Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 2002, 23:45 (Ref:222075)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Announcing the Ten Tenths 2002 Predictions Compettion!

The 2002 Ten Tenths Prediction Competition is open and running.

I want to thank "R", our good friend and long time contributing member from Norway for offering his time to compile all of our scores. Many people have asked about whether we would be running this competition this season, but it was "R" who stepped forward to ask if he could help. For that, Bononi and I are very grateful.

Onto the rules, which shall be a little bit different this season.

Sometime after 12:01 GMT on the Monday before the race but before Noon that same day, R will post the topic opening the compettion for that week's race. Entries can be made until 5:00 PM, (17:00)(Local Time of the Poster, as it was last season) on the Friday of the race weekend.

The competition is to choose the top six finishers in Sunday's Grand Prix, and new this year, the winner of the Pole Postion in Saturday's Qualifying.

2 Points will be awarded for for each driver in the correctly predicted place and 1 point shall be awarded for a chosen driver in the top six in a position other than that predicted.

1 Point shall be awarded for Pole.

No points shall be awarded for fastest lap, best livery or hottest Pit Babes.

Drivers are to be listed by their correct surmames, except for the Brothers Schumacher who shall have a first initial or name before their last name. No abreviations, nicknames or opportunities to show your clever turns-of-phrase will be accepted as entries. (No, "TGF", is not his REAL name)

After Posting your entry, you have one opportunity to revise your choices, Please make it clear in any additional post on the thread that you are revising your choices.

The final rule, which shall be known heretofore as the "Valve Bounce Caveat", thanks to his kind reminder is that "...the predictions of the year end comp was separate, and the points for end of year predictions were added to the race predictions total in the second comp" Meaning that our Tie Breaker will be the Prediction of the Final standings.

Anyone who is a member of Ten Tenths can enter, and at any point duing the season. However, delaying your entry until Suzuka will reduce your chances of winning the Competition.

In your first entry, please post not only predicted results for the Australian GP, places 1-6, but a choice for Pole Position and predictions for the top six positions in the final standings in the WDC. This will be used as tie breaker.

The prize for winning is Glory and the knowledge that you are smarter than the rest of us. I will work on some sort of material prize, but I cannot confirm anything at this time.

Again, I want to thank R for taking on this responsibility. Everyone have fun.

Below are examples of two entries, the first would be disqualified:

1) That Brazilian Fellow
2) That Brazilian Fellow's Brother
3) Lole
4) JYS
5) God
6) Mike the Bike

the second is a goer:

1) EFittipaldi
2) Wilson Fittipaldi
3) Reutemann
4) Stewart
5) Senna
6) Hailood
Old 25 Feb 2002, 01:17 (Ref:222097)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
May I suggest in all seriousness at this early stage, for the entry of all drivers as follows, just to make things easier for R:
The first 4 letters of a drivers surname be used such as coul for DC, irvi for irvine, webb for Mark Webber, salo for Mika salo, and so on with the exception of the two schumacher brothers who should be named msch and rsch. This would make life much more simple for whoever is enterring the names on a spreadsheet and the calcs to be made by computer for the points scored.
And if for any reason, EERO or R has other ideas about this, then please just delete this post so as to avoid any confusion in the future.
And finally, I would like to thank R for volunteering his services for this monumental task. Many thanks, Buddy.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 01:33 (Ref:222104)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bouncey, It sounds like a good idea, but Bononi has an App he's worked out to score this, so we'll need him to check in. We can leave the post for now...
Old 25 Feb 2002, 01:39 (Ref:222108)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
and just to help some of our posters who cannot spell the names of all the drivers, you could post at the top of the "hot topic" each week the correct names and abbreviations for all the drivers.
I suggest this simply because when we have names which have to be converted to spreadsheet entries, it is one heck of a job.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 07:00 (Ref:222161)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Announcing the Ten Tenths 2002 Predictions Compettion!

