Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Feb 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3211578)   #1
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rouen Warning

Folks

I picked this up on another forum and posted on our FaceBook page, if this is old news, apologies.

And here is a warning for all those of you who might want to travel down to Le Mans to support us and try and pass through Rouen.

Although it's a few months away yet, just a reminder to those planning to travel via Rouen that there will be serious diversions in place. One of the main bridges is out of action as they are having to completely remove and rebuild one of the spans - taking an estimated 55 weeks. (estimated to be ready in April 2014)

See this for the reasons why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6zgZKKDg7s
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmioULp_KZo

Last edited by Samoan Attorney; 27 Feb 2013 at 10:45.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3211583)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3211594)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had heard something about it but those video's show just how serious it was, looks like my short cut through the centre of rouen might not be practical this year so will have to use the ring road
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3211613)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We will use the Pont de Brotonne as usual
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3211617)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
which route is that one, the ring road or central rouen
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3211626)   #6
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Arse
Quote:
That would be my 1st choice as well - but if becomes everbody's option & has reports of too much traffic I would carry on out west to the next one. Tancarville.
Even the big dogleg out to Le Havre & the pont de Normandie is a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Carry on to Le Harve when the autoroute divides North of Rouen, then drop South at junction 9 once you get West of Rouen. Not too difficult, but it is small roads and roundabouts for a while.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 27 Feb 2013 at 12:14.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3211630)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Neither - you switch to the A29 north of Rouen to Yvetot then go round the ring road head south on the D131 / 490 heading south - if you want you can rejoin the Autoroute at Bourg Achard
Old 27 Feb 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3211632)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Neither - you switch to the A29 north of Rouen to Yvetot then go round the ring road head south on the D131 / 490 heading south - if you want you can rejoin the Autoroute at Bourg Achard
I think that is the old route we used many years ago, not been that way for 15 years or so
Old 27 Feb 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3211771)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks!
Old 28 Feb 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3212436)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not on our route, but thanks for the heads up!
Old 2 Mar 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3213194)   #11
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the heads up, to be honest we'll be glad of an excuse not to go through Rouen
Old 3 Apr 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3228528)   #12
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I had to pass through Rouen last week, and believe me, it's better to get an alternative road: 1 and a half hour the first time, one hour the second time. Not to mention the approximative signs...
I you can, plan other roads...
Old 3 Apr 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3228741)   #13
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My 'plan' is to leave the A28 to the north of Rouen, and follow the A29 westwards. At some point my loyal sat nav will tell me to head south to cross the river on the D490, before rejoining the A28 to the south west of Rouen.
Any reason I shouldn't try this?
Old 3 Apr 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3228788)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I will use Via michelin to plan a route avoiding Rouen then
Old 5 Apr 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3229479)   #15
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm avoiding Rouen by using the Portsmouth - Le Havre ferry