Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Nov 2001, 15:45 (Ref:174179)   #26
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Lisa Davidson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh here we go again - another pratt that believes every piece of nonsense a driver will say.

FPA is equal or as equal as it can be. It's still a great series with great action and I've enjoyed watching it this year on TV and when I've been to the tracks. It's churned out some very good drivers this year too - the top 5 or 6 could easily have given the so called pro's from last year a good run for their money.

Mr Ghinzani - if a driver has proof that his car is not equal then why isn't he suing? Because he has no proof and that FPA have all the proof in the world that the cars are the same.

It's all in the data logging that a driver gets each race - his fastest time compared with the fastest driver. If he can't see where he's losing 2 tenths then that driver is going to be no good in F1 when they have the same sort of data comparisons. The times were so close that you can hardly say it was because one driver had a better car. It was just that he was a better driver that day.

So what you want to say is that Damien Faulkner - last year's champion - was not a good driver and didn't deserve the win!? What rubbish. Damien is a fantastic driver and proving that further this year. No one was suspicious when Damien didn't qualify in the top 10 for some races - it was just perhaps that he didn't get into that particular circuit.

Sam Hancock I seem to remeber coming back into the series towards the latter part of last year when he was a flop in the Barber Dodge series. Hardly the actions of someone who hated the series.

Van der Ende is not the world's greatest driver and never will be but 7th in the series and a race win is not bad going! A lot of drivers would be happy with that. It was perhaps because he was under a lot of pressure from Mr Brask to do better. His "team mate" Jesper Carlsen did slightly better and came 6th. Perhaps a few less accidents from them both would have seen them right up there...

As for the mechanics, we'll I've seen a lot of familar faces around the FPA garages this year - the same mechanics as before so surely they would have been sacked if they spread untrue rumours. Perhaps a few small stories just got blown out of all proportion by a couple of good for nothing drivers.

The problem was that these guys think they are professional racing drivers and competing in a level playing field showed them up to be not as good as they probably talked themselves up to be. And they had no excuses for being rubbish - unlike other series like F3 where a driver can say "well I'm not as good as him because he's paying £xxxxxx thousand pounds more than me and is in the best car."

Grow up will you Mr Ghinzani - if you have proof then sue. After all, drivers have contracts and I'm pretty certain that it says somewhere in that FPA must provide equal cars. If not then they can sue for breach of contract... Perhaps no one sued because no one had proof or just that they knew they wouldn't win.

Hey just one last thing - why don't you post all your comments on the FPA forum at www.formula-palmer-audi.com and get the views of the people that work there?! Or are you too chicken?
Old 11 Nov 2001, 16:10 (Ref:174194)   #27
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[edited after complaints]
Old 11 Nov 2001, 16:16 (Ref:174184)   #28
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMHO does it really matter if it was rigged?? The drivers have all moved on and performed well or poorly in various series. Racing in these series will soon prove whether they are talented drivers or not. In my opinion, all the drivers who have and do race in FPA are bound to better drivers than I ever will...... The series offers an excellent way into the support, and is now even better value.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 16:27 (Ref:174171)   #29
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Opinions expressed are those of the contributors and are not necessarily shared by the website..."

In all seriousness, Ghinzani, please moderate the tone of your accusations, because forums like this can face legal action for defamation just because they carry comments such as yours from their members.

So you wouldn't be sued - we would.

You might well have rock-solid evidence to back it up, but please be prepared to present it on your own webspace and not 10-tenths' because while you may have an axe to grind over Formula Palmer Audi, 10-tenths does not.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 16:33 (Ref:174207)   #30
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I found interesting was looking at the old thread from earlier this year Tarling wasnt overly supporting of the series, but he was towing the line when he posted at the FPA site. So who can you really listen to and what can you really beleive? I have no idea how fair or unfair FPA is, but its certainly no more unfair or corrupt than any other racing championship is.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 17:42 (Ref:174185)   #31
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
What I found interesting was looking at the old thread from earlier this year Tarling wasnt overly supporting of the series, but he was towing the line when he posted at the FPA site. So who can you really listen to and what can you really beleive? I have no idea how fair or unfair FPA is, but its certainly no more unfair or corrupt than any other racing championship is.
Well said that man.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 17:52 (Ref:174195)   #32
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TimD - point taken, wouldnt want ten-tenths getting binned by Palmer the bad loser... whoops there I go again!!
BTW does moderation of tone extend to me being called a pratt?

