Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1770898)   #926
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Sorry matt, but I think there are rules to the fantasy championship about cars after V8_TURBO posted a Nissan 350Z. The car has to be sold in Australia with a V8 Engine, and have four doors. Can anyone clarify?
really? I thought the general consensus was that it doesnt really matter whats being shown off as "team cars", they dont make any sort of difference. They just look good. Id quite like to see Matts cars on that template
Old 20 Nov 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1771031)   #927
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Sorry matt, but I think there are rules to the fantasy championship about cars after V8_TURBO posted a Nissan 350Z. The car has to be sold in Australia with a V8 Engine, and have four doors. Can anyone clarify?
I dont think that was made official, it was just a suggestion by a few people (including me) but I like that template, and it will almost be like the DTM running with the astra aswell!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1771036)   #928
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does it really make that much difference? It's not like Matt's drivers will be going slower this weekend because they're in an Astra .
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 21 Nov 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1771377)   #929
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Movement At The B.O.R.I.N.G Ranch...

B.O.R.I.N.G are announcing that resident axe-man Bazil (who has had a quiet time with the axe of late ), has finally decided to yield it on Steven Richards, effective immediately.
With Steven announcing he is heading to a rival manufacturer next year, we believe that Steve isn't going to give a toss about the last two rounds.

Sorry Steve, but we just can't take the risk...

In his place, we have decided to give a young fellow by the name of Rick Kelly a go. B.O.R.I.N.G were very surprised to find that no-one else has any faith in Todd's brother, and we now realise that he is the real accumulator, a title that Steve has now kissed goodbye.
He seems to be going along nicely this season, and we believe he will deliver the goods in the final two rounds.

B.O.R.I.N.G are not concerned by the constant 'pit chatter', that Rick will drive conservatively in these last few races. He's just got to go out there and do what he has been doing all year, that, and make sure he finishes in front of that pesky Lowndes character.

B.O.R.I.N.G wish Rick, Frosty and 'Mad' Max Wilson all the best for the remainder of the season.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1771481)   #930
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you allow late entries? I have one standing by if it will be allowed in
Old 21 Nov 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1771564)   #931
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Does it really make that much difference? It's not like Matt's drivers will be going slower this weekend because they're in an Astra .
yeah, its just that the last time I run a different car, I was told to run a Holden or Ford, this was followed by as long post by M-Kart.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1771566)   #932
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Kart
I know i caused these problems by launching the 300C race car, but maybe after seeing the outcry that the use of other cars have caused, that maybe basic car rules should be drawn up for the series? whilst not neccesarily restricted to a Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore, but certainly a 4 door sedan that is commercially available with a V8 Motor. This not only leaves it open to other makes (eg my chrysler 300C, Audi A6's, etc) that sell 4 door sedans with v8's. As Mr Cochrane has said in the past, the real series would welcome other makes who fit the current tech regs. (Yes, i know the hemi is sold as a 5.7 litre, but you also cant purchase 5.0 Litre Commodores or Falcons new anymore) So assumming that, like ford and holden have done, a manufacturer would build a V8 of the right capacity, and put it in a regulation fitting body shell that sells publicly with a V8 (of any capacity), it would be legal for V8 Supercars (Fantasy Championship). There are no doubt other Manufacturers out there who build cars that fit these regs, so if someone goes to enter a different car than Ford/Holden/a car that hasn't already been entered, the person entering it should provide evidence that the car has (or had - in the cases PWR Fan mentioned of Early commodores/falcons/etc, which i cant see why there shouldnt be legal - a V8 in it for sale (eg a link). I'll get the ball rolling, by citing http://www.chrysler.com.au/chrysler_...0-0-0-0-0.html to prove the 300C is available to purchase with both 5.7 and 6.1 litre V8s.

As for older models, i know i'm ignoring Avesco's - sorry V8SCA's - regs for eligible bodyshells & regulation vehicle model ages, but i think these regs should replace these in the case of the fantasy cahmpionship. I cannot see why the older classic V8's which were the foreunners of the current cas shouldnt race - imaging a Greens-Tuff styled XE Falcon on a grid next to its current sibling? or Skaife squaring off on the mountain in his VZ (or VE) against his fellow holden competitor in a 1984 Big Banger VK? I think it would really add to it. And the 'proove its a 4 door sedan with a V8' rule is for use of older cars, models other than Falcons/Commodores, and for anyone not from australia who wants to enter a car from their part of the world, so everyone can see it eleigible, if they arent familiar with the car. SO the regs still would welcome anyone with a wide range of available cars, come to think of it the Mercs and Audi 4 doors from this years DTM would be eligible, as i think they are all available as road cars with V8's.

