Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Nov 2004, 17:49 (Ref:1154239)   #1
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC renewal

I haven`t received my membership renewal yet, are they late ?

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 15 Nov 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1154243)   #2
DougK
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
DougK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I can't help you. I gave up my BMMC membership 3 years ago because I felt I gained nothing from it and no-one tried to convince me to renew. I remember my renewal didn't come till about mid December.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1154275)   #3
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my membership card for next year today, thanks Sue W. Not a photo card this time though - thankfully!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 18:40 (Ref:1154277)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
We got our renewal notices - just have to fill it in and send back which I'll do at the end of the month when the credit card is feeling a bit healthier...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1154329)   #5
Crazy Marshal
Racer

England
Hartford, Cheshire
Crazy Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had my forms throught last week sometime...i just haven't got round to filling them in and sending them back yet...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1154426)   #6
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my renewal form (and returned it, so there) last week, Tony, and it can't just be because B comes before G, as someone above whose name begins with W has apparently also got hers (she'll know who I mean!). It couldn't be that you've upset somebody, could it?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1154438)   #7
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got mine too last week, no probs. If you want to, you can always fone Sue and ask, she doesn't bite (well not much anyway)
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1154462)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You would think that you could download one from the website wouldn't you?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1154482)   #9
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my renewal form through about three weeks ago, Im just waiting for next years card !!!

Simon.

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1154502)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next years card arrived today, what with that and the MSA Licence valid until December 2006 already in my possesion, are things begining to run smoothly?
Must be a meeting I'm not Clerk for!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 04:24 (Ref:1154681)   #11
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sue Whitlock has been hospitalised of late but I believe most of the renewal notices have now gone out. Sue has made it awfully easy to rejoin - all you have to do is sign the form and send some money for that nice Scottish Treasurer to look after for you!

To DougK, sorry our systems let us and you down in the past. No excuses - we did get our membership knickers in a twist for a while! Sue has worked wonders this past year and there is a vast improvement all around. That said, Sue started off with less than complete records; so, if you think you have been missed contact Sue or PM me on this site and I will attend to it.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1154729)   #12
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
The pre-printed forms are a great idea. Just sign the form, sign the cheque and away you go!

At least you don't have to fill out the 'crime sheet' nowadays. That used to be a real pain trying to remember what meetings you attended...
Old 16 Nov 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1155027)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After 12 years as a member, I am not going to renew for 2005.
Instead I am going to see if marshalling changes dramatically for me by not being a member.

For my £17, what do I get? (Insurance cover.....I know before George posts....)

An intermittent national & regional newsletter usually full of out-of-date content......

Try to get replies from committee members is hard work.
We're often told to approach committee members rather than spout off on here, but seldom do you get a reply (my regional Chairman excepted).

I am not so blinkered to say that I will not rejoin the Club in the future and I certainly don't plan on not marshalling.
If the BMMC pulls it's socks up a little, then I will be more than happy to part with the cash in 2006

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 16 Nov 2004 at 15:13.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1155045)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell
You would think that you could download one from the website wouldn't you?

YOU CAN!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1155088)   #15
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mark, i agree save your pennies and use the £17 for a new pair of gloves or something, you will get more benefit from it. i have never joined so never missed anything but struggle to see the benefit.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 17:00 (Ref:1155141)   #16
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After 12 years as a member, I am not going to renew for 2005.
Instead I am going to see if marshalling changes dramatically for me by not being a member.
I'm sorry you feel like this Mark, but surely you will lose your X graded status if you leave the club?

I am sure the club is going to improve now that we have new commitee members on board.

Ian
Old 16 Nov 2004, 22:28 (Ref:1155485)   #17
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Lewis
I'm sorry you feel like this Mark, but surely you will lose your X graded status if you leave the club?

I am sure the club is going to improve now that we have new commitee members on board.

Ian
I have had my renewal notice at the cheque will be in the post after next pay day.

No Club is perfect but personally I have found the Marshals Club in the main to be very helpful and supportive.

I also would agree with Ian, there are new commitee members on the board and I think we should give them a chance before we all start voting with our feet.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1155698)   #18
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Lewis

Ian
Mark,
You will not lose your X grade as this comes from the MSA and not the marshals club as I thought.

Cheers Ian
Old 17 Nov 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1155706)   #19
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing is perfect. I found that being more selective about meetings helped me. Once you get over the "I'm letting my mates down" stage things pick up again. Sure folks joke they don't see you often, but its because they are pleased to see you again.
Balance is the key (especially on the tyre wall!!)
Old 17 Nov 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1155730)   #20
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMMC is excellent if you are a trainee marshal who does not have the contacts/volunteering forms for each club, but do a few meetings and you soon get on the mailing lists so the green slips are fairly redundant.

The Insurance is the main reason for being in the club, after all, it is another backup along side the MSA cover if anything should happen.

Marshalling did not change for me when I didn't renew my membership 2 years ago, I was doing less marshalling anyway for various reasons.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1155794)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214

I also would agree with Ian, there are new commitee members on the board and I think we should give them a chance before we all start voting with our feet.

Steve, my whinge is about the BMMC as a whole - I'm not picking on my region - there are a couple of very good committee members in the North.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1155828)   #22
DougK
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
DougK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To clarify, my reason for leaving the BMMC was because I felt that I was not gaining anything by being a member.

There were several issues that made me come to this decison.

The whole bias of the region I was in was geared towards Silverstone, yet I marshalled mainly at Snetterton so it was irrelevant in the main to me.

I felt that despite having a large membership base the BMMC appeared not to do anything about conditions at circuits (toilets and facilities etc). They could have easily but more pressure on circuit owners / clubs to solve such issues (ask members to boycott meetings etc perhaps). It also appeared to me that the members views were not impressed on clubs,circuits and the MSA enough

Some of the benefits, such as cheaper overalls were not actually there (I could get them cheaper from the local Race and Rally Shop).

When the MSA "took over" the grading scheme , the biggest benefit ceased.

Similar to Mark, I receiving of newsletters etc was also hit and miss.

Yes I realise that the club is made up of "volunteers" but then £17 is more than I paid to join my local car clubs (KLDMC and SCCON), which are also run by volunteers and I felt I got better value for money from and they arranged more "regional" activities.

I wouldn't ever rule out rejoining the BMMC, but first I have to be convinced that they actually represent the members and convey feelings to the other MotorSport clubs and authorities to improve things.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 15:13 (Ref:1156013)   #23
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

YOU CAN!
this form is for new marshals, not for renewals, so you still have the crime sheet, sorry to hear about Sue, hope it`s not to bad.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 17 Nov 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1156212)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see a crime sheet, just the renewal form and a statement of account for the club....! is that 'cos i'm still a trainee?
Old 17 Nov 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1156218)   #25
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
An intermittent national & regional newsletter usually full of out-of-date content......
well, when was the last time you submitted anything for publication then?? we do our damdest to try and get a newsletter together as a region, and we are volunteers too remember, so stop f**kin whinging and help out instead