Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3224378)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What Are You Looking Out For At LM 2013?

There are a few things I will be keeping an eye on, some big and obvious, others more personal.

GTE Pro: Europe vs USA. I really hope the Vipers and Manthey 911s can hack it against the established cars. This battle looks great on paper, let's hope it works out that way.

LMP2: HPDs in the dark. There was lots of flaming overrun at Sebring, and I do like a flaming exhaust. Arnage should do it.

GTE Am: Patrick Dempsey. My better half is a Grey's Anatomy obsessive, so a Friday pit walk photo would go down well.

The ex-F1 new boys, Senna and Kobayashi. Will they get the LM bug?

The sound of the first racing car I hear, whatever it is. Always a special moment.

Showing my brother around, on his first visit.

How about you?
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3224393)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
On tuesday evening there's an autograph session in the pits. A lot less people than on friday, and a pic and an autograph will earn you a lot of brownie points I reckon!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3224401)   #3
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn. Don't get there until Wednesday.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3224404)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I might be tempted to get you an autograph in exchange for a few beers
Old 25 Mar 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3224436)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to get there for the Tuesday autograph session but routinely we get there a couple of hours too late.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3224482)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What am i looking forward to
A good race
meeting old and new friends
having a good time
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3224485)   #7
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I might be tempted to get you an autograph in exchange for a few beers
Sounds like a plan. I might have to look out for a thirsty Dutch person too. I believe they are widely available at La Sarthe.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3224489)   #8
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Ok then. Remind me a week or so before and I'll get you the autograph. I will be there in the pits any way for the cars as it is much quieter than on friday. I am not interested in the autographs myself but can take care of this for you and your brownie points.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3224492)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

excellent.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3224547)   #10
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A good race
having a good time
Those are on my top 3 too. Nr. 4: sunny weather, high 20's in temperature.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3224570)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race and Ten-Tenths friends .

In the race it's Audi vs. Toyota for me, and then cheering on all Danes. (Hoping for a Dane on top of all the podiums! Tom K, Heinemeier-Hanson, Magnussen and the AMR GTE-AM Danish)
Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3224617)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A good race
having a good time

That about says it all for me.......

As I am no longer the Weather Lord, I pass no comment on that subject.....
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3224789)   #13
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Nr. 1 - The holiday Le Mans allways is, meeting good friends, having a good time
Nr. 2 - Cheering on the Toyota's (Doh!)
Nr. 3 - Cheering on the new Vipers and Porsches
Old 26 Mar 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3224870)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm looking out for a diversion around Rouen.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3224872)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm looking out for a diversion around Rouen.
Rouen was once quite a large port so i am sure you will find something appropriate there but you might miss the race
Old 26 Mar 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3224884)   #16
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I am no longer the Weather Lord, I pass no comment on that subject.....
Ayse by my reckoning since I've been going we've had 18 dry racedays (inc 2 pretty cold ones) and 6 wet ones most in the 2000's so they way its looking we are following the pattern we got in the 90's which was just 2 wet years in that decade. So its going to be dry.........
Old 26 Mar 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3225119)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Ayse by my reckoning since I've been going we've had 18 dry racedays (inc 2 pretty cold ones) and 6 wet ones most in the 2000's so they way its looking we are following the pattern we got in the 90's which was just 2 wet years in that decade. So its going to be dry.........
DON'T JINX IT MAN!!!
If it rains this year, I will hold Mal and YOU responsible
Old 26 Mar 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3225123)   #18
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
DON'T JINX IT MAN!!!
If it rains this year, I will hold Mal and YOU responsible
Also, I want my first Le Mans experience to be a dry one (meteorologically speaking), so I WILL join the blame game if it rains.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3225134)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm with Steptoe. The man clearly knows what he's talking about.......
Old 26 Mar 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3225137)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm with Steptoe. The man clearly knows what he's talking about.......
That's it Ayse. You're on the list again
Old 26 Mar 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3225144)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is a long term tradition to blame Ayse if it raims
Old 27 Mar 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3225719)   #22
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 will be my tenth Le Mans. I have been there in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I have never had a really hot one. 2006 must be the closest, and as far as I remember 2009 was pretty ok as well. So, in 2013 it must be time for unlimited sunshine and a lot of heat!
Old 27 Mar 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3225756)   #23
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7 View Post
2013 will be my tenth Le Mans. I have been there in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I have never had a really hot one. 2006 must be the closest, and as far as I remember 2009 was pretty ok as well. So, in 2013 it must be time for unlimited sunshine and a lot of heat!
from memory 2005 and 2000 were the really hot ones so you just missed out
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3226097)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
2000, 2005 and 2013.

Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3226120)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now now Ayse you resigned the position of weather forecaster.