So in summary, i think the regs should read (if not for the rest of this season, certainly for next year):

Cars:
Any 4 Door Sedan that is Commercially Available for sale somewhere in the world with a V8 Motor is eligible. Note: If the car is not a current race model used in V8 Supercar Competition, or hasn't been already entered and approved in the Fantasy Championship, proof is required of its sale to the public with a V8 Engine, and with and appropriate body shell (4 door sedan).

This is just my suggestion, but what do you all think? should something like this be brought in to the regs? keep in mind i've done it to make it relate to the world wide audience, and have as many cars a possible eligible, but still fit close to the V8SCA regs. Let us know what you think!

Mitch
And there we go....
Old 21 Nov 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1771726)   #933
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
Do you allow late entries? I have one standing by if it will be allowed in
Absolutely! We'd be glad to have you on board.

Re types of car, I'm not going to mandate any rules on anything that doesn't affect points. I honestly couldn't care less if someone ran a squadron of Ring-a-Ding Convert-a-Cars (not a suggestion ):

but some people will take umbrage over the fact its a V8Supercar championship and not a free-for-all.

Just use your common sense please (it's a stretch I know...)
This shouldn't have to go the way of the livery.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1771852)   #934
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrodemus
Absolutely! We'd be glad to have you on board.

Re types of car, I'm not going to mandate any rules on anything that doesn't affect points. I honestly couldn't care less if someone ran a squadron of Ring-a-Ding Convert-a-Cars (not a suggestion ):

but some people will take umbrage over the fact its a V8Supercar championship and not a free-for-all.

Just use your common sense please (it's a stretch I know...)
This shouldn't have to go the way of the livery.
Forget the chryslers - I want one of those!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1772301)   #935
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear. And to keep with the trend (and being a Swede), I enter three Swedish cars

Team: AWR Saab Motorsport
Car: Saab 9-3
Drivers:
#50 Cameron McConville ($1,200,000)
#14 Brad Jones ($800,000)
#20 Marcus Marshall ($500,000)
I've got Photoshop at my school - livery will take a while - but this picture sort of give you the idea.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1772597)   #936
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good to hear. And to keep with the trend (and being a Swede), I enter three Swedish cars

Team: AWR Saab Motorsport
Car: Saab 9-3
Drivers:
#50 Cameron McConville ($1,200,000)
#14 Brad Jones ($800,000)
#20 Marcus Marshall ($500,000)
I've got Photoshop at my school - livery will take a while - but this picture sort of give you the idea.
I didnt know SAAB made sucha cool looking car
Old 26 Nov 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1775501)   #937
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 27 Racing Press Release

A solid result from the team covered up the fact that it was a case of "what could have been" for Will "Lucky" Davison. If he hadn't been been involved in three incidents that weren't his fault he could have had a top 5 finish for the round. The team are now carrying out a last-minute purge of mirrors, ladders and black cats in a desperate attempt to get rid of his bad luck.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1775680)   #938
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vodafone Team Racing Curses The Sands And Soils Of Bahrain

"Some weekends you win, some you don't," said a dissapointed team boss Josh Chatwin after Vodafone Team Racing's abismal showing at the Desert 400 in Bahrain.

"All three of our drivers got caught up in mishaps in separate races. Rick Kelly and Mark Winterbottom even took each other out!"

The team is expected to drown their sorrows with a successful Phillip Island campaign in the final round of the V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 27 Nov 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1775705)   #939
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
6th Gear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS-Orrcon racing (Supercheap auto racing) will not be running Jamie Whincup or Lee Holdsworth at Phillip Island... this call comes as Jamie Whincup stood down from Phillip Island from an injury, We have given Jamie a 95% chance of him returning to our team next year whoever sponsors us, Craig Lowndes will replace Jamie. In the wake of this we have sacked Lee Holdsworth for his "Backpacking and DNF'ing" In Lee's replacement will be The car #39 Driver I thing is Shane Price because he replaces Alan Gurr/Fabian Coulthard at $300 000.

