Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2697806)   #1
RA-D
Rookie

RA-D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LM on the big screen in Bolton, UK

I was driving through Bolton, Lancashire earlier this year and noticed it was twinned with the city of Le Mans. "Lucky sods" thought I, "bet they won't even notice when the race is on".

Little did I know they're arranging an event around the 24 Hours this year which will show the race on screens in the town centre. Check out what's going on at http://www.boltonlemansmotorsport.com.

After deciding I'm doing Spa's 24 Hours again this year I need to make arrangements so thought I'd check this out. Is it of interest to anyone else not lucky enough to be going to the actual event?

Apologies if it's been brought up before, I couldn't find it if so.
Old 25 May 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2697810)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First time it's been mentioned on here, as far as I'm aware. Fantastic idea!
Old 25 May 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2697815)   #3
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen it mention on a forum somewhere, and, yes, I agree if you can't get to La Sarthe and happen to live up that way then there is no better way to spend the day!
Old 25 May 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2697827)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like a fun event, nice to see them using their "twin city" status in this way. Thanks for bringing it to attention, as I have also learned that Le Mans is also twinned with the city of Suzuka!
Old 25 May 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2697834)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bolton and Le Mans, what exactly have they got in common?
Old 25 May 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2697838)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Certainly not a palindrome like notloB.
Old 25 May 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2697948)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

Chevron Cars.
Old 25 May 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2698039)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a brilliant idea!! Good on you Bolton! As long as we don't have to watch any Bolton games on the big screens while we're at Le Mans.......
Old 25 May 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2698045)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
as we don't have to watch any Bolton games on the big screens while we're at Le Mans.......
Oi!
Old 25 May 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2698100)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's always one.......
Old 25 May 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2698268)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Le Mans has a wonderful old town which gives a good idea of what the area was like 300 years ago. In Bolton, they still live the way we did 300 years ago...
Old 26 May 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2698479)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Didn't Le Mans import Mad Friday from a Bolton car park 'cruise'???
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2705755)   #13
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
strange isnt it - i live in Bolton and havent seen anything about this until chancing upon it on this forum. I actually began to think it was a spoof website - nothing on local web sites etc until I found an article on todays Bolton News website
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/...olton/?ref=rss
problem is if no one knows then who will turn up?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2705950)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I guess if you stick it in the City Centre, passers by will find it?
Are they showing the WHOLE race???
Almost worth trekking up North. Can I rent a flat cap and whippet, or should I buy my own? I can borrow some clogs off the Father-in Law, as he's a Blackburn exile!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2705986)   #15
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be possible this year to watch live Le Mans coverage on the internet ?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2706023)   #16
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTH View Post
Will it be possible this year to watch live Le Mans coverage on the internet ?
Try Eurosport player.... http://video.eurosport.co.uk/eurospo...tner=yah_co.uk