I remember Tarling from FF, he ran a Swift in his first year - always seemed a straight forward guy, as were his family. I guess for a guy who spent at least two seasons in the FPA series its more what goes unsaid that speaks louder than whats said.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 18:01 (Ref:174208)   #33
Russfeld
Veteran

My point was he seemed inconsistent in his comments. Im not trying to attack Richard Tarling personally, but there's motive in everything anyone says.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 21:08 (Ref:174176)   #34
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy everybody.. it's only FPA.. probably not worth a heart attack!!

(Midget is doing well over the winter and will be prepared for full sprinting season in time for the spring - website needs updating with new pictures and text)
Old 13 Nov 2001, 18:58 (Ref:174196)   #35
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
Easy everybody.. it's only FPA.. probably not worth a heart attack!!

(Midget is doing well over the winter and will be prepared for full sprinting season in time for the spring - website needs updating with new pictures and text)
Yeah fair do's its a dead series anyway....

So where you gonna run the car next season btw? sprints again?
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:00 (Ref:174210)   #36
Sam Hancock
Rookie

Sam Hancock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPA

Ghinzani

Having just been browsing the forum, I was quite surprised to come across such heated debate about FPA. You are all entitled to your opinions, and I will not even begin to argue with you, but what I do ask is that you check your facts before posting them.

I want to make it very clear that you are categorically WRONG in saying that JP called my father and offered a car that was guaranteed to win. I don't know where you got that info, but I'd like to find out!
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:04 (Ref:174197)   #37
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Re: FPA

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sam Hancock
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani

Ghinzani

Having just been browsing the forum, I was quite surprised to come across such heated debate about FPA. You are all entitled to your opinions, and I will not even begin to argue with you, but what I do ask is that you check your facts before posting them.

I want to make it very clear that you are categorically WRONG in saying that JP called my father and offered a car that was guaranteed to win. I don't know where you got that info, but I'd like to find out!
Lemme check - someone I know told me, they apparently heard it from your old man. At least I think it was you...
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:10 (Ref:174198)   #38
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Btw Sam whats the name of the good Doctor Palmers PA? Thats slipped my mind as well!!
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:17 (Ref:174204)   #39
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ghinzani, Its Lisa Davis.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:19 (Ref:174199)   #40
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by 27tim
Ghinzani, Its Lisa Davis.
Oh right , so not Lisa Davidson then?
Old 13 Nov 2001, 19:22 (Ref:174169)   #41
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I can only reinforce what TimD said here earlier - we at 10 Tenths Motorsport do not necessarily agree with the comments made by any of our posters - who, incidently, agreed when they signed up to use the forums to accept *all* responsibility for the content of the messages which they post.

In this particular case I will just point of to 'ghinzani' that he/she is possibly coming very close to ending up being in the position of being sued for libel or deformation. If you cannot post any cast iron proof may I suggest that you desist from posting on this subject ?
Old 13 Nov 2001, 21:33 (Ref:174269)   #42
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani

Oh right , so not Lisa Davidson then?
No it's not me. I don't work for FPA. I'm a secretary/PA for a big IT firm in London. Looks like you've lost all you arguments now Ghinzani, and I'll repeat what I said earlier that you'll believe anything people tell you just because you've obviously got a grudge of some sort against Mr Palmer. It's people like you that spread these sorts of vicious lies/rumours call it what you will that bring down the sport we love. If you have proof, then lets all see it and expose any fraudsters out there. If not, and I suspect this really is the case, shut up, let people like Mr Palmer get on with their own lives and stop making it harder for them. I can't imagine how he felt after he'd been let down by so many people at the start of the year when they didn't want to do FPA. The problem being that too many drivers don't want to compete on a level playing field because they know it'll do their career more harm than good, and they don't agree with his dream of seeing the best driver - not best car and driver - make it to the top. However, people like you have had your wish and now let FPA and Mr Palmer live its new life. It's no longer the F1 feeder that he hoped for but now it's just a regular national championship. If you don't like it, fine. Go and watch some other series full of cheating and lies and some rubbish little driver winning all the time and you can believe that it's his talent only getting him where he is. I bet you haven't even watched an FPA race this year or even in the last few years so you have no idea what is going on at all. I'll carry on watching it as I'm all for equality as I like to watch the person behind the wheel actually win, not the powerplant behind him or the chassis under him.

I'll give you one more chance - post your proof here or on the FPA site otherwise please stop damaging something people like you have already kicked in the teeth enough.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 21:50 (Ref:174281)   #43
27tim
Racer

How many FPA rounds did you go to this year Lisa? Did you go specifically to watch FPA?
Old 13 Nov 2001, 23:06 (Ref:174301)   #44
AndyF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Davidson

I can't imagine how he felt after he'd been let down by so many people at the start of the year when they didn't want to do FPA.