The Bigpond Grand Finale' line up is.........

#9 Mark Winterbottom-Ford BA Falcon
#11 Craig Lowndes-Ford BA Falcon
#23 Shane Price-Ford AU Falcon

These 3 ex-Steve Ellery Racing cars will be running their last races for 6th Gear Race Engineering Pty. Ltd.

Cheers,
Robert Barn
Team Manager
6th Gear Race Engineering Pty. Ltd.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1775824)   #940
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Saab unveils first of the 9-5s
While the Saab 9-3 is a good car it is still GT-spec and not up to V8 Supercars standards. Saab has now finished the first of the 9-5 Aeros, the Shell Helix 9-5 Aero V8 for Brad Jones.

Last edited by Jimmy Magnusson; 27 Nov 2006 at 11:46.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1775836)   #941
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Looking good there Jimmy. Nice work.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1776107)   #942
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gear
The car #39 Driver I thing is Shane Price because he replaces Alan Gurr/Fabian Coulthard at $300 000.

The Bigpond Grand Finale' line up is.........

#23 Shane Price-Ford AU Falcon
Shane Price is worth $500,000 (see the Enduro price list), which unfortunately puts you marginally over budget.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1776122)   #943
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
While the Saab 9-3 is a good car it is still GT-spec and not up to V8 Supercars standards. Saab has now finished the first of the 9-5 Aeros, the Shell Helix 9-5 Aero V8 for Brad Jones.

Chrome headlamp surrounds!

Theres something wrong with your taillights, may I ask how you made your whole template?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1776128)   #944
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
looks like the bottom half is a VT Commadore, but, great livery!
Old 28 Nov 2006, 02:04 (Ref:1776302)   #945
6th Gear
Racer

Australia
Townsville, QLD
6th Gear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrodemus
Shane Price is worth $500,000 (see the Enduro price list), which unfortunately puts you marginally over budget.
Shane is out of a drive then Antro,

Here is the revised Bigpond Grand Finale' line up.........

Old 28 Nov 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1776307)   #946
Sweet Hog
Rookie

Sweet Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my new drivers are
#888 Craig Lowndes
#88 Jason Richards

Holden VE Commodore
Old 28 Nov 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1776412)   #947
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattA1
Chrome headlamp surrounds!

Theres something wrong with your taillights, may I ask how you made your whole template?
Yes, I couldn't quite figure out how to do them. The template was based on the Saab 9-5 technical overview from the Swedish homepage. It had some measurement lines crossing the taillights that I removed, but I didn't know quite what to do there.
Bottom half is a combination of a VX front bumper and sideskirt and a VY back bumper and rear wing.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1776430)   #948
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

nice work Jimmy.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1781870)   #949
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Jetstar Racing Bahrain PR

TEAM JETSTAR RACING PRESS RELEASE

Team Jetstar Racing had a excellent round at Bahrain with the team again scoring a overall round podium and a round win.

Team Manager Alecx said " Well with a win in the deserts of Bahrain we are excited to have our second podium result with Jason, after a excellent Tasmanian Round. Jose got into trouble in the first race which ruined a good result.

"We hope that we can keep this winning streak going at PI hopefully, it is going to be interesting with it being the championship contendering round."

She went on to say " We went partying the other night and it was a big night, and lets hope the next time we go out partying its to celebrate winning the championship.

--------------------------------------

P.s Wheres the results for Bahrain, ive searched and cant find any....

Last edited by Prickly_Goo; 4 Dec 2006 at 19:04.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1781880)   #950
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Jetstar Racing Pre-PI PR

TEAM JETSTAR RACING PRESS RELEASE

Team Jetstar Racing are looking forward to Phillip Island, coming off the back of a round win in the Middle East. With Jose Fernandez and Warren Luff racing their final races for Team Jetstar, and it will be sad to see them go.

Team Manager Alecx said " With Jose and Warren racing in their last races for Team Jetstar, talks are under way to secure them both for next season along with our new driver Jason Bright.

She went on to say this" Well Phillip Island is an ok track, we have had some pretty decent results there. We will just wait and see what happens and take it from there."