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
No points shall be awarded for fastest lap, best livery or hottest Pit Babes.
C'mon EERO! Agreed with the livery, but the bab...ermmmmm fastest lap!?!?!?!?!?
Old 25 Feb 2002, 13:00 (Ref:222276)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's no problem for placing the way Bounce proposed, since it doesn't bring confusion for R to understand it.
We must remember to keep things easy, the names or initials should be used for all entries and if possible by everyone.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 14:17 (Ref:222313)   #7
hotnuts21
Rookie

hotnuts21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO,
Email me direct, I should be able to help out with some real prizes at the end of the season.
P
Old 25 Feb 2002, 16:01 (Ref:222358)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll enter first then with this:

Pole:
J P Montoya

Race Top 6:
1. M Schumacher
2. J P Montoya
3. D Coulthard
4. R Schumacher
5. K Rakkenen
6. R Barrichello

WDC Top 6:

1. M Schumacher
2. J P Montoya
3. D Coulthard
4. R Schumacher
5. K Rakkenen
6. N Heidfeld

Well, thats the kiss of death for those six then!!
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:10 (Ref:222388)   #9
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I'll enter first then with this
I thought we were supposed to wait until R posts the official thread...

But just in case I'm wrong:

My top 6 for this season:[list=1][*]Michael Schumacher[*]Coulthard[*]Barrichello[*]Raikkonen[*]Ralf Schumacher[*]Montoya[/list=1]

My predictions for Australia:
Pole position: Michael Schumacher[list=1][*]Michael Schumacher[*]Coulthard[*]Barrichello[*]Raikkonen[*]Ralf Schumacher[*]Montoya[/list=1]Don K.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:11 (Ref:222390)   #10
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole:

J P Montoya

Race Top 6:

1. J P Montoya
2. M Schumacher
3. K Raikkonen
4. N Heidfeld
5. G Fisichella
6. J Trulli

WDC Top 6:

1. M Schumacher
2. J P Montoya
3. D Coulthard
4. R Schumacher
5. R Barrichello
6. K Raikkonen

Last edited by Mark F1; 25 Feb 2002 at 17:14.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 18:49 (Ref:222459)   #11
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole: D Coulthard

Australia:

1: D Coulthard
2: M Schumacher
3: J P Montoya
4: J Button
5: K Raikkonnen
6: R schumacher

End of Year

3: R Schumacher
4: J P Montoya
5: R Barrichello
6: K Raikkonnen

x
C
Old 25 Feb 2002, 19:07 (Ref:222468)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn...

Shouldn't we wait until R gives the green flag ???????
Old 25 Feb 2002, 19:27 (Ref:222484)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the comp open or not?
Old 25 Feb 2002, 19:57 (Ref:222501)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Announcing the Ten Tenths 2002 Predictions Compettion!

Yes it is open... post away!

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
In your first entry, please post not only predicted results for the Australian GP, places 1-6, but a choice for Pole Position and predictions for the top six positions in the final standings in the WDC.
This thread will do nicely for both... you may post all predictions for the Australian GP as well as the end of year predictions in this thread. But please indicate what's what in your post - just as clearly as those who have already posted their predictions have.

I will have to go against Valve Bounce's suggestion though. I would rather people posted the entire surnames than just the first four letters, as this reduces the risks of any misunderstandings which may happen if the names aren't spelled correctly. As an example, if you look at one of the predictions above, it's much easier for me to understand that "K Rakkenen" means Kimi Raikkonen, than it would be if it just said "Rakk". Incorrect spelling will of course be accepted as long as I'm able to understand who you're talking about.

And - please note that if you just post initials, all predictions for "MS" will be interpreted as Mika Salo. Seriously, if you post "MS" you will not score any points, as there are two drivers with those initials. Like Eero said, stay away from the abbreviations, and post proper surnames. Keep it as understandable as possible, and things will run smoothly.

Welcome one and all to join the competition btw! I'm looking forward to running it, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any suggestions, comments or complaints. Gerard did a great job running the competition in the past, and he is much missed, but hopefully this year's competition will be just as much fun as it was before!

One more thing, I saw on another thread a user airing worries over the possibility that he might miss out on posting his predictions in time, should the technical difficulties we have been experiencing lately return at a bad moment. Therefore, if you at any moment should find yourself unable to post your predictions on time in the forum because of technical difficulties, you are welcome to email them to me at runakar@online.no. If I receive your predictions before the deadline, they will be accepted. (Note: This applies, as I said, only if you are unable to post your predictions on time in the forum due to technical difficulties!)

