Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2662707)   #76
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I anticipate being in my usual position - chair at the top of the banking, back to the fence at Indianapolis, sunhat pulled well down, bottle of water beneath my chair (to keep it in the shade) cameras at the ready, in company with all the rest of our party.

I can feel the heat already.....
Old 29 Mar 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2662731)   #77
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Excellent place to be!

I've been in Lagache a couple of times (migrated a few races back after many years in Leonard). You're almost dead centre along the pit lane, feels like you're very much in the thick of the action. Very easy to follow pitstops, you won't miss a thing that happens in the pitlane. A couple of things that may, or may not, be negatives - you're almost equidistant to the giant screens at each end of the pits straight, which means a good view of neither, and the noise reverberating off the tin roof can become wearing after a time (although decibel levels have reduced over the last few years, so perhaps no longer an issue).

Overall, I'd say it's a perfect choice for your Dad's first visit to Le Mans!
Many thanks for the info, really looking forward to it! Sounds like THE best placed stand on that side of the track, apart from the inability to see the large screens, not a problem when you can see the pits imho.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2662768)   #78
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I agree, go straight to the circuit when you arrive on Thursday, you'll regret it if you don't!

And mis Paris alltogether? His girl'll probably kill him for that....
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2662890)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
....cameras at the ready....

At the ready to take pictures of the members of your party, presumably mon ami? It's mighty difficult to take pictures of cars these days at Indianapolis!
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2662892)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
And mis Paris alltogether? His girl'll probably kill him for that....
Paris?

Paris?

Hmmm, that's in France too isn't it? Not quite as important as Le Mans though, yes?
Old 29 Mar 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2662946)   #81
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they'll have time for Paris when going back home ..

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Mar 2010, 05:00 (Ref:2663210)   #82
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
At the ready to take pictures of the members of your party, presumably mon ami? It's mighty difficult to take pictures of cars these days at Indianapolis!
You're absolutely right. Far too much fencing compared with when I first visited, but the camcorder doesn't "see" that when panning.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2663756)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, I shall have to remember that when I'm there then!
Old 25 May 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2698190)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My grandstand ticket came today!

Looks like I'm in the front row again - not far from where I was last year....

Anyone nearby in T34?

Esc 13
Rang A
Place 255
Old 26 May 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2698584)   #85
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
We are also in T34 ,but don't know the Places for the Moment . We will get our Tickets on Friday 4th in the Ticket Shop .
Old 26 May 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2698612)   #86
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My grandstand ticket came today!

Looks like I'm in the front row again - not far from where I was last year....

Anyone nearby in T34?

Esc 13
Rang A
Place 255
I am also on the front row of T34, will check my exact places out tonight ( tickets at home! )
Old 26 May 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2698662)   #87
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I am also on the front row of T34, will check my exact places out tonight ( tickets at home! )
We will be at esc. 10, Rang A place 195 & 196, three stairs away from you Ayse.
Old 26 May 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2698665)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent, we can exchange comments on our state of front row sunburn then......
Old 26 May 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2698668)   #89
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
And make comparisons of our sunblocks!
Old 26 May 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2698671)   #90
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Just saw on the beermountain map that we have just the same camping place at Houx as we had last year. Now just have to find out how long our cable must be as we are going to have electicity in our tent for the first time.
Old 26 May 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2698699)   #91
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year, I pretty much stuck to the village, the start/finish area and the surrounding corners. This year I'd like to explore the track a lot more. I'd really like to go Mulsanne corner and especially Arnage. There is meant to be a shuttle bus that goes to Arnage, is this is a good service? Is Arnage within a reasonable walking distance from the village (I'll walk happily for an hour or so)? Mulsanne corner could be harder, I guess I would need the shuttle bus then if there is one?

Input always appreciated!
Old 26 May 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2698733)   #92
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
It is possible to walk from the Village to Arnage corner, but it's 6km from the main gate by the museum to Arnage corner.
Just follow the road behind the grandstands (D139) south as far as the roundabout near the Porsche Curves, then take the first exit towards Arnage. After about 1km up that road the residential area ends and there's a road to your left (Route de Mulsanne) which leads to Arnage corner.
Walking to Mulsanne corner would mean an 11km walk in each direction.
There is a bus shuttle service from the main gates to Arnage and Mulsanne corners, but it has a very poor reputation.
Old 26 May 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2698734)   #93
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Last year, I pretty much stuck to the village, the start/finish area and the surrounding corners. This year I'd like to explore the track a lot more. I'd really like to go Mulsanne corner and especially Arnage. There is meant to be a shuttle bus that goes to Arnage, is this is a good service? Is Arnage within a reasonable walking distance from the village (I'll walk happily for an hour or so)? Mulsanne corner could be harder, I guess I would need the shuttle bus then if there is one?

Input always appreciated!
Why don't you hitch a ride with 'The Oldies' at some point. I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze you in on one of our Mulsanne/Arnage excursions, and Ayse and I would be delighted to give you 'The Grand Tour'. I've only heard bad things about that shuttle service (mainly people left queuing for hours and missing vast chunks of the race).

You'd be more than welcome!
Old 26 May 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2698739)   #94
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That would be most appreciated James, I'd love to come along!
Old 26 May 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2698758)   #95
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
I have learnt ( the hard way ) that you have to watch out for gendarmes and traffic signs around the track, we were stopped two years ago as the gendarme thought we did not stop long enough at a stop sign on a complete empty junction, where they diversed the traffic in only one way! Because we said we had no money with us we came of with a warning instead of probably a hefty fine.
Old 26 May 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2698808)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Why don't you hitch a ride with 'The Oldies' at some point. I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze you in on one of our Mulsanne/Arnage excursions, and Ayse and I would be delighted to give you 'The Grand Tour'. I've only heard bad things about that shuttle service (mainly people left queuing for hours and missing vast chunks of the race).

You'd be more than welcome!

Absolutely, we need some younger blood to keep us awake.....
Old 26 May 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2698871)   #97
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A couple of questions.......

Which car park is used for the Porsche Curves enclosure now?

How do I get to the new spectator bank on the interior of the Porsche Curves?

Cheers!
Old 27 May 2010, 06:24 (Ref:2699017)   #98
Le Vieux
Veteran

Perhaps I've been fortunate, but the only time I used the Shuttle Bus - about three years ago - it was fine. There was no queueing, it wasn't crowded (full, but no-one standing) and it ran at regular intervals. I have no complaints.
Old 27 May 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2699028)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A couple of questions.......

Which car park is used for the Porsche Curves enclosure now?

How do I get to the new spectator bank on the interior of the Porsche Curves?

Cheers!
I think you can catch a shuttle train/well thats what they call it, from the main enterance to the Beausjour campsite which is very close to the porsche curves, if not it is a reasonable walk but not much slower than trying to drive it during the race. You can walk from there to arnarge but it is a little bit further than it looks on the map.
Old 27 May 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2699085)   #100
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Arriving early afternoon on Wednesday. We're in T 20 for the start and finish and a base from time to time and have the car nearby in Blanc car park. Tertre Rouge at dawn on Sunday is an absolute must as are Grand Marnier crepes sometime during the night.
We'll try and make the 10/10ths meet on Saturday morning (but not going to miss the Group C's for anything!) as we'd like to put faces to some names on here!
We're in a hotel at St Saturnin - we're not snobs but never camped, no gear, wouldn't know where to start.....and probably too old to learn!
Back via Eurotunnel on Monday afternoon.