It's no longer the F1 feeder that he hoped for but now it's just a regular national championship.
Lisa, I agree with what you have said - I should imagine that he msut have been heartbroken to find that his series had lost its support almost overnight.

However, I disagree with your comments on it becoming a regular national series. That it (IMHO) is not - it gets far much more publicity than most other national series, especially in Motorsport News. It has a field of talented drivers which deserve to be in a major series, and its past history has helped to make it what it is.

Andrew
Old 13 Nov 2001, 23:53 (Ref:174317)   #45
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Quote:
How many FPA rounds did you go to this year Lisa? Did you go specifically to watch FPA?
All but Ireland! But I've seen them all on TV (well up to the Donington round last night!)

Yes I went to see FPA but I go to a lot of race meetings and I spend a lot of time going to Brands Hatch to watch the local championships such as the Kent County Formula Ford. I suppose that I only travelled this year to see FPA race meetings as well as Powertour ones so you could say I specifically went to see them.

Andy, I was comparing it to say the Ford Fiesta Zetec-S championship and the TVR Tuscans from the Powertour or even the Clios. I'd say they probably get more coverage in the magazines than FPA - although they don't deserve to get any more. These are the sorts of series I compare it to now, rather than recognised feeders, like FFord or F3, or Club championships. I'd like to see FPA get a slot in the Powertour or the TOCA tour as I think that would help it rebuild it's tarnished reputation.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the drivers! Some of them were outstanding this year. The highly entertaining, super quick but erratic Gino Ussi, ice cool, utterly consistent Steve Warburton, charger Ben Lewis and win or bust Gideon Cresswell. I'd love to see these and some others make the move into another series.
Old 14 Nov 2001, 00:04 (Ref:174320)   #46
27tim
Racer

Hey Lisa,

I think the series was offered a spot on the Powertour but JP doesn't want to take it...At the minute we headline all the events we go to, and haev pick of grarges and times etc...if we were to become a support event we wouldn't get such good treatment

So you were at the last brands round?
Old 14 Nov 2001, 00:13 (Ref:174325)   #47
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Quote:
Hey Lisa,

I think the series was offered a spot on the Powertour but JP doesn't want to take it...At the minute we headline all the events we go to, and haev pick of grarges and times etc...if we were to become a support event we wouldn't get such good treatment

So you were at the last brands round?
True the drivers wouldn't have as good treatment but I think the spectators would prefer to see more top quality events in one day. I mean, I do like to see the FPA but some of the support can be a bit poor. But I think it would only serve to increase the current drivers profiles as most people can name back of the grid F3 drivers, but not FPA ones. True you would lose the fact that you would be headlining, but with the increase in crowd numbers and the fact that the whole Powertour event is more profile, it would help FPA lose it's Club tag that people think it is. After all, not many people know that FPA produce a magazine and it only seems to be available in the hospitality I've been told. Luckily I've been sent a few copies this year by one of the drivers!

Yes I was at the Brands races! I said all but Ireland. I was really pleased to see GIdeon win there as I've watched him race when he started a couple of years ago and he's always been great to watch.
Old 14 Nov 2001, 00:17 (Ref:174326)   #48
27tim
Racer

If you want any copies of any of them Lisa please LMK...
Old 14 Nov 2001, 03:28 (Ref:174341)   #49
Russfeld
Veteran

Now she definately wasnt at Snetterton. If there was a female wandering the paddock not attached to one of the drivers, id have known

Its not just a number, its a lifestyle
Old 14 Nov 2001, 09:00 (Ref:174369)   #50
AndyF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Davidson

Andy, I was comparing it to say the Ford Fiesta Zetec-S championship and the TVR Tuscans from the Powertour or even the Clios. I'd say they probably get more coverage in the magazines than FPA - although they don't deserve to get any more. These are the sorts of series I compare it to now, rather than recognised feeders, like FFord or F3, or Club championships. I'd like to see FPA get a slot in the Powertour or the TOCA tour as I think that would help it rebuild it's tarnished reputation.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the drivers! Some of them were outstanding this year. The highly entertaining, super quick but erratic Gino Ussi, ice cool, utterly consistent Steve Warburton, charger Ben Lewis and win or bust Gideon Cresswell. I'd love to see these and some others make the move into another series.
Lisa, I agree with your comments on the FPA Championship not being as noticed as the Clios and Fiestas, and am sure if that FPA was offered a place on the Toca/Powertours then the series would only get better. I think the series suffers from running as the headline race at most meetings - and although it gets more publicity than the 'lower club' championships, there will be less people watching and recruiting for FRenault etc...

I think FPA is currently in a difficult position on the 'ladder'. It is possibly to advanced for novices, while those who really want to progress up the 'ladder' would choose FFORD or ZIP.

Andrew