Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 3 Apr 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4105257)   #76
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result for Aprilia and in particular Aleix Espargaro, everyone loves a trier! Even without VR and with MM's forced absence, the excitement continues, this year's championship is going to swing around like crazy by the looks of things with so many top teams so close.
Old 3 Apr 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4105266)   #77
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Great result for Aprilia and in particular Aleix Espargaro, everyone loves a trier! Even without VR and with MM's forced absence, the excitement continues, this year's championship is going to swing around like crazy by the looks of things with so many top teams so close.
Yes the fact that there are different manufacturers that are now capable of winning races have certainly livened it up this early in the series.
It seems unbelievable that Espargaro has just won his first race on number 200 !!. I wonder if Yamaha can give Fabio the bike he needs ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Apr 2022, 06:16 (Ref:4105273)   #78
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he had in Mandalika .. it just rained

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Apr 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4105710)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I wonder if Yamaha can give Fabio the bike he needs ?
Yes they can, they made a lot of special parts on VR requirements in the past, frames, rear arms, shocks, settings… And it seems that Fabio remains calm while waiting, which is a very good thing.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4105740)   #80
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Mark Marquez was passed fit by his personal doctors to return to action in this weekend’s Americas GP at his beloved Circuit of the Americas – though he will have to undergo an official MotoGP medical check at 1:30pm local time.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2022, 23:45 (Ref:4105896)   #81
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quartararo is out of contract with Yamaha at the end of this season, having signed with the Japanese marque to join its factory squad for 2021 – replacing MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi.
The Frenchman went on to win the 2021 title, ending a six-year drought for Yamaha dating back to Jorge Lorenzo in 2015, with the manufacturer admitting on a number of occasions since that re-signing Quartararo is its priority.
Earlier in the year he even admitted his future beyond 2022 was open as a result.
While rumours have circulated about various moves, including links to Honda, Quartararo has remained tight-lipped on what his future may hold.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 07:55 (Ref:4105935)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
It seems Fabio remains focused on this season's results. Can MM add another title to his huge rider's file?
Old 9 Apr 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4105938)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's amazing how this season is ebbing and flowing, will we have another different winner this weekend?
Old 9 Apr 2022, 12:43 (Ref:4105958)   #84
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe a factory Ducati

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Apr 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4106150)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
maybe a factory Ducati
Agreed. Lets see how it turns.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4106167)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bastianini- Gresini (brave and clever good tires management), Rins the gladiator- Suzuki and Miller- Ducati are on the podium.

Fantastic Marquez who was 13th finishes 6 after a long fight against Fabio (only 7th but his bike was not really fast in the long straight). Nice race.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4106194)   #87
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bastianini- Gresini (brave and clever good tires management), Rins the gladiator- Suzuki and Miller- Ducati are on the podium.

Fantastic Marquez who was 13th finishes 6 after a long fight against Fabio (only 7th but his bike was not really fast in the long straight). Nice race.
If he hadn't gone off the track on the first lap and had to start on the back of the field and then went off again, I think he might have been in for the win ?
Old 11 Apr 2022, 00:04 (Ref:4106222)   #88
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danilo Petrucci won both Moto America Superbike races too for Ducati at COTA..

Standings
Old 11 Apr 2022, 10:00 (Ref:4106278)   #89
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Danilo Petrucci won both Moto America Superbike races too for Ducati at COTA..

Standings
I have been following him and was surprised when he entered the 2022 Dakar Rally with a Tech3 KTM rally raid 450 cc bike and did very well
Old 11 Apr 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4106333)   #90
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
If he hadn't gone off the track on the first lap and had to start on the back of the field and then went off again, I think he might have been in for the win ?
Yes, my point too. Lets say he's been very generous! What a cow-boy he was and still is.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 20:43 (Ref:4106391)   #91
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Good summary, deserved 2nd win for Bastianini and the revitalized Gresini team. Some of those onboard shots of MM bouncing around were incredible!
Old 11 Apr 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4106396)   #92
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
I have been following him and was surprised when he entered the 2022 Dakar Rally with a Tech3 KTM rally raid 450 cc bike and did very well
He even won a stage at Dakar!
Old 11 Apr 2022, 22:58 (Ref:4106420)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's very adaptable that Petrucci
Old 11 Apr 2022, 23:53 (Ref:4106427)   #94
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
He even won a stage at Dakar!
Yes I saw it on the box, I was in Spain when it was on and they show it all week from the bikes to the trucks, they love their Motorsport in Spain. It's a pity that the UK TV isn't better, although there is Eastenders and Coronation Street
Old 12 Apr 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4106498)   #95
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought he was to me a standout at Dakar, given he broke his wrist, or a bone of some sort in Dakar training, which cant have helped his prep. IIRC he won his 5th Stage and without mechanical issues would have been in the top part of the results.

I must admit I thought his plans were to do more Rally Raids with KTM this year, but clearly something didnt gel there and he seems to have turned his attention to Ducati in the US Superbikes.

Whoops.... I should have read over the page before posting.... some of the above has been mentioned by others already
Old 24 Apr 2022, 15:14 (Ref:4107814)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont think we'll see another podium like this one for a while so lets cheers. Fabio was quite impressive imo.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 01:57 (Ref:4107912)   #97
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fabio smashed them and Miller smashed Mir.... Moto2 race and Joe Roberts wins after top 7 crash out at turn 2...
Old 25 Apr 2022, 02:08 (Ref:4107914)   #98
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Fabio smashed them and Miller smashed Mir....
Miller not really doing himself any favours....
Old 25 Apr 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4108022)   #99
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Miller not really doing himself any favours....
I think he could have made it stick with a bit more patience, Mir is renowned for late braking, quite a demonstration from Quartararo, it seems the speed of the Yamaha is sufficient on the European circuits.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4108049)   #100
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
I think he could have made it stick with a bit more patience
For sure, that Ducati was a lot faster down the straight than the Suzuki...