Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:55 (Ref:2027964)   #1
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CDW & RuSport

This quote comes from another forum, from a poster who e-mailed CDW about their rumored split with RuSport.

Quote:
Phil:

I direct our racing sponsorship so your recent e-mail was forwarded to me.

We appreciate that you have directed your company’s IT purchasing to CDW—we are grateful for your business.

Our decision to not sponsor RuSPORT next year was a difficult one for us, but changes at the team made it a logical decision for us. As for remaining in Champ Car, we are evaluating a range of sponsorship opportunities and will decide shortly what is the right option for us. We have enjoyed tremendously our relationship with Justin Wilson, and hope that we can continue that into the future.

It’s my hope that regardless what decision we make regarding our racing sponsorship that you will continue to let us serve your company’s IT needs.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Delahorne

Senior Manager, National Advertising

CDW

The Right Technology, Right Away

Phone: xxx-xxx-0218
So CDW goes where Justin goes it seems. Haas? Minardi? IRL, ALMS?
Old 2 Oct 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2028777)   #2
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Key words there are: "and hope that we can continue that into the future."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Series so much as it is a nice thing to say about Justin. Wonder how this is going to pan out.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 12:06 (Ref:2028852)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Jimmy suggests, evaluating the range of opportunites, one has to assume that NHL has made an offer. In (my) perfect world Wilson, CDW and Justins old team owner Stoddart at Minardi would be awesome.

Lets just hope CDW sticks around in ChampCar.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 12:57 (Ref:2028895)   #4
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Justin will leave champ cars. Not to put Justin down, but i feel he is the strongest all round driver now Bourdais has gone. With a well financed team, i feel he will be champion.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 3 Oct 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2029719)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I have followed Justin since F1 and like him as a driver. Sadly, his opportunity is like that of Bourdais: to be a big fish in a very small pond. It is a shame as he is talented and I would like to see him come out best over other talent instead of the driver du jour...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 11:17 (Ref:2029766)   #6
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be interesting to watch where Justin -- and CDW go -- and if RuSport stays afloat.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2029810)   #7
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the seat just vacated by Dario Franchitti?
Old 3 Oct 2007, 14:36 (Ref:2029927)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah, sounds like Vitor Miera has that one.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Oct 2007, 15:02 (Ref:2029938)   #9
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One name I hear a lot for the AGR seat is Tomas Scheckter. Doesn't look like it'll be Tagliani.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSp...45752-sun.html
Old 3 Oct 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2029974)   #10
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Nah, sounds like Vitor Miera has that one.
Isn't that just for the Petit Le Mans this weekend, rather than Indycar?
Old 4 Oct 2007, 01:43 (Ref:2030411)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When in Australia Wilson told reporters he had a long term deal signed with Rusport. Now this could have been gamesmanship or could change if Rusport doesnt continue, but I guess time will tell.

We just hope and pray ChampCar can hang on to Wilson and CDW
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:43 (Ref:2030676)   #12
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know, RuSport may just turn up in ALMS next year (I base that on nothing more than the thought that popped in my head when reading DRT's post) but stranger things have happened...

As for Meira - I wouldn't be surprised if he did pop up in an AGR car in the ALMS or IRL - or even a seat in CCWS... (again basing that on nothing other than the pitiful amount that Delphi sponsor Panther and the talent that Meira really has)
Old 16 Oct 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2042268)   #13
indycool
Veteran

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-indy.html
Old 16 Oct 2007, 23:14 (Ref:2042285)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they are definitely closing, maybe.
Too bad.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 17 Oct 2007, 01:54 (Ref:2042325)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

Conflicting themes coming from the same article.

With Pettit still in at PKV, one wonders if it would be easier ( and more efficient) just to add a 3rd car to PKV
Old 17 Oct 2007, 02:06 (Ref:2042331)   #16
indycool
Veteran

I suppose PKV could do that. But PKV wasn't going to add a car for Servia when the Mexican contract caused his removal for the last two races. Then Gommendy's check didn't show, so Servia is in a car. $$$$$$ are a concern there and Petit doesn't act like he's got any more he wants to bring.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 02:40 (Ref:2042341)   #17
D.R.T.
Veteran

Has such a Mexican contract been proven, Indycool ? Or is this your insight once again.

I was more suggesting a 3rd PKV car instead of a one car Rusport team for 2008 if this is the way it goes.

One roof, more efficient use of resources etc.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 03:15 (Ref:2042347)   #18
indycool
Veteran

Some reports (like Robin Miller) have it one Mexican driver in Mexico, others have it two. In Dominguez' case, he MIGHT'VE brought money when Gommendy ran out.

I agree with your principle on three cars under one roof. Petit is still presumably a co-owner of that team while he's canning the other team after he sorta merged, then convincingly split, with Rocketsports. Doesn't sound to me like he's having much fun doing this.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 09:38 (Ref:2042479)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Some reports (like Robin Miller) have it one Mexican driver in Mexico, others have it two.
But no confirmation ?
Old 17 Oct 2007, 10:59 (Ref:2042545)   #20
indycool
Veteran

Nope, not in the way of a billboard leading into your hometown or something similar. But connect a few dots. Forsythe is almost, if not all the way out, of the Mexico City promotion area. There was no Mexican TV from the start of this year to build up the show although someone from down there posted in July that they thought something was finally happening. Until Martinez and Dominguez were announced, tickets were not on sale. Gigante and Herdez and Fernandez and Jourdain Jr., etc., have gone away, Mexican representation in the series dwindling to almost nothing.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2042554)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Nope, not in the way of a billboard leading into your hometown or something similar. But connect a few dots.
Oooh, but see many around the open wheel forums dont like connecting dots, regardless of the length of line needed.

David Phillips wrote an interesting piece of the Dominguez move to PCM, maybe you want to include that in your dot connection
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:13 (Ref:2042559)   #22
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RuSport Are No more, leaving Wilson seat-less in 2008. I'm sure he will find somewhere though

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:17 (Ref:2042562)   #23
indycool
Veteran

Yes, I read Phillips' piece that said some sponsorship may be going to PCM via Dominguez for next year. Time will tell.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 12:20 (Ref:2042614)   #24
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
bad news for Champ Car though that they are losing a car for next season

that 4th AGR seat might be looking tasty for JW
Old 17 Oct 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2042688)   #25
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For JW it depends on where CDW would like to go. They seem lined up with him 100% so I can imagine either AGR or NHL.