Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3611950)   #351
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would prefer the Viper as an "old" Corvette C6.

Last edited by PascaLM; 5 Feb 2016 at 15:10.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3611951)   #352
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Let's be fair, those Astons are going to receive sickening amounts of BoP whether they are on - Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, Hankook, bicycle rims, bricks, whatever. Given that I'd rather see the diversity.
True but hopefully it won't make them a rocket at LM because of it. I'm not trying to put Dunlop down or anything but this will be there first time in a while back in the top GTE class. Hopefully Dunlop can be close but I don't expect anything big this first year.

Kinda of hard to believe though that Courage didn't get in and the two other American teams are so far down the reserve list.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3611953)   #353
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
+ 60 garages after all, it's like they read my "60 ready but 58 actually usable wtf" rants
+ TIRES ARE BACK. IN WAR. EVERYWHERE
+ IMSA entry resurgence (I don't care what Hindy comments there)
+ Manor Oreca
+ Other things we already pretty much knew but still happy to have confirmed

- Too many GTE-SHAMs again. Yawn
- No second CLM
- JMW LOL, just as bad as Larbre's treatment has been at times
- Continuing chassis Alpine rebadges
- No surprise Japanese entry of sorts, whatever that was supposed to be. Probably rejected (if even real)

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Feb 2016 at 15:17.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:32 (Ref:3611961)   #354
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
- Viper way down on the reserve list....
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3611981)   #355
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I would prefer the Viper as an "old" Corvette C6.
Struggling to see the point of running an old C6.......
Old 5 Feb 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3611982)   #356
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes i think we all hope the viper makes it in but i think it is a little to far down the list to make it this year, but the list looks good with plenty of variation around
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3611985)   #357
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nicolas lapierre joins gustavo menezes in the 36 signatech alpine, ho-pin tung and david cheng in the 35.

source: http://go.zonerouge.fr/nl/puo/1qhlk.html
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3611991)   #358
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mags is listed as an American. I'll welcome that!
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3611996)   #359
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Viper doesn't really deserve entry anyway given they don't run the LMGTE car in States, only GT3.

KCMG actually getting the LM auto on top of WEC auto despite only fielding one car in associated series is weird. Especially given what has happened beyond the curtains as of late. Unless it's reward for fielding that Cup car in ASLMS last year, or they have "promised" to run there next season in LMP2, but even that is bit hollow. But in any case, I'm glad of it, as it actually is capable team (with great liveries) running on top of LMP2, and not another GTE-SHAM. Last year's performance rivaled Strakka's in 2010.

Surprised by Lombard having Judd and not jumping the Zytek-Nissan bandwagon. Interesting. Of course, if they want to be doing the same in two years time, they better have American flag under them

Noticed JMW being listed as Michelin runner. So have they given up "Dunlop GTE factory team" title... again... I guess it's Astons now only. As for AMR crying for bop for having different tires, who cares at this point really since the GTE balancing is a joke anyways? They'll get whatever they want regardless, just as Jay said.

On the list, the ACO insisted on calling the AAI-Prospeed Corvette "ZR-1" instead of "Z06", so yes quite the C6.R instead of C7.R. They probably couldn't acquire C7 from P&M or Larbre or whomever but just got the old one cheap somewhere. In the end it doesn't really matter as ACO will hand it bag of BoP breaks to compete with the newer cars, just as they did with the 997 Porsche of AAI last year.

The AF Corse armada seems to be shrinking. Only four officially labeled AF cars, plus the camouflaged Formula Racing satellite, and that's it I think? I doubt they are touching Risi much right, so "just five". Alright the two LMP2 BR01s probably are assisted by them too, whatever they end up insisting, but the lack of SMP branded Ferraris drops the numbers.

The second proposed Scuderia Corsa likely would have been another satellite AF Corse (given SC actually needed the IMSA auto invite to get in with the first car) but ACO thought enough was enough?

DC Racing doing full WEC is a surprise. Especially as they didn't have to given the auto invite... so it's almost a waste, in a figure of speech?

Hadn't before paid that much attention on the Gazoo part of Toyota title, but now it looks as integral part of the official title branding as Total did for Pug yes? So it'll show in TV graphics I assume?

Audis being labeled as bare R18 is... I don't know, the naming schemes have been confusing for years.

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Feb 2016 at 16:55.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3612006)   #360
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana
Noticed JMW being listed as Michelin runner. So have they given up "Dunlop GTE factory team" title... again... I guess it's Astons now only. As for AMR crying for bop for having different tires, who cares at this point really since the GTE balancing is a joke anyways? They'll get whatever they want regardless, just as Jay said.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dunlop dropping JMW rather than the other way around; AMR at Le Mans is never going to be in doubt while we've just seen what has happened to JMW... Of course Dunlop could have taken on both in addition to the other new teams they will be supplying, but why back a probable losing horse if it isn't getting you enough exposure/money?

