Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4060174)   #276
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
It would be under LMP1 regulations which allowed to fix the source of the aforementioned troubles. In LMH they're stuck for 5 years with what they have in race 1.
Yes that is an issue.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4060177)   #277
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like it. Its different and it has a futuristic look to it. It might not be pretty but its unique. I hope its fast and we see it challenging for wins.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4060178)   #278
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some fans already ask how will they adjust aero on that thing. If you rely everything onto diffuser only you don't have much room for settings.

Last edited by helgi; 6 Jul 2021 at 16:10.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4060187)   #279
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Uniq design.
I like it.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4060188)   #280
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
At least a physical mockup car already exists:
https://youtu.be/yd7I4CeNvLg

Jump to 4:00 or so.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4060189)   #281
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
At least a physical mockup car already exists:
https://youtu.be/yd7I4CeNvLg

Jump to 4:00 or so.
that is a great walkaround! Even though I had seen pictures of the interior, once he opened the door i did gasp a little!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4060190)   #282
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This my friends is why as I have gotten older my interest in sportscar racing gets bigger, whereas Indycar, NASCAR, F1...i could not give two crapolas about anymore.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4060193)   #283
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The rear downforce relies only on the diffuser. I read the regulations. Active suspensions and deformable bodywork are forbidden. I bet that the race version of the rear shape is not shown here.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4060198)   #284
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mock up has 90% of what we will find on the actual race car. There will be changes.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4060199)   #285
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
While I do agree, it's a little unusual to unveil what looks like a finished car that may not do its big race for another two years!
<joke> Well it's clearly not finished yet, it hasn't even got a rear wing! </joke>

I'm getting slight GT-R LM Nismo vibes from the front intakes. Could they be through-body tunnels like on the Nissan?

Last edited by J Jay; 6 Jul 2021 at 17:48.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4060202)   #286
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Strange to not even have a tea tray wing purely for handling adjustment. To my limited knowledge the only way they can adjust aero then is by adjusting the ride height, which has a knock on effect to other aspects of the car. Odd choice but I guess this is why they design race cars and I fix computers for a living.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4060204)   #287
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Strange to not even have a tea tray wing purely for handling adjustment. To my limited knowledge the only way they can adjust aero then is by adjusting the ride height, which has a knock on effect to other aspects of the car. Odd choice but I guess this is why they design race cars and I fix computers for a living.
“The absence of a rear wing on the Peugeot 9X8 is a major innovative step,” adds Stellantis Motorsport Director Jean-Marc Finot. “We have achieved a degree of aerodynamic efficiency that allows us to do away with this feature. Don’t ask how, though! We have every intention of keeping that a secret as long as we possibly can!”
Old 6 Jul 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4060205)   #288
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Adjustable underbody elements?

Inboard aero elements? Like J Jay suggest, it does have similar features to the Nissan GT-R LM and the Audi R15.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4060206)   #289
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'm getting slight GT-R LM Nismo vibes from the front intakes. Could they be through-body tunnels like on the Nissan?
I was thinking the same. But then there are humongous air inlets on top of the bodywork just ahead of the rear axle. Unless that's for cooling, I'm thinking that entire rear decklid could be in effect a giant airfoil sitting right above the diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The rear downforce relies only on the diffuser. I read the regulations. Active suspensions and deformable bodywork are forbidden. I bet that the race version of the rear shape is not shown here.
As regards to aero balance adjustments. Right now the black bodywork at the back is 1-piece. But if they separate the horizontal section from the vertical side vanes, it can become an adjustable spoiler, Porsche 910-style.

Old 6 Jul 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4060215)   #290
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
<joke> Well it's clearly not finished yet, it hasn't even got a rear wing! </joke>

I had the same thoughts, but i also liked that car and we saw how that worked out!

Nissan is also a good example of why you don't rush to get the car to Le Mans if it isn't 100% ready.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4060219)   #291
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Comparison to Nissan.

Ouch.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 00:41 (Ref:4060231)   #292
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
B Sport on 9X8:
https://youtu.be/ojnvRedzQBc
Old 7 Jul 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4060252)   #293
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

well yeah, the fact the big diffuser lets 9X8 reach the maxium N of downforce allowed by the 4:1 design rule without using a rear wing, doesn't automatically mean it makes the car aero balanced too, but guess it's too premature to speculate about considering 9X8 is still a WIP car
Old 7 Jul 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4060263)   #294
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks certainly radical. We'll see how it goes on the track. Certainly might turn a few heads if it can be competitive from the off
Old 7 Jul 2021, 13:12 (Ref:4060290)   #295
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Looks different, and not horribly proportioned. I appreciate the effort. We'll see if it pulls a Nissan and holds up the P2s in the corners.

First thing I thought when I saw no wing was that Peugeot accident at 2008 Le Mans test. "Oh there's going to be a lot of back ends trying to become the front ends if they can't generate significant downforce."

Really looking forward to the top speeds though.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4060305)   #296
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Looks different, and not horribly proportioned. I appreciate the effort. We'll see if it pulls a Nissan and holds up the P2s in the corners.

First thing I thought when I saw no wing was that Peugeot accident at 2008 Le Mans test. "Oh there's going to be a lot of back ends trying to become the front ends if they can't generate significant downforce."

Really looking forward to the top speeds though.
And Duval will remember his crash with the Audi at the same place in 2014. So he will be very aware of the balance of the car and its setup.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4060326)   #297
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While I did laugh at a comparison to the Nissan. Poor Nissan, good they tried, but bad they failed. There is no way the Peugeot will be that bad in corners! I still shudder watching that thing try to navigate the Ford chicane.

But I think it might be harsh, and I don’t think any of us are being that serious here, to compare it to the Nissan. The current rules do seem to allow this approach as a viable option.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4060327)   #298
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, now I see it!

https://twitter.com/SpeedSportLife/s...374849025?s=19
Old 7 Jul 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4060342)   #299
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
While I did laugh at a comparison to the Nissan. Poor Nissan, good they tried, but bad they failed. There is no way the Peugeot will be that bad in corners! I still shudder watching that thing try to navigate the Ford chicane.
Wasn't that due to gearbox reliability concerns or something like that, drivers were told to avoid curbs? Not to mention that FWD requires different racing lines that would probably stand out as weird next to RWD cars. That aside, the car was probably too underpowered to even assess the handling.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 00:56 (Ref:4060345)   #300
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It was just awful in every way. You could see it in the way it handled. It seemed loose and with no front end at different points in the same corner. A result of the FWD and set-up not marrying. It wasn’t ready.

It was so slow compared to anything else - cars from other classes too. Mediocre LMP2 cars would be all over it and have to pull out to try and get past on the exit and it would take an age before the poor Nissan drivers could get the power down out of the corner. Then when they did - boom! - the Nissan would shoot off. Must have been very frustrating for the other car. Slowed down, off line and then destroyed once the Nissan could use he power.

Edit: for the nostalgia Nissan at Le Mans in 2015.

/off topic. The Peugeot will be better!
Attached Thumbnails
3CA2D296-62CD-4A21-97AE-51BA3C284BAF.jpg   87EDF6B0-B385-49CF-A082-C9EDB1878C08.jpeg   2C999250-935A-4B6F-8178-087FF5C1D1D9.jpeg  

5B72B423-924E-4390-B96C-E6CF4D0E53CA.jpeg  

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Jul 2021 at 01:29.