Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 2 Mar 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1534551)   #1
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I buy a Photographers jacket/vest from?

Can't seem to find many places on the net.

And I could really do with getting myself one, for a couple of reasons, 1) it would make it more practicle carrying lenses etc, 2) it makes you look the part.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1534569)   #2
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi James

Warehouse Express sell Domke Photogs vests, as do many other places. Alternatively you could try the Tamrac modular belt system (also at WE), which looks OK. If you're after the Alpinestars vest, I don't think they sell them, but issue them free to motorsport photographers.

I hope you have thawed out from Tuesday now....was good to meet up at Silverstone. My run of bad luck with equipment continues.....problems with the 1DmkIIN on Tuesday, now my laptop hard drive has died. There will be a short memorial service at my home next Monday, and a post in the Tributes forum.....

Toshiba MK8026GAX-(PM) hard drive 2004-2006 RIP

Phil
Old 2 Mar 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1534582)   #3
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Thanks Phil.

Was good meeting you. An Alpinestars or Canon one would be cool, but not essential, I'm basically after something practicle, and that looks the part. The tarmac one looks ok, just have to gain a bit more cash now

Incidently, I've got a pic of you taking a pic of Tiago Monterio.

click here to enlarge

Oh I only managed to get my flash off the 10D once i got home, it was so cold, I couldn't undo the release!

Maybe I should have used my EF lens in the pits as well, as standing back to get the car inframe with my 70-200, wasn't ideal with the scrum infront!
Old 2 Mar 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1534663)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James, have you tried fishing shops?

While not 'quite' what you are looking for, are reasonably cost effective
Old 2 Mar 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1534675)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
Thanks Phil.

Was good meeting you. An Alpinestars or Canon one would be cool, but not essential, I'm basically after something practicle, and that looks the part. The tarmac one looks ok, just have to gain a bit more cash now

Incidently, I've got a pic of you taking a pic of Tiago Monterio.....
I'm surprised you got me all in without a wide angle... Next time I see you at a test day I could lend you my 24-70, as I tend to mostly use the 17-40 and 70-200 in the pits

One quick point - when it it started snowing I turned my flashes off, as it highlights the snowflakes directly in front of the lens hence the big white blobs (no, not me). You get the same effect in dusty environments at night. Other than that it's a nice shot, nice colour to it. I should have my site up and running soon, once I get some images loaded, I'll ping you a link.

Are you going to the April test too? May see you there

Cheers

Phil
Old 2 Mar 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1534808)   #6
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Pigit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vest

Hubble that vest looks terrible on you,i think it maywell suit me better bring it with you on the 26/3 and i'll take it of your hands.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1534839)   #7
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigit
Hubble that vest looks terrible on you,i think it maywell suit me better bring it with you on the 26/3 and i'll take it of your hands.
Sorry Paul, it's only a large regular length, not a XXXXXXXXXXXXXL incredibly short. Anyway, it's a photographers vest - why would you need it?

Has your missus got my stick of rock yet?
Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1534864)   #8
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
No rock yet but you maywell be getting a clip round th ear,could of got someone to photograph your best side (the rear)im supprised James camera is still working after focusing on that ugly mug
Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1534873)   #9
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Phil, how's your foot? Looks like it's just been run over...

I had snow aswell today, but not as thick, and right at the close of play at 5pm...

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/snet_snow2.jpg
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1534879)   #10
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
That's a nice pic Mike..
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1534959)   #11
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Phil, I plan to do all the Silverstone tests, except for June, because I will be buggering off to Le Mans with Mike and Pete etc.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1535300)   #12
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
I'm planning on heading to Le Mans too, just not sure of my exact plans yet. Hopefully I'll see you at the next test, and with a bit of luck it will be a tad warmer
Old 3 Mar 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1535531)   #13
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
Thanks Phil.

:
You meant something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Canon-Prof...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1535585)   #14
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much use to you now I know, but whilst I was on holiday in the USA last September I spotted a photographers jacket/vest in a camera shop with a price tag of 7 dollars (seven) about £4. Its perhaps a bit tight if zipped up, but at that price how could I resist, I almost look the part now!!

Kelvin
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1535591)   #15
Kelvin
Veteran

Cant resits a bargain, I just bought one of those Canon vests too!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1535607)   #16
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Thanks Terry,for the link i have just brought the Nikon Vest..Now all i've got to do is pluck up the courage to by the D2HS on the plastic.(before hubble says somethink ,at least i will look the part)...
Old 3 Mar 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1535621)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have about half a dozen freebie vests in storage...canon, nikon, olympics, even one from the vodafone derby. the trouble with vests is all those pockets encourage you to put things in them that you don't really need...next thing you're weighed down so much you're an extra in a jacques cousteau documentary.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1535622)   #18
Kelvin
Veteran

Quote:
I have about half a dozen freebie vests in storage...canon,
now he tells us!!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1535650)   #19
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Canon one looks very pretty, but doesn't appear to actually hold very much...
Old 3 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1535683)   #20
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the best thing i have to use is a nikon bum bag...6 years old and counting. i know some people also prefer just chucking stuff in a backpack, easier to swing on and off than a jacket.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1536343)   #21
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Thanks Terry, I decided to take that one up.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1536352)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a picture of Jeff Bloxham that I took at Goodwood and his jacket looks like it came from Marks & Spencer's. Just a plain check sports variety. I could not tell about his vest.
Does this help atall?
Old 4 Mar 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1536366)   #23
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Not anymore mate, since I just paid for the canon one :P
Old 5 Mar 2006, 01:16 (Ref:1536419)   #24
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hate you guys, you've got me tempted to buy a Nikon one now...

Bans all round!
Old 5 Mar 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1536543)   #25
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Go for it Mike it only works out at about £40.00,Greys of Westminster were selling them just before Christmas i think they wanted near on £85.00.