Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Sep 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1089359)   #1
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rallycross super series

so i see this super series web site is up and running now so what do people think then . good or bad !!! all i can say is tuff if you got an old car , still a major leep for the clubman , no hint of fees oh i forgot lookslike its only for the selected few quote quality not quantity. . .
i think i shall sit back and see, there look like a whole lot of promise . fair play if it susceeds would love too see rallycross on testerial tv again ,
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1089363)   #2
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for those who do not know check out

www.rallycrossSuperSeries.com
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1089382)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a great idea, however events in mondello are extreamly limited as to rallycross, i know we budgeted 20,000 euro per event for running, and we wernt making anything out of it, infact if we ran the event with 75 cars at 160 euro per entry, and got 400 spectators at 15 euro a head it would mean that we would be 13,000 in debt over 5 rounds if we could get mondello for the aprill to august timeline.

Mondello refuse to run rallycross events during this time, one has to remember that Championship Permit has to be baught which over here is 3,000 euro.

None the less if they can pull it off its definatly a step forward for rallycross!!

Last edited by Cryos; 7 Sep 2004 at 20:39.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 7 Sep 2004, 23:20 (Ref:1089493)   #4
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the superseries is the perfect oppertunity to promote rallycross for the future we can make this as big if not bigger that touring cars we all just need to work together. Lets hope the promoters get this one right, lets dream of the day when we can get paid to drive rallycross............sounds good to me
Old 8 Sep 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1089670)   #5
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of questions?

Has the championchip be sancuntioned by the MSA yet ?

Will any UK/Irish competitors be able to afford Div1a and Div2 cars for the first year or two of rounds [ie will it only be current euro competitors in these classes] ?

Will the BRDA now wake up to the Fact that the super series is a major treat to there organisation and its future exsistance ?

Is rallycross promoters ltd a group who want to see a better future for rallycross or a couple of business men who see the potential profit in a series like this [Dave Richards/Bernie] ?
Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:18 (Ref:1089813)   #6
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well there ticket package for the gp semms to set that out, buy a gold package for 75 quid to get priorty parking and the opportunity to meet the drivers. i seem to think thats a rip off. Ive never struggled to get out of croft. and in the brda sanctioned events all the drivers are accesible in the paddock.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1089816)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@rm

As a example i think eugene cahills puma might be running some form of euro regs, ill have a div 2 compliant car by early mid next year. I dont think grids would be a problem.

As for sanction i think you just pay your money and get your championship permit. But im sure thats all well sorted

Regards BRDA What future existance

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1089836)   #8
bigted
Veteran

As i read it spaceframe cars not allowed in any class, or am i miss reading it?
Old 8 Sep 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1089852)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by bigted
As i read it spaceframe cars not allowed in any class, or am i miss reading it?
I read it as being current supermodifieds would be eligible but spaceframe supercars wouldn't.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1089878)   #10
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rxie
@rm

As a example i think eugene cahills puma might be running some form of euro regs, ill have a div 2 compliant car by early mid next year. I dont think grids would be a problem.
It's not running any form of Euro Reg's, it's a Supernational ie: A Supermodified.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1089937)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
@Matti

Notice how i said MIGHT and where do you get this info ?

Old 8 Sep 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1089957)   #12
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Rixe either a car is euro reg compliant or it's not. As far as I know Mr Cathills Puma will be running a 2 litre on throttle bodies thus it will not qualify for any euro regs. Thus would have to be a super national.

As for your div 2 car where did the 190bhp Nova,Polo tdi and 106 maxi disappear to. You seem to have more projects on the Boil than the National Road Authority and just as much chance of having them finished on time!!
Old 8 Sep 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1089960)   #13
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Bert I think your right the space frame rule only applies to supercars.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1089973)   #14
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rxie
@Matti

Notice how i said MIGHT and where do you get this info ?
There's no mights about it, the car is a full blown Super Modified as RM pointed out.

Secondly, off course the BRDA has a future existance.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1090002)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
BRDA has a future and hopefully so does the BTRDA series. Super Series is only running a very limited calendar (6 events) so everybody is going to need somewhere else to play too.

Does anybody know which circuits are going to be used? I assume Croft, Mondello, Knockhill and Brands for starters but where else? Judging by the waffle on the website they're not keen on visiting the smaller venues. Super Series has to come to Lydden - it's the best circuit around.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1090018)   #16
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
Super Series has to come to Lydden - it's the best circuit around.
Completely agree - it's a natural choice both for spectators and film crews - all the action in one large amphitheatre.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:41 (Ref:1090045)   #17
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
BertMk2 dont forget circuits have to be split up between RSS and BRDA, you could apply for 15 rounds but you may only be granted 6 which is what happened this year in the irish championship.

Old 8 Sep 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1090069)   #18
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnomex
Completely agree - it's a natural choice both for spectators and film crews - all the action in one large amphitheatre.
Blimey Gnomex - did you get a dictionary for your birthday?

Gnomex wins the award for this weeks big word. Normally he would have just said "bowl".

Old 8 Sep 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1090118)   #19
bigted
Veteran

As i heard it, lydenn will be a no go for the RXSS
Old 9 Sep 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1090589)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
That's what I suspected just going to to bigger circuits then. So no Lydden, no Blyton I guess no Angelsey and no Pembrey either. 6 rounds and 4 circuits? (Croft, Brands, Mondello, Knockhill) That's not too good is it?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:00 (Ref:1090778)   #21
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lydenn wont be used no. Lydden on the other hand just need to sort a few things out then its a possibilty.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1090811)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrie
Lydden on the other hand just need to sort a few things out....
What needs sorting out? The bigger circuits all have pit garages available but realistically they'll never appear at Lydden (no pitlane for a start ). Other than that what does Lydden lack?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1090848)   #23
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hog
Blimey Gnomex - did you get a dictionary for your birthday?

Gnomex wins the award for this weeks big word. Normally he would have just said "bowl".

And "bowls" to you too!!
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1090876)   #24
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
That's what I suspected just going to to bigger circuits then. So no Lydden, no Blyton I guess no Angelsey and no Pembrey either. 6 rounds and 4 circuits? (Croft, Brands, Mondello, Knockhill) That's not too good is it?
BertMk2 all ill say is enjoy what your getting, the 6 round irish championship is ONLY! at mondello!!!!

So dont complain on the lack of venues, it only means you have to repete two tracks twice! rather than 5 times!

Old 9 Sep 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1090889)   #25
bigted
Veteran

So are those the four confirmed circuits?