Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2000, 18:03 (Ref:21169)   #1
JAM
Rookie

JAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there,

This is my first input on this forum, so first a big hello F1 fans!

As a person who loves and is involve in F1, I am very happy to see the trend shown in the recent racing performance.

Obviously, Ferrari and McLaren are still the top teams, but, the mid field teams are starting to show performance and what an outstanding competition there is among the Williams, Benetton, Jaguar, BAR (JV) and Jordan (and why not Arrows!).

Also, I notice the aggresive approach that most drivers are taking in regards to the racing lines to follow in the race track. You can see in France, where drivers were looking for new lines even at the expense of risky moves, just brilliant.

I believe that the performance of DC in France was just superb (even the finger). I think that DC forced MS to overdrive his engine which could not resist the secong round of pressure from Mika. In other words, MS might have today a very sore neck from looking at his mirrors during the race.

The F1 of the new millenium will clearly give great satisfaction to all of us racing lovers.

Dream wish: Could you imagine MS, DC and JV running wheel to wheel in the straight of the Indianapolis race track, fighting for overtaking advantage in the first turn? I can't wait.

Old 4 Jul 2000, 00:05 (Ref:21262)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait either.
Welcome to 10 tenths, JAM.
I did enjoy the French Grand Prix as much as you did.
I'm getting sick and tired of those boring processions we sometimes have to watch.
A bit of aggression will do just fine.
Anyway, have fun around here.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 00:13 (Ref:21268)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JAM, I second Gerard's comments and extend my own welcome.

Don't forget to check out some of the other Forums too. (F1's still the best)
Old 4 Jul 2000, 00:51 (Ref:21287)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hiho Jam!

I still think the race just lacked SOMETHING, as with most of them this season. All in all it's been a bit dull in 2000.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 02:16 (Ref:21311)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
M-fan, its always dull. That's what makes it so exciting
Old 4 Jul 2000, 14:33 (Ref:21371)   #6
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Jam.

While there's much to criticize about the current state of F1, its good to hear some good old fashioned enthusiasm. One race doesnt make a series, but with the WDC and Constructors race getting tighter, the remainder of the season has the potential to be a good one.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 23:15 (Ref:21516)   #7
JAM
Rookie

JAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Neil, I am glad you notice my old good fashion enthusiam for the Sport. There is definetely lots of things to improve in F1 but, with the label of technology and cost involve, changes are not always easy to implement.

I believe that 3 current factors will lead F1 to the next label:

1. Auto Manufacturers involvement will even out the field, Honda, BMW, Renault, Jaguar (Ford), and Toyota are not coming to F1 to be second to none (these will allow great drivers to show their best).
2. Michelin return to competition will have a greater than expected impact on the grip of the cars (hopefully less aerodynamic handicap compensated by mechanical grip = more overtaking)
3. Digital TV and internet: You all notice the increase involvement of .com companies (replacing tobacco?)and the impact that is having on the exposure of F1 in the internet. We have not seen nothing yet.

I might be a bit too optimistic; but, I am also aware that F1 is changing and I believe for better.

Cheers
JAM