Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Jan 2004, 02:36 (Ref:848947)   #1
chris42
Rookie

chris42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can't everyone just be friends?

This is the first time I've posted on ten-tenths, although I've been lurking for a long time...

I love Champ Cars and IRL equally as different disciplines, and I really don't understand why there seems to be so much rivalary between the fans. Surely we all have the common interest of motor racing. Can't everyone just ignore the politics and the irritating personalities behind both organisations and just have a big group hug??? Or at least everyone get on with each other?
Old 24 Jan 2004, 02:49 (Ref:848950)   #2
SurfaceUnits
Racer

SurfaceUnits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://grouphug.us/
Old 24 Jan 2004, 02:53 (Ref:848951)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice sentiment Chris, and welcome to the forum!

In the end, most of us will be OK. These are tough and changing times though, and tensions are bound to rise abit. This is the best forum out there, and if you stick with it, I think you'll agree.

Cheers

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Jan 2004, 02:55 (Ref:848953)   #4
chris42
Rookie

Thanks... posted my frustrations there!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 03:01 (Ref:848955)   #5
chris42
Rookie

GP Racer... I just think the time has come to enjoy some racing. And a time when all this animosity ends cannot come soon enough...
Old 24 Jan 2004, 03:09 (Ref:848958)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thats the problem you know, we have the 'shakes' from lack of racing to watch - all will be well soon enough
Old 24 Jan 2004, 03:38 (Ref:848964)   #7
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't been posting much lately. I hate reading about the money, the courts, the power struggles, the politics, and all the speculating. I love the racing and this stuff just makes me uneasy. Almost every thread that had been posted lately has evntually come around to talking about the same thing. By the end of the month (I hope) this will be resolved one way or another for the good or bad. Then, hopefully, we can get back to talking about our favorite drivers, races, and tracks. If it goes bad, well, I guess you might be seeing more of me on the ALMS and F1 boards... :confused:

It sure has been a long time since Surfers Paradise and Long Beach seems forever away.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 03:42 (Ref:848966)   #8
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the board chris42.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 09:02 (Ref:849120)   #9
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You get my vote Chris. I'll get back to u on the hugging bit tho. My wife is a very jealous women.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 15:05 (Ref:849342)   #10
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tailwind, keep an open mind on all of this. If you love open wheel, don't give up on it if TG wins, it could wind up being OK, if you give it a shot.

He's only one man, and besides, on race day, we won't care who's running the series will we?

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:06 (Ref:849378)   #11
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Thats the problem you know, we have the 'shakes' from lack of racing to watch - all will be well soon enough
I'm glad I am not the only one suffering from these!! I call mine PC withdrawals!!!

Sue
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:08 (Ref:849380)   #12
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
I haven't been posting much lately. I hate reading about the money, the courts, the power struggles, the politics, and all the speculating. I love the racing and this stuff just makes me uneasy. Almost every thread that had been posted lately has evntually come around to talking about the same thing. By the end of the month (I hope) this will be resolved one way or another for the good or bad. Then, hopefully, we can get back to talking about our favorite drivers, races, and tracks. If it goes bad, well, I guess you might be seeing more of me on the ALMS and F1 boards... :confused:

It sure has been a long time since Surfers Paradise and Long Beach seems forever away.
Well Tailwind a couple of us tried to start a lighthearted, fun thread but the FP came after us and shut us down!! I know exactly how you feel...we just want all the BS to end and let us enjoy the racing that we love!! I am sick of reading the same posts, news and rumors about what's going to happen!!

Sue
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:27 (Ref:849894)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zero

Last edited by macdaddy; 25 Jan 2004 at 20:04.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 16:50 (Ref:850085)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Tolerance

Last edited by macdaddy; 25 Jan 2004 at 20:05.

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Jan 2004, 17:30 (Ref:850116)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In effect.
-Macdaddy

This board will return to normal next month when the court fights are over. We do have a lot of fun here during the racing season, honest!

Last edited by macdaddy; 25 Jan 2004 at 20:06.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 17:54 (Ref:850136)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
So this forum is for close-minded people only? All I suggest, is to keep an open mind, and that somehow bothers everyone here?

PS - It was Tex Antoine who said it live, while doing the weather forecast, on ABC Eyewitness News, NYC. He was immediately fired for saying it.

My guess is you'd like to see me gone also...

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Jan 2004, 18:37 (Ref:850166)   #17
SurfaceUnits
Racer

SurfaceUnits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is something old and something new for Champcar fans: Mario's First Champcar Ride

http://www.indybooks.net/DATA/cart-mid-ohio.wav

Last edited by SurfaceUnits; 25 Jan 2004 at 18:38.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 20:08 (Ref:850201)   #18
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
THANK-YOU, SurfaceUnits!

I'm working on a new vidbit to post, from the 1994 Detroit GP, which shows a few other vintage machines. Hopefully to be online tonight or tomorrow.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 06:02 (Ref:850628)   #19
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure thats the grease gun I had nicked from my garage in 1979 next to his left/front.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 09:14 (Ref:851977)   #20
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Why can't everyone just be friends?

Quote:
Originally posted by chris42
This is the first time I've posted on ten-tenths, although I've been lurking for a long time...

I love Champ Cars and IRL equally as different disciplines, and I really don't understand why there seems to be so much rivalary between the fans. Surely we all have the common interest of motor racing. Can't everyone just ignore the politics and the irritating personalities behind both organisations and just have a big group hug??? Or at least everyone get on with each other?
Life runs deeper than that Chris. Passion is involved, and that means you can't get on with everyone all of the time. It may not be popular to say it in the current climate of court cases and iron fists, but there it is.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 04:04 (Ref:854603)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that we have won the right to go our way and are willing to allow you to go yours, do you still want to be friends? Now the IRL people can go back to their forum and we can continue on ours, and people who enjoy both series will not find it necessary to tell each other that the other guy could best serve life by leaving it. Tolerance means leaving each other alone. I promise to tolerate the IRL. That is, to leave it alone.

Life is not all linking arms and singing Kumbaya. There are times to fight and things worth fighting for.

And there's nothing in the world better for racing than competition. Let the games begin!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 04:06 (Ref:854607)   #22
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why can't we be friends? Look at what TG did today. NOW it's personal!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 04:09 (Ref:854609)   #23
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Now that we have won the right to go our way and are willing to allow you to go yours, do you still want to be friends? Now the IRL people can go back to their forum and we can continue on ours, and people who enjoy both series will not find it necessary to tell each other that the other guy could best serve life by leaving it. Tolerance means leaving each other alone. I promise to tolerate the IRL. That is, to leave it alone.

Life is not all linking arms and singing Kumbaya. There are times to fight and things worth fighting for.

And there's nothing in the world better for racing than competition. Let the games begin!
Thankyou. You said exactly what I feel, right down to the Kumbaya reference.

Jan 28th 2004 is Champcar Independence Day, it's our series again, lets make it happen, and lets leave the others to do their own thing.
We're on seperate paths now.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 04:11 (Ref:854610)   #24
Liz
Veteran

But he DID admit that no matter how big his chequebook he "Didn't hare the right currency" and Robin Miller tried to explain to Dave The Pain that "it's NOT about money."

Today we saw what it's really about. It's about passion. TG clearly didn't have any. Our guys did: a passion to make something live instead of make it die.

And I say let's get on with it.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 06:31 (Ref:854687)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

And I say let's get on with it.
Right on.