Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 May 2020, 00:58 (Ref:3975818)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sport! Sport in May!

https://speedsport.com/nascar/nascar...ar-broadcasts/

Sunday 5/16 Darlington 400
Tuesday 5/19 Xfinity at Darlington
Wednesday 5/20 Darlington 300
Sunday 5/23 Charlotte the 600
and then some more...

There is going to be racing people!

Not only on a Sunday will I drink some beer, but I can drink some beer and watch sport on telly!
Old 13 May 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3975966)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Not only on a Sunday will I drink some beer, but I can drink some beer and watch sport on telly!
It'll be nice to have something to go with the beer for a change
Old 14 May 2020, 01:11 (Ref:3975996)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Other than another beer.
Old 14 May 2020, 02:22 (Ref:3976002)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No practice no qualifying, but there will a grid. He starting order is defined by the results of an online pub quiz, or something.
https://www.autosport.com/nascar/new...ans-for-return

Pit stops will allow you extra time to thank all your sponsors without losing a place.
Old 14 May 2020, 03:05 (Ref:3976006)   #5
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really hoping they would ditch the segment racing and use Covid as an excuse. But I think part of their allowance to race was changes to slow pit stops, keep team members at a safe distance during the race (not sure how that works outside of the race) and meet required ideas of the state board of health.

I'd be more interested in full tank sprint races with grid reversal or other insanity between them. The draw starting grid and extended pit stops just feel weird. Just run 3 heats instead.
Old 14 May 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3976218)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://speedsport.com/nascar/nascar...ar-broadcasts/

Sunday 5/16 Darlington 400
Tuesday 5/19 Xfinity at Darlington
Wednesday 5/20 Darlington 300
Sunday 5/23 Charlotte the 600
and then some more...

There is going to be racing people!

Darlington is one of the few tracks I'm still interested in watching racing so I'll be in front of the TV on Sunday for a bit. Looks like MRN has this one, so maybe a cigar, beer and the old FM on the deck, if it's nice. And if you haven't, try to check them (MRN) out (I know the IMSA experiment was a shatshow, but they cover NASCAR better than anyone covers their sport). If you're fancy, you could potential sync it up with a stream.

And props to broadrun. He called NASCAR being the first back early on. You a win a cookie. Talk to the wife for me and tell her I said bake you your fav cookie.
Old 14 May 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3976275)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I shall give MRN a go
Old 15 May 2020, 02:34 (Ref:3976294)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was too easy, they don't have to travel far, can make the races day trips and well the SE was always going to be leading the way in letting people do whatever. It's just the natural policy of southern states.
Old 15 May 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3976408)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michael Avin Arrested After Threatening to Bomb NASCAR's Darlington Raceway

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ington-raceway

Stupidity has no bounds...
Old 15 May 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3976513)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Who is he? What’s his beef?
Old 16 May 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3976625)   #11
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be tuning in for NASCAR on Sunday. Finally some live motorsport
Old 16 May 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3976654)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This morning on Fox, before the first Bundasliga match back that my son insisted on watching was the 96 Truck series race at Bristol (stumbled into finding the footie game). I forgot how great Bristol was and it made me look forward to tomorrow even more! I'm sure I'll get mad at Kyle and Joey before it's all over and remind myself of why I don't....

Quote:
Who is he? What’s his beef?
Don't know. Doesn't seem to be a whole else out there about it.
Old 16 May 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3976655)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I need to go to Bristol. Looks ace.
Old 17 May 2020, 02:45 (Ref:3976687)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Starting line up: https://www.mrn.com/2020/05/14/the-r...ngton-raceway/

Keselowski Starts at the front. Apparently we could have watched him get pole on TV live on FS1!
Old 17 May 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3976715)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a one month free trial of Premier Sports in the UK if you want your racing fix for a while.

Promo code: NASCAR2020
Old 17 May 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3976742)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good spot
Old 17 May 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3976759)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That's a way to grab the audience numbers, but great old school planning. It's the only live sport, give it to them for free and hopefully they will stick around for more
Old 17 May 2020, 15:44 (Ref:3976769)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That's a way to grab the audience numbers, but great old school planning. It's the only live sport, give it to them for free and hopefully they will stick around for more
As long as the product isn't crap. Watch for phantom cautions and WWE moves but Darlington itself is still a track where you have to drive. "Race the track" for 350 miles, then race each other for the last 50.

I actually can't wait now. We got some steaks that will go on the grill probably about half way home. A few projects today that shouldn't take too long. Fridge freshly stocked with beer...the weather should not be factor.

Let's get it on!!
Old 17 May 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3976782)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Fox visuals MRN audio.
Old 17 May 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3976783)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Fox visuals MRN audio.
Yessir! MRN pre game and then I dive inside for the start! I may try to match up at some point.
Old 17 May 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3976784)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Looks like MRN has this one, so maybe a cigar, beer and the old FM on the deck, if it's nice.
Its warm today. Deck is shaded and feels okay but the neighbor is running wood through a planer 30 yards from me. Not quite as pleasant as I hoped. I wish i had reasons to plane some wood....
Old 17 May 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3976786)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
My outdoor work had been suspended so no saw running here. Foot up and ice with now 4 purple toes so shed will look like this and the neighbors can rest their ears
Old 17 May 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3976787)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
So we are all set.

Madness - no practice.
Old 17 May 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3976788)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
My outdoor work had been suspended so no saw running here. Foot up and ice with now 4 purple toes so shed will look like this and the neighbors can rest their ears
Ooooh. Elephant feet!!

I remember when Darlington had 2 pit roads. Front and back.

This is gonna be fun!!
Old 17 May 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3976789)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And one is done, sorry Ricky. And all his fault there it looked