Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 30 Nov 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4135620)   #501
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
At this rate, it genuinely looks like me and my party will be unable to go and camp. That essentially rules us out being able to go at all. How have the ACO managed to conjure up this situation?
Gutted to hear this mate. It's been hard enough trying to sort things for two people let alone a stag. Definitely worth giving tickets a shot on the 5th incase they've ringfenced a load for general sale.

Feels like Glastonbury vibes when it really shouldn't be this difficult.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 19:48 (Ref:4135621)   #502
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I have a couple of friends who get automatic allocation each year, again they are long term members, for one of them it's about having the same seats in the ACO grandstand every year.
Personally I'm not bothered either way, both friends would be going anyway so it's not like they are getting something they wouldn't want.
It obviously goes back a long way and is probably more obvious now that we can book directly via the website. Prior to that I used to just send an email asking for the usual and they would respond with an invoice.
From an ACO point of view it's an almost guaranteed income (and fewer annoyed Members) and from a Members point of view it saves the mad scramble these days.

I have no idea how they copy with it from an admin point of view, knowing the ACO it's probably an old book with handwritten details in it!

PS - I am an ACO Member
Thanks for that, Geoff. I’ve been a member for 25 years but bizarrely, until 2019 I hadn’t ever booked a ticket direct with the ACO and this year was the first time since. As I don’t camp, I wouldn’t have expected to have any difficulty this year and entrance/grandstand booking was a breeze, but I hadn’t banked on the ACO closing my car park for next year…. I guess my problem is small beer compared to many..
Old 30 Nov 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4135622)   #503
DMonks82
Rookie

DMonks82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full week General Entry (for ACO members) back on sale just now - I just bought 4.

Anyone want 4x Wed, 4x Thurs, 4x Weekend Only at face value... ? :-/
Old 30 Nov 2022, 20:58 (Ref:4135628)   #504
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonks82 View Post
Full week General Entry (for ACO members) back on sale just now - I just bought 4.

Anyone want 4x Wed, 4x Thurs, 4x Weekend Only at face value... ? :-/
Congrats, but how disgusting things go with ticket sales.
If Epinettes comes back for sale again...... pfffff I've got 6 BSJ now.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 21:00 (Ref:4135629)   #505
DMonks82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Congrats, but how disgusting things go with ticket sales.
If Epinettes comes back for sale again...... pfffff I've got 6 BSJ now.
Couldn't agree more. I was equal parts happy /angry to see them for sale.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 21:40 (Ref:4135633)   #506
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So tickets were sold out 2 days ago and now they are selling more, how much more comical can this get. Seems that the ACO are trying to correct thimgs but it will leave people with extra tickets now, will they offer to refund those that bought the weekend and extra day tickets? They should do
Old 30 Nov 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4135634)   #507
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps they have been advised by the same people as Silverstone for next year's Eff Wun parade ...
Old 30 Nov 2022, 21:51 (Ref:4135635)   #508
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if the ACO was running F! then i suspect they would make as big a mess of it as the current people.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 22:34 (Ref:4135636)   #509
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe someone cancelled their entry ticket order when they couldn’t get any camping…. There are no full week tickets on there now.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 23:20 (Ref:4135640)   #510
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Maybe someone cancelled their entry ticket order when they couldn’t get any camping…. There are no full week tickets on there now.
Still up there for me. If you scroll to the end of that row. Like you say, may well be due to returns.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 23:23 (Ref:4135641)   #511
DMonks82
Rookie

Quote:
Curious... still there for me. Interestingly it is there before I log in, and still there but with a 'members only' marker on the circle after I log in.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4135649)   #512
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMonks82 View Post
Curious... still there for me. Interestingly it is there before I log in, and still there but with a 'members only' marker on the circle after I log in.
Still there this morning, and last night both 30m and 40m Hippodrome pitches were available, but they've gone now.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4135654)   #513
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Thank you for your info. I can say that having camped in TD Porsche Curves, the location is far from inconvenient, it just lacks electrical hook up. There are buses from the bridge to Arnage and Mulsanne. Also the train and busses from the roundabout up to the Museum end, although I suspect there will be additional passengers this year.

So, I'll stick with BSJ for 2023. As WhiteMr suggested, perhaps we could arrange to camp together, although not sure how difficult this would be?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4135656)   #514
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Still there this morning, and last night both 30m and 40m Hippodrome pitches were available, but they've gone now.
Not showing for me. I don't believe the ACO have released more tickets.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 08:47 (Ref:4135657)   #515
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not showing for me. I don't believe the ACO have released more tickets.
Just sent you a screenshot on WhatsApp mate. Still available.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4135667)   #516
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It wasn't for me at 8:41 nor is it now. Bizarre.....
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4135673)   #517
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
eryday things seem to change, wonder if the will change the date next

I suggest those people who got the odd day tickets because they had been told that full week ones had sold out should complain to the ACO and request they be reissued with the full week ones.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 11:07 (Ref:4135674)   #518
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There must have been a decent amount of full week tickets appearing last night/this morning as there is a guy on PH who is selling a 2+weekend ticket as he managed to get a week ticket.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 11:08 (Ref:4135675)   #519
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On FB today that ACO have confirmed that they've closed parking vert, bleu and blanc in order to provide space for 'teams, providers and media' who would otherwise have parked internally. Sod the paying spectators eh?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4135681)   #520
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's strange, I keep being told by people both here and elsewhere the full week tickets are available, even as a few minutes ago, but they don't show for me.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 11:57 (Ref:4135684)   #521
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
It's strange, I keep being told by people both here and elsewhere the full week tickets are available, even as a few minutes ago, but they don't show for me.
Very strange, I'm on there now and I'm allowed to buy up to 24 Full Week tickets at 94 euros. I'm also allowed to buy two at 61 euros members rate.

Just sent you another screenshot with 26 full week tickets in my basket.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4135685)   #522
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
On FB today that ACO have confirmed that they've closed parking vert, bleu and blanc in order to provide space for 'teams, providers and media' who would otherwise have parked internally. Sod the paying spectators eh?
Sod the ACO as far as I'm concerned.

I had intended to spectate at the 24H until I was 80. I celebrated that landmark this August, but smelled a rat and held back from booking T17 for 2023 when campsites were not available for booking at the same time.
Now I'm just happy not to be involved in the chase for camping, parking and even GEs for the full week. I do have access to full week GEs via another route, but with my limited mobility and nowhere to camp or park near the main grandstands, I'll stay at home, thanks.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4135687)   #523
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sad news Christopher, but I don't blame you. I'm beginning to wonder what we'll encounter when we get there next year. I know as humans we're creatures of habit and this will be small beer to most, but I'm supremely cheesed off that the ACO have taken Parking Blanc away and seem not to care a jot about the people who have continued to support their event through thick (and for a number of years now) thin....
Old 1 Dec 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4135692)   #524
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a Clos Fleuri campsite up now
Old 1 Dec 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4135694)   #525
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
inside circuit near Mulsanne straight

looks like it's near Garage Vert and a assume its where Ist Tickets AM were a few years back - with 100m or so from the inside spectator bank near the foot tunnel

bit closer than BSJ!!!!!!

Last edited by RL17; 1 Dec 2022 at 13:33.
Closed Thread