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:59 (Ref:1133361)   #6
Saloon56
Rookie

Saloon56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ambrose should have asked a question about Rick's @ock up with Bright ????
Old 24 Oct 2004, 04:52 (Ref:1133370)   #7
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
If you know any one with BigPond you must see this press conference.
BigPond will archive this soon unless there is action by the stewards.
Ambrose said some very unusual things and Murph went fair up him - I can't see this being laid to rest with out some form of action.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 04:53 (Ref:1133371)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing Murph was trying to take the heat away from Kelly.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:02 (Ref:1133374)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Murph backed up Rickeliminator's version of the brake check story in Race 1. This is how the jurno's started asking Ambrose did he brake check him and how hard did he hit the pedal.

Ambrose was acting pretty sheepish and told Murph he was trying to win a championship. Well Murph blew up and told him that no one is going to move over to let him win - he fair gave it to Ambrose.

The stewards are going to hand down a decision about the brake check and the pit lane *talk* very soon.

I have a bad feeling that Ambrose is in for a fine or a points loss.

edit - We are not talking about some kind of joke thing here - this is very serious.

another edit - I realise that most of you don't have BigPond but if there is anyony else out there who saw the press conference can you jump in and make a comment.

Last edited by retro; 24 Oct 2004 at 05:10.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:29 (Ref:1133380)   #10
Schrodes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney ish
Schrodes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have BigPond but our software isn't up to date enough to watch the footage. Can anyone give us a transcript?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1133381)   #11
pete55
Veteran

That would artifically close up the championship eh. Maybe they could dock Murph a few points too for bringing the sport into disrepute. After all what did it have to do with him.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:43 (Ref:1133383)   #12
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No footage/highlights at all on bigpond from anything on Sunday, I hope this is not restricted, maybe after any hearings. This is why Im paying for Bigpond, to get the good stuff 10 dosent cover!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:52 (Ref:1133388)   #13
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
No footage/highlights at all on bigpond from anything on Sunday, I hope this is not restricted, maybe after any hearings. This is why Im paying for Bigpond, to get the good stuff 10 dosent cover!
Sometimes it takes a while for BigPond to archive the press conference but it will be tomorrow at the latest. I will have to watch it again myself as my first reaction was

pete - Murph jumped in to back up his mates (Rickeliminator)story about the brake check and said that he passed Ambrose after Rickeliminator and he had definately braked checked him.
Ambrose would not flat out deny this.

Barry Oliver even made the comment at the end of the press conference that a decision was pending very soon.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 06:18 (Ref:1133400)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Ambrose fights back about the brake check - click here

Ambrose still couldn’t shake the controversy of race one yesterday when he allegedly “brake tested” Rick Kelly on the finish line and then allegedly abused the young Holden driver in pit lane. Stewards were still reviewing the incident after the second race was completed.

It flared again after the second race.

“I believe that Rick was out of line,” Ambrose said.

“I refute the claims totally and that’s the state of play. I slowed down after the race and I don’t dispute that. I refute the claim that I brake tested him.”

Old 24 Oct 2004, 06:41 (Ref:1133412)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kmart racing have a serious attitude problem from both their drivers it seems.

Will it improve next season, or will the poisoned tongues expand and multiply when in new homes?

If Mr R Kelly was watching with the concentration and intensity he should have been, any move by Ambrose should have been well covered.

I dont recall seeing the footage, but on occassion SBR and indeed HRT have driven their race winning cars towards the pitwall, close to their garage staff who are usually hanging over that wall in celebration.

Again, if the following driver (who was a lap down!) was situationally aware, this would not be of the slightest importance!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 06:48 (Ref:1133421)   #16
Flameho
Rookie

Flameho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said GTR
Me thinks the infant was simply target fixated and hence i SA bubble a lot smaller.
Hope someone posts a transcipt ASAP for us plebes without BigPond
Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1133478)   #17
Beejay17
Racer

Beejay17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kelly's madness today certainly puts Ambrose's ire in a different light. Imagine driving past Bright slumped behind the wheel thinking: "That could have been me yesterday..."
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1133494)   #18
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, attitude problems?
Granted, Rick has some maturing to do. But to put Murph in the same boat is probably a little imaginative of you.
No one saw footage of the alleged 'brake check' except Ambrose, Rick, and Murph, so there's no use in slagging off drivers for THEIR reaction to it when you haven't even witnessed the event yourself.

And regardless of all that, whether Rick should have been paying attention or not, no one should brake check another competitor on the main straight, the fastest part of the track. It's absolute lunacy.

The officials can get perfect view of it from 15's in car footage and we'll find out later on what really happened.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1133511)   #19
pete55
Veteran

I have been told Ambrose slowed and put his headlights on just after he crossed the finishing line.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1133512)   #20
six
Rookie

Australia
six should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bedford,

Murphs behaviour at the press conference proved himself to be every bit as immature as his team mate.

The continual interupting, and behaving like spoilt brats must be inbreed down at the (once were TWR) empire.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1133518)   #21
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Murph is taking on Big Nose's role as the red one is not as common at the post race media conferences?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1133519)   #22
8news
Rookie

8news should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by six
Bedford,

Murphs behaviour at the press conference proved himself to be every bit as immature as his team mate.

The continual interupting, and behaving like spoilt brats must be inbreed down at the (once were TWR) empire.
To get a drive in the HM 6 car team, you 1st have to complete the Mark Skaife School of arrogance. Seems 5 have passed already but Todd promises to try harder.

Last edited by 8news; 24 Oct 2004 at 08:24.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1133522)   #23
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
six, At least he wasn't in there making comments like this

(from smh.com.au)

<i>Kelly said on Saturday that Ambrose had sworn at him, called him "a little twerp" and threatened to run him into the wall if he ever followed him that closely again.</i>

That's easily the worst comment I've heard come from a driver. And the two Kmart boys are the ones with problems?...
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1133526)   #24
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
A little media training could be in order for the K-Mart boys but it is far more interesting watching them engage mouth before brain, I must say.
Let's not let the Thought Police push their political correctness into this sport ... a little verbal biffo in (after) the heat of the battle never hurt nobody.
Otherwise all you will get is the AFL style "Well, I did'nt really see it so I can't comment" rubbish.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1133531)   #25
8news
Rookie

8news should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bedford
six, At least he wasn't in there making comments like this

(from smh.com.au)

<i>Kelly said on Saturday that Ambrose had sworn at him, called him "a little twerp" and threatened to run him into the wall if he ever followed him that closely again.</i>

That's easily the worst comment I've heard come from a driver. And the two Kmart boys are the ones with problems?...
You should get out more often if you think that is bad