Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Oct 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1130731)   #26
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, u cannot expect 8 cars, going 10/10ths, all within a few feet of each other, to go round a gravel bend without any contact. It just isn't possible.

Also i think that the marshals have got to report anything that they think is "deliberate contact" to block another drive or to push someone out the way.

Unfortunatlly, incidents like dave bellerby's at lydden are pure racing incidents and cannot be avoided.

si
Old 21 Oct 2004, 17:35 (Ref:1130945)   #27
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be someone or somewhere drivers can go to get their feelings aired and acted upon. There seems to be too many good and sensible people who are feeling p....d off for this to be just a case of sour grapes because you haven't won. From what I am picking up the feeling is that lots of you just want to go out there and have some good old fashioned enjoyment, get the adrenalin rush, come home wash the car and take it out next time in almost the same condition as when you left home. Not too much to ask is it?
Come on all of you in positions of power within the sport who read these pages, start sorting out the persistant offenders so that we may keep the good ones who may be thinking of leaving. We can't afford to loose them!!!!!!
Old 21 Oct 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1131191)   #28
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just read all the comments from this thread, and reading between the lines, most people are fed up. As far as i am concerned, regarding the gentlemans
question, "change your mind", I asked a direct question to Kirk Twyman, "tell me something that would change my mind about not competing next year, convince me!!" He couldnt tell me anything new, just the usual bla..bla..bla from the meeting that the drivers reps had at mondello.
To date, nothing has been said or done to make me reconsider my move away from rallycross.
As a result, this now means that you lose two drivers, as I pay for my sons racing, he will not be racing either.
We had a plan, that he would race the british championship next year, and me doing the clubmans events, but not now.
I have sold one car to an irishman, but not the 106 yet, so untill this car is sold, I could return, once sold..sorry, but goodbye.
I have to say a thank you for all the friends I have met competing in rally cross, and the support during my brief time here on ten-tenths.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1131768)   #29
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to see you go mr-atspeed. You will be missed by some of us.
So far this year we've spent just over £1000 in replacement wings, doors etc and having them sprayed.
Last year we had to build a new car as the old one was written off.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1131857)   #30
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Must echo Twiglet's comments, some of us will miss Mr- atspeed,a new face with a wealth of experience from a dirrerenr discipline who mixed it with the established front runners. The really sad thing is that we will be losing an up and comimg talent in Mr-atspeed junior.
BertMk 2 has it spot on. Exclusion from a meeting which has to count towards your score would make a few people think. Harsh but something has to be done to rein in the few.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1131860)   #31
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
dirrerenr???????
meant 'different' dyslexic fingers
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1131894)   #32
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When marshals are out on track we do not report what we think we see. We report what we see and only what we see.

Last edited by Queen; 22 Oct 2004 at 12:49.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1131900)   #33
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Atspeed,

What did you think of the driving standards in Ireland?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1132024)   #34
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You loose your points from that event and have to count the zero at the end if done for DANGEROUS or CARELESS driving, however, they never are. It always seems to be driving in an unsafe manner that people are done for. No real punishment as everyone is saying.

Last edited by TWIGLET; 22 Oct 2004 at 14:50.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1132098)   #35
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Queen
I don't think that anyone is having a go at the marshals, you all do a splendid job, without you there would be no rallycross, but I think what Twiglet is getting at is that if one or two people were done for Dangerous or Careless driving, and lost points, then it may make everyone sit up and take notice. As I said earlier, harsh but it may be the thing that is needed to make the difference.
Lets hope we can have an incident free weekend at Brands and may the best man win. ( so long as they are the ones I selected ) Look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 16:31 (Ref:1132139)   #36
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know nobody was having a go at marshals

Last edited by Queen; 22 Oct 2004 at 16:32.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1132177)   #37
BlooBook
Rookie

BlooBook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost 8 months away from the sport, and it seems the same ol' arguments....
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1132264)   #38
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, hows the water going? im sure you dont get much damage out there
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1132273)   #39
BlooBook
Rookie

BlooBook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only to my self esteem, 'ted!! Been for an unplanned swim a few times......
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1132285)   #40
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Its about time you joined the orange team again.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1132306)   #41
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
send me ur email, i know u changed it!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1133851)   #42
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Matti Alamaki
Mr Atspeed,

What did you think of the driving standards in Ireland?
I think that the driving, from the drivers seat, was good, apart from the couple of incidents I have already mentioned.
For sure, these bad incidents only seem to happen when a few drivers get in the traffic.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1134277)   #43
Cap't
Rookie

Cap't should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of thisd thread seems to be about slagging people off instead of putting their efforts into improving rallycross. if all this energy had been put together constructively think how wonderful rallycross would be today. easy to walk away. harder to stay and do something CONSTRUCTIVE.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 01:17 (Ref:1134418)   #44
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
Carlos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first season in stockhatch and I have found a few things a real eye opener. Although at times I have been quite abusive to tyre walls, I have not charged or intentialy hit another car, however after one incident when I was hit in the side going through a corner an experianced driver said after the race "you should have kept your foot in and shoved him out the way". Sorry if this next bit makes me sound like an ametuer but NO. this cant be the attitude to take can it? I have heard this kind of thing from a few drivers. I just want to turn up, have a realy good race, try and feel good about how ive raced and take my car home in a reasonable state. Normal race contact is fine and bumper to bumper racing is briliant, Just dont punt me of for fun or because the adrenalins pumping and I wont do it to you.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 09:10 (Ref:1134685)   #45
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Carlos!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:02 (Ref:1136105)   #46
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Cap't
All of thisd thread seems to be about slagging people off instead of putting their efforts into improving rallycross. if all this energy had been put together constructively think how wonderful rallycross would be today. easy to walk away. harder to stay and do something CONSTRUCTIVE.
It's not "Slagging" any one it is directing constuctive Critisism at the peolple who won't listen to us. This is the only place people have to vent there anger on this matter.

There is one very constuctive idea running through this hole thread if you read it. Drivers want people properly punished for dangerous driving to stamp out whats happening at the moment.
Harder to take action than talk a good fight
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1136145)   #47
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Well said Roundy Mooney.
Just hope that the people who need to hear are listening.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1137042)   #48
Cap't
Rookie

Cap't should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic that people want this to happen. What would be people's idea's to stamp out this type of driving. I agree that the standards of some are bad and that exclusions should happen when a clear cut bad manouvre has been done. Then published at the meeting the exclusion and why. people might start to behave. really bad on the trailer and off home. That's better than points has more effect and seen it done at other racing. See thwe people who should be listening ARE. Good to see my message stirred at least a couple of you. Whats your suggestions then?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1137107)   #49
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cap't -

The power to implement the changes that most of the drivers want - i.e. effective penalties for cr*p driving & effective policing of technical regs - lies entirely with the officials of the meeting.

Crucial is the role of Clerk-of-the-Course. It's he (or she) who makes the decision to apply an appropriate penalty. The Clerk's decision depends very much on the reports of marshalls and observers concerning on-track incidents & scrutineers concerning eligibilty. It should not depend on other competitors making protests.

At each meeting the Clerk has at least one assistant and a deputy. Surely these officials could spend more time observing and hopefully make objective reports of what they see.

I would hope that the drivers representatives for each of the classes would continue to exert what constructive pressure they can to lobby organisers to take note of the views of the majority of competitors, so that as many as possible can go home after a meeting feeling satisfied rather than disgruntled.

Keep talking to the people who make the sport happen - the drivers - & try to make sure that their views are heard.

Good luck at Brands.

Roy
Old 27 Oct 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1137568)   #50
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Welcome to 10-10ths Cap't. And about time too. Well said Roy