I think that's it, for now. All that remains is to wish everyone good luck with their predictions, and hopefully this competition can add to your enjoyment of the 2002 F1 season!
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:06 (Ref:222503)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole: D Coulthard

Australia:

2: K Raikkonen
3: M Schmacher
4: J Button
5: N Heidfeld
6: J Trulli

End of Year

3: R Schumacher
4: K Raikkonen
5: J Montoya
6: R Barrichello
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:11 (Ref:222506)   #16
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
R, well done for volenteering, you're a gent

Predictions

Pole - M. Schumacher

Race

1. M. Schumacher
2. Coulthard
3. Barichello
4. R. Schumacher
5. Button
6. Irvine

Championship

1. M. Schumacher
2. Couthard
3. Montoya
4. Barichello
5. R. Schumacher
6. Trulli
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:13 (Ref:222509)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Three cheers for R for continuing the predictions competition! Hip hip...okay, I'm bored already.

Anyway, my predictions:

Pole: Michael Sch...Schu...ma...Schumacher (I haven't used his real name on 10 Tenths since I first joined in July 2000!)

Race:
1. Michael Sch...Schum...that guy who I said would be on pole
2. Barrichello
3. Ralf
4. Raikkonen
5. Heidfeld
6. Fisichella

WDC final standings:
1. Michael Schum..Schuma...you know who I mean!
2. Coulthard
3. Ralf
4. Montoya
5. Barrichello
6. Raikkonen
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:31 (Ref:222523)   #18
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
01 Schumacher M
02 Barrichello
03 Coulthard
04 Raikkonen
05 Ralf Schumacher
06 Montoya
07 Heidfeld
08 Massa
09 Villeneuve
10 Panis
11 Fisichella
12 Sato T
13 Trulli
14 Button
15 Irvine
16 De la rosa
17 Bernoldi
18 Frentzen
19 Yoong
20 Webber
21 Salo
22 Mcnish
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:35 (Ref:222528)   #19
facco
Racer

now my predictions...
06 Montoya POLE

06 Montoya
03 Coulthard
01 Schumacher M
04 Raikkonen
05 Ralf Schumacher
07 Heidfeld

WDC

01 M Schumacher
06 Montoya
03 Coulthard
05 Ralf Schumacher
04 Raikkonen
02 Barrichello
Old 25 Feb 2002, 20:48 (Ref:222542)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers R!!

Anyway

Pole: M Schumacher (This ones gonna get tiring, typing all those leeters in that name!!!)

Australian GP Top 6:

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Rubens Barrichello
3. Montoya
4. Heidfeld
5. Raikkonen
6. Button

WDC:

1. Michael Scumacher
2. Juan Montoya
3. Barrichello
4. Coulthard
5. Ralf Schumacher
6. Raikkonen
Old 25 Feb 2002, 21:08 (Ref:222560)   #21
facco
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Cheers R!!

Anyway
(This ones gonna get tiring, typing all those leeters in that name!!!)

I tried to help, posting a list of the drivers to copy/paste it.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 21:56 (Ref:222592)   #22
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OZ race

Pole- Monty

1. M.Schumacher
2. Montoya
3. Coulthard
4. Trulli
5. Heidfeld
6. Barrichello

WDC top 6

1. Montoya
2. M Schumacher
3. Coulthard
4. Barrichello
5. Raikkonen
6. R Schumacher
Old 25 Feb 2002, 22:01 (Ref:222597)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
really hope i don't jinx jpm here!

pole:- montoya

oz:-

1. montoya
2. rschumacher
3. mschumacher
4. coulthard
5. raikonnen
6. barrichello

WDC:-

1. montoya
2. mschumacher
3. rschumacher
4. barrichello
5. coulthard
6. raikonnen
Old 25 Feb 2002, 22:08 (Ref:222598)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for doing this R, now for my $0.02:

Pole: Michael Schumacher (yes, even with the old car)

Australia:
1) Michael Schumacher
2) Rubens Barichello
3) David Coulthard
4) Kimi Raikonnen
5) Ralph Schumacher
6) Giancarlo Fisichella

Season WDC:

1) Michael Schumacher
2) Rubens Barichello
3) Ralph Schumacher
4) David Coulthard
5) Juan Pablo Montoya
6) Kimi Raikonnen

PS Are we supposed to give our WDC predictions or is this just to show off ;-)

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 25 Feb 2002 at 22:10.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 22:28 (Ref:222603)   #25
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pole . jp montoya

result.
1. m schumacher
2. d coulthard
3. r schumacher
4. n heidfeld
5. r barrichello
6. j trulli