Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:56 (Ref:561654)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race weekend : Mark Webber

Get this guy a top car !

Definitely a brilliant weekend for Mark Webber. His crash in the end of the race doesn't diminish his overall performance.

On that flying lap he demolished all partial times and only lost that milliseconds because of the engine power.

Unfortunately Jaguar, even getting better, will not provide him what he deserves.

Keep the good work man.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:07 (Ref:561668)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He will continue to impress this year and I reckon he's a good chance of a podium this year. Possibly at Monaco.

I posted on a another thread that I believe the four hottest guys in F1 at the moment are Webber, Raikkonen, Fisichella and Alonso (in no particular order). These are the guys I would fight hardest to sign if I was a team boss.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:11 (Ref:561675)   #3
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber did very well. I was very impressed. He really has that Aussie Can do about him. "You want me to drive that thing in that weather and qualify faster than some very experienced guys. No Worries"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:12 (Ref:561676)   #4
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see Webber and Alonso up with the top two or three teams in the next three years unless Renault hangs onto Alonso and they improve
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:55 (Ref:561712)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...or Webber stays on with Jaguar and they improve, which they are apparently doing.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:48 (Ref:561752)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic drive by Webber, a sure star of the future. But the drive of the weekend was by a current star - Giancarlo Fisichella.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 16:06 (Ref:561781)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I give Webber, Alonso, and Fisichella a gold star for producing more with less than anyone else in the field yesterday.
Never forget #99
Old 7 Apr 2003, 16:28 (Ref:561821)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive by Webber! Drove quickly and intelligently. I hope he stays on at Jag and helps bring them to the sharp end of the grid.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:47 (Ref:562045)   #9
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The key will be this... Is Jaguar going to pay him next year? Because other teams probably would.
Never forget #99
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:52 (Ref:562053)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definiterly a great drive....

Though i still think Rubinho did better!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 21:06 (Ref:562161)   #11
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes he did a fine job. It was nice to see a race where we got to see how fast the drivers were rather than only the cars! Obviously Fisi did well too. Despite Webber's crash there is no way RB was better.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:14 (Ref:562225)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on, Webber drove superbly but he had two spins. One he saved brilliantly the other was a huge off!

Rubens kept it on the track and let the race come to him. Was just damn unlucky not to finish.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 23:02 (Ref:562252)   #13
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Williams see Ralf in an unfavourable light, why not give Webber a go?

Development skills are well-known if the Jaguar is used as an example.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 Apr 2003, 00:48 (Ref:562306)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the Benetton, which improved dramatically while he was testing for them.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 01:04 (Ref:562312)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It was an outstanding weekend for Webber, no doubt about it. His qualifying was faultless, and I was really impressed by him in the race. Gave Rubins the hurry up a few times (and passed him!) but did'nt do anything silly when being passed. He did'nt fight the battles he could'nt win, keeping his race strategy working for him.

I was hesitant when Webber came to F1, but every race my opinion of him gets higher and higher.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 01:31 (Ref:562327)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic race weekend by Webber. Sensational qualifying and drove intelligently during the race. His best race by far up to now. More points are certainly in the future.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 04:04 (Ref:562367)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's performance was outstanding & hopefully the points he scored will be added to in the next Grand Prix. As for Webber getting a drive in one of the top three teams,I certainly hope he gets a chance but you never know by the end of the year Jaguar could easily be an outright contender.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 04:17 (Ref:562373)   #18
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is great to have a good Australian racer like Webber are for sure,one day he will be a WDC with McLaren I hope
Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:52 (Ref:562573)   #19
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber is a WDC in the making for sure he drove a great race as per normal and a truly think he will see the podium more than once this year
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:01 (Ref:562590)   #20
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
He shows promise,but no point being the fastest on the track if you park it in the armco.To finish first,first you must finish.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:40 (Ref:562620)   #21
mac
Veteran

Armco, in 20 F1 races, he was made 2 race ending mistakes at Silverstone, and now Brazil.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 00:41 (Ref:563434)   #22
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not as if Webber make's mistakes every grand prix & as has been mentioned on other threads to defend Schumacher & JPM he wasn't the only driver to find the armco in that race, given the right equipment he will be a race winner.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 00:46 (Ref:563436)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read that he actually suffered a mechanical failure which pitched his car into the wall. I'm not too sure about that, but I'll try and find the article.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 01:33 (Ref:563447)   #24
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
Armco, in 20 F1 races, he was made 2 race ending mistakes at Silverstone, and now Brazil.
Yes, that all well and good, but I don't think that anyone is saying he's a bad or wreckless driver..... but the thread was about driver of the race (or race weekend if you prefer), not the previous 20. Ending the race in the armco puts you out of contention for that award.... same as all the others that ended up in the armco (or tyre barrier etc).

Giancarlo Fisichella was my driver of the race weekend and it doesn't matter if he came first or second. He got the Jordon into the lead, dodged the wreckage of Webber's Jag and held the lead to the end.

Last edited by alfasud; 9 Apr 2003 at 01:40.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 02:00 (Ref:563457)   #25
Food Processor
Rookie

Food Processor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi did a good job, but I wonder what would have happened if the race had gone another two laps. Was it going to catch fire anyway... ?

Webber starrrrrrred. Rubens was on his game, no doubt, but Schumi wasn't that far behind when he skated off the road. Webber was miles ahead of that nong Pizzonia in qualifying and the Brazilian threw it off the road while he was trying to keep Webber behind him in the race. A Jag challenging the Ferraris and McLarens for speed – and thumping the Williams pair? That's a pretty good recommendation for the driver, IMHO.

Webber was the star for mine. Bet his mobile number is writ large on Sir Frank's wall, and Ron's, and Todt's.