Quote:
The AF Corse armada seems to be shrinking. Only four officially labeled AF cars, plus the camouflaged Formula Racing satellite, and that's it I think? I doubt they are touching Risi much right, so "just five" Alright the two LMP2 BR01s probably are assisted by them too, whatever they end up insisting, but the lack of SMP branded Ferraris drops the numbers.
I'll take a couple of LMP2s and slightly fewer Ferraris over a 488 blowout. The ACO are clearly diversifying their entries/marginalising the influence of European privateers (YMMV on which side of the slash you are on), so while AF Corse remain semi-works they are a good target for the culling.

Quote:
Hadn't before paid that much attention on the Gazoo part of Toyota title, but now it looks as integral part of the official title branding as Total did for Pug yes?
Looks like it. It also brings the LMP1 team in-line with the other international efforts (namely the GT86/LFA in VLN) for maximum brand activation. Actually, don't those cars run some mix of black/red/white liveries as well?
Old 5 Feb 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3612017)   #361
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Actually, don't those cars run some mix of black/red/white liveries as well?
i'm sure it's been covered elsewhere in intricate detail, but i wish teams/manufacturers would give their colouring in departments some felt tip pens other than red, black and silver. it really is very tedious trying to work out who's who unless you're very familiar with the cars.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3612181)   #362
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is CORE running the Porsche effort this year at the 24?
Old 6 Feb 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3612323)   #363
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jacques Nicolet on the reserve list? How could that happen? Doesn't he have an automatic entry for Onroak/ACO reasons?

Old 6 Feb 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3612370)   #364
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems not.....
Old 6 Feb 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3612374)   #365
Deleted
Veteran

73 entry requests so only 3 rejected completely from reserves. Despite all the hulabaloo, chances in getting in are much higher than in past when you used to have over 80 requests for mere 55 spots (not to mention sub 50 not so long ago)
Old 6 Feb 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3612392)   #366
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Strange just had an email from FIA WEC newsletter and it clearly states two ford GT's odd that they get that wrong
Old 6 Feb 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3612411)   #367
Deleted
Veteran

That just means the two WEC entered cars.

Meanwhile Dragonspeed "not surprised" yet politically correcto "proud" for reserve status
https://twitter.com/Oreca/status/695617779169390592

And I hope JMW realizes they need 3 pullouts to make it to the race, not one GTE...
https://twitter.com/JMWmotorsport/st...75440892092417
Old 6 Feb 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3612501)   #368
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
73 entry requests so only 3 rejected completely from reserves. Despite all the hulabaloo, chances in getting in are much higher than in past when you used to have over 80 requests for mere 55 spots (not to mention sub 50 not so long ago)
Out of curiosity, who were the 3 that missed the boat entirely?
Old 6 Feb 2016, 22:04 (Ref:3612511)   #369
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Out of curiosity, who were the 3 that missed the boat entirely?
Scuderia Corsa in LMGTE-PRO, the other two unknown

Some Japanese team reportedly/allegedly (by Jap media) put up a request, maybe they were one of those
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3612730)   #370
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JMW 1st Reserve in GTE

Some confusion maybe?
In the Press Kit accompanying this year's entry list it states that JMW (the 3rd reserve) will replace the first GTE car to withdraw if any do?
Therefore not having to wait before 2 P2s pull out - I think this was the case a couple of years ago - P2s replacing P2s and GTEs replacing GTEs?
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:21 (Ref:3612734)   #371
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Scuderia Corsa in LMGTE-PRO, the other two unknown

Some Japanese team reportedly/allegedly (by Jap media) put up a request, maybe they were one of those
Aah of course, bit of brain fade over forgetting Scuderia Corsa, thanks!
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3612735)   #372
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a bit weird that they would leave out a GTE Pro entry entirely. Have Scuderia Corsa maybe missed the deadline? Or pulled out before the entry list was even published?
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:34 (Ref:3612741)   #373
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonylight View Post
Some confusion maybe?
In the Press Kit accompanying this year's entry list it states that JMW (the 3rd reserve) will replace the first GTE car to withdraw if any do?
Therefore not having to wait before 2 P2s pull out - I think this was the case a couple of years ago - P2s replacing P2s and GTEs replacing GTEs?
If that is the case, why do they not list the reserve protos and GTs separately, rather than mixed up in a single list? More ACO oddity.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3613029)   #374
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A quick driver question...there are lots of driver who have contract's with Nissan - Mardenborough, Ordóñez, Reip, Shulzhitskiy and Sir Chris Hoy - to name a few do we think they are going to pop in P2 car's this year.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3613037)   #375
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The C6-R is a better looking machine then the C7-R, I'd be happy to see it once more at LeMans. Hope they can be competetive.