Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3226129)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's true, but I can still have an opinion......
Old 28 Mar 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3226162)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
2000, 2005 and 2013.

You heard it here first.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3226165)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's true, but I can still have an opinion......
Well opinion it might be but I will be bringing the sun hat, sun glasses and shorts.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3226193)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well opinion it might be but I will be bringing the sun hat, sun glasses and shorts.
And wellingtons, just so we don't jinx it
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3226290)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, absolutely not. I've never taken wellies in 27 trips.......
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3226293)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, absolutely not. I've never taken wellies in 27 trips.......
Never bother with wellies, however if i were camping in the lower lying campsites they would be essential
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3226337)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it does rain down there, you're better off with an inflatable dinghy, surely.....?
Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3226423)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If it does rain down there, you're better off with an inflatable dinghy, surely.....?
Well, I got a inflatable mattress, I think it might work
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3226526)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I do remember one year after very heavy rain when a friend found out in the morning that his mattress was actually floating in the morning inside his tent, not surprised when he decided to leave the tent for the gypsy recyclers rather than take it home
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3226581)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I do remember one year after very heavy rain when a friend found out in the morning that his mattress was actually floating in the morning inside his tent, not surprised when he decided to leave the tent for the gypsy recyclers rather than take it home
Sounds like a story I have often heard from Roskilde Festival in Denmark
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3226585)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sounds like a story I have often heard from Roskilde Festival in Denmark
Some years the mud on some of the camp sites makes glastonbury look like a desert, one year whilst camping on what is now houx annex we returned to the camp site to see a lake with the tops of tents visible we were lucky as our tents were higher up.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3226586)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Some years the mud on some of the camp sites makes glastonbury look like a desert, one year whilst camping on what is now houx annex we returned to the camp site to see a lake with the tops of tents visible we were lucky as our tents were higher up.
A sight I never hope to see
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3226591)   #38
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Houx 2010 before the Monsoon:

Houx 2010 some time later:

Old 29 Mar 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3226604)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks goodness it won't be like that this year. You'll be praying for grey skies so you don't get completely sunburned!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3226612)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It was not that bad where we were in TR but I remember days like that in my early years
Old 30 Mar 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3226736)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I seem to recall Sunday afternoon in 1989 and the whole of 1993 as being exceptionally hot.......
Old 30 Mar 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3226747)   #42
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I seem to recall Sunday afternoon in 1989 and the whole of 1993 as being exceptionally hot.......
So that's what set fire to so many Porsches in the '89 race?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3226748)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh yes there have been plenty of hot ones over the last 28 years and some that have been so hot you had to keep looking for shade and cold drinks
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3226926)   #44
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's family legend that my parents bought some Camembert from the Super U at Arnage in 1989 for lunch. They didn't finish it, left it in the car and forgot about it until they came back after the race had finished. Apparently the car never recovered from the smell...

2000 and 2005, from my point of view, were the ones that really were hot. In 2000 I got very hot and fell very ill and I was sick on the Sunday morning, and in 2005 I remember we could barely watch any of the race from our seats in the ACO grandstand because even in the shade, the heat was unbearable for more than a few minutes at a time. I remember seeing some down on the terraces really struggling that year and I did, unfortunately, see a young woman who had collapsed because of it. 2002 and 2003 weren't exactly chilly either. Those LMs stick in my mind more than the wet ones.

Ideally, you want something in the low 20s, with a bit of cloud perhaps at night to stop the temperature dropping. 2004 was perfect from memory in terms of weather. Last year, I found myself wearing gloves, hat and a snood to keep myself warm at sunrise.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3226929)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Last year, I found myself wearing gloves, hat and a snood to keep myself warm at sunrise.

You needed a full thermal suit at sunrise in 2011..... Coldest ever.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3226932)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You needed a full thermal suit at sunrise in 2011..... Coldest ever.
Invested in some longjohns today off the back of the last two years at Le Mans. Hopefully I won't need to don them but they could get some mileage at Oulton on Monday and then Silverstone in a few weeks.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3226944)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I wore mine during the night last year and will definitely be taking them to Silverstone!
Old 30 Mar 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3227055)   #48
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I followed good advice from here, and brought along LongJohns (Skiing underwear in Denmark) which I wore through the night!, something which I was quite happy with when I sat in the ACO grandstand in the very early morning!
Old 31 Mar 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3227148)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
What is the matter with you lot, i wear shorts at le mans and if it gets cold a put on a jumper we are not exploring the south pole
Old 31 Mar 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3227152)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What is the matter with you lot, i wear shorts at le mans and if it gets cold a put on a jumper we are not exploring the south pole
Shorts would probably suffice when you're spending the night hours in your tent.