Old 18 Sep 2007, 19:55 (Ref:2017335)   #1
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the CART season end....?

How did it turn out...........?

Anyone else really hate these terrible CART scheduling gaps that HAPPEN EVERY STINKIN' YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that.

Mike
Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:02 (Ref:2017348)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It never used to be this way. Bring back the 20 race calendars!

Although the beauty of this break is it does give the crews a nice break before heading to Australia and Mexico to end the season. After having been in Europe. Time with the families and all that.

Boring stuff for us though.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2017361)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The CART season ended a few years back Mike.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:13 (Ref:2017364)   #4
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Oh yeah....

Well IMSA made a comeback................ LOL
Old 20 Sep 2007, 06:30 (Ref:2018483)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pure thruth..
Old 22 Sep 2007, 03:55 (Ref:2020227)   #6
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may be the place to ask it: Do any of our forum members down in Mexico know what in the world is going on with that race.....no tickets on sale, promoter rep quoted in a newspaper that they're only going to open five grandstands and handle around 50,000 on Race Day, no support races announced, the Autodromo's website doesn't even have the race scheduled and CC's website has no information listed on its schedule link on the race.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 14:41 (Ref:2021785)   #7
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the words 'champ car' and 'organised' don't go together i'm afraid

it's been very poor
Old 24 Sep 2007, 14:47 (Ref:2021791)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's amusing how off-topic these threads in the CC forum turn into bashing.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:30 (Ref:2022497)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well bashing seems to me a bit harsh actually, this time, luke.

this is just criticizing things that are under everyone's eyes.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2022517)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Great post Luke, good one.

So...uh...is it (Champcar) over? Who won?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2022627)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I believe that French guy, can't remember the name...will win the championship when he starts the race...I hate the point system!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:11 (Ref:2022646)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we actually getting another race?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2022657)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
You know the next race as ever is Surfers Paradise followed by Mexico City. You certainly know they aren't canceled!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2022716)   #14
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You know the next race as ever is Surfers Paradise followed by Mexico City. You certainly know they aren't canceled!
yet....
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:11 (Ref:2023339)   #15
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
well bashing seems to me a bit harsh actually, this time, luke.

this is just criticizing things that are under everyone's eyes.
just true words from me climb
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:36 (Ref:2023358)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
Right.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:06 (Ref:2023431)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The Surfers Paradise race is a V8Supercar series round... so the infrastructure is in place to run the ChampCar series, and the V8's in a few weeks time.

If the ChampCars dont show up... there will still be a race meeting going on.... and as per the slogan of a few years ago "Indy Time Party Time" for the whole Gold Coast precinct.

The rumours of ChampCar's death have been greatly exaggerated!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:47 (Ref:2023481)   #18
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Right.
you know you can rely on me for honest opinions and killer facts!

<thumbs up>
Old 26 Sep 2007, 14:59 (Ref:2023639)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The rumours of ChampCar's death have been greatly exaggerated!
Because they have to piggyback on other championships' events?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2023712)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I thought Surfers Paradise has always been a Champ Car event, the V8s were the support series. However since CART ended and the decline, and the populairty of the V8s it had become a big V8 event. I personally don't know as I don't go to the race however I understand team australia and will power are popular and there is a following at the event.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:29 (Ref:2023849)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Surfers Paradise cannot fail and for that we should be grateful.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:39 (Ref:2023860)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They have to get this calendar sorted out. These long breaks do nothing to help maintain interest in the series. They should have races every fortnight at least, if not every week if it is feasable...
Old 28 Sep 2007, 03:32 (Ref:2024841)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought Surfers Paradise has always been a Champ Car event, the V8s were the support series. However since CART ended and the decline, and the populairty of the V8s it had become a big V8 event. I personally don't know as I don't go to the race however I understand team australia and will power are popular and there is a following at the event.
The V8's are the headline act.... when they are out.. the crowd is out.. when the open wheelers are out... well the interest isnt quite the same

Maybe its different this year, with Will Power being successful, and Mr Gore's WPS/WOW/Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards headquartered within a stone's throw of the circuit proper
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Sep 2007, 06:32 (Ref:2024890)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
I fear my words have been misunderstood; I'm on your side stradlin21, and said that the word "bashing" was inappropriate, cos it wasn't about nothing else than honest criticism.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2024894)   #25
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
i have been a big champ car/ CART fan for years, back when I was in the UK, way before Mansell....

...this year, well I've just given up watching. The racing has largely been boring, calendar breaks, poor reliability early on cost drivers and some of the driving has been down right amateur, FFord level (thats a bit hard on FFord). Since I moved to Canada, I hadn't missed a race until this year.

Bourdais has continued to impress, but really, how good is the competition? Wilson, I rate, but maybe I'm biased being a Brit.