Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3098527)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Now that I think about it, I think Ayse's right...it was down at Mulsanne I was having signal issues.
It was strange. If I bent my head to the left, I got the French commentary. To the right, some guy playing the piano...... Now we Team DoT members know full well that Trussers is multi-talented, but I was really impressed with his tinkling of the ivories.....
Old 26 Jun 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3098528)   #27
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It was strange. If I bent my head to the left, I got the French commentary. To the right, some guy playing the piano......
Haha, i can picture you sitting and tipping your head right to left and back again
Old 26 Jun 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3098535)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good neck exercise though......
Old 27 Jun 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3098810)   #29
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
THe non-ten-tenths member of our party found the tannoy interfering with his radio at times.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3098820)   #30
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just found the tannoy annoying. The sound quality is rubbish, I found it virtually impossible to understand when I didn't have my radio on and it almost drowned out my radio if I got too close when I did have it on. Don't know why they bother. There is a radio service in French and English, surely that's enough?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3098831)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The only ear protection I need from RLM is when Hindy looses it !!!
Old 28 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3099633)   #32
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hav ethought that the RLM reception has been getting poorer over the past couple of years, especially in the area of T34. I keep thinking of upgrading radios but then wonder if that would be a waste of effort.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3099714)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wasted effort I seem to remember , it was that way years ago , afaik , its a signal issue .
Old 29 Jun 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3099950)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I never had any trouble at all with my radio in all the years I sat in T34.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3100988)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

OMG , T34 , your getting Americanized mate !!! Where would that be then .

I seem to remember signal strength being an issue back in the early 90's ?
Old 3 Jul 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3101415)   #36
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badger, T34 - grandstand over the pits near the podium.

A couple of guys have mentioned the in ear 'buds' style of earphones so may get a set and try them out at the Silverstone Classic.

Any reasonably priced recommendations???
Old 3 Jul 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3101416)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sennheiser cx300s are the go-to good quality excellent sound quality ones that you can use for music and not be offended by the mess it makes of your favourite record, but they tend to be cheaper off a (reputable) amazon seller than in a shop.

you don't want ones like that come with an ipod or that just sit in your ears, you want ones that do properly seal your ear canal thingy. they work an absolute treat and you can still hear the commentary clearly in one ear and have a decent conversation in the other if that's your strategy.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3101417)   #38
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike007 View Post
Badger, T34 - grandstand over the pits near the podium.

A couple of guys have mentioned the in ear 'buds' style of earphones so may get a set and try them out at the Silverstone Classic.

Any reasonably priced recommendations???
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sennheiser cx300s are the go-to good quality excellent sound quality ones that you can use for music and not be offended by the mess it makes of your favourite record, but they tend to be cheaper off a (reputable) amazon seller than in a shop.

you don't want ones like that come with an ipod or that just sit in your ears, you want ones that do properly seal your ear canal thingy. they work an absolute treat and you can still hear the commentary clearly in one ear and have a decent conversation in the other if that's your strategy.
I'll recommend Denon . I got a pair of C560R, love them.
But In-Ears quality is a very much up to the person who listen. I have tried pairs which are much more expensive than the Denon's and i felt they where worse.
Go to a store where you can try them, before buying them
Old 2 May 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3241738)   #39
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello! Is is possible to buy the radio for RLM at Le Mans town? at some computer shop maybe? Or maybe some of you have the used or new radio, which you dont really need and would like to sell to me?
If you can recommend where to go, please do so, I'll really appreciate it!

I can buy radio set from the internet site like ebay, but I fear, that it's already too late, because Russian postal service is terrible for the last few months and it's very likely I shall not receive them before I leave my hometown on June 12th.
Old 2 May 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3241791)   #40
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov View Post
Hello! Is is possible to buy the radio for RLM at Le Mans town? at some computer shop maybe? Or maybe some of you have the used or new radio, which you dont really need and would like to sell to me?
If you can recommend where to go, please do so, I'll really appreciate it!

I can buy radio set from the internet site like ebay, but I fear, that it's already too late, because Russian postal service is terrible for the last few months and it's very likely I shall not receive them before I leave my hometown on June 12th.
Last year the RLM radio's were available on site. You will see people selling them behind the grandstands on the opposite side of the pits.
Old 2 May 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3241803)   #41
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Last year the RLM radio's were available on site. You will see people selling them behind the grandstands on the opposite side of the pits.
They sell them everywhere - Even inside the camps!
Old 3 May 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3241968)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You can buy small radio's with ear pieces at the supermarkets very cheaply, I still use an old sony i have had for many years but am looking to buy a set of the muff type ones this year