Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Aug 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4172275)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brands Hatch Indy - Festival Italia 13 August 2023

Classic and Modern Italian machinery, plus a few interlopers (I'm one).

I'll be plodding around in my first race since October 2021! So I just want to keep it on the island, however there's a good range of Alfa Romeo and Ferrari stuff out to play.
Old 13 Aug 2023, 08:18 (Ref:4172437)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Best of luck Pete!!
Old 13 Aug 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4172448)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Best of luck Pete!!
+1
Old 13 Aug 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4172452)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Take no prisoner, Peter, beat 'em all!
Old 14 Aug 2023, 06:52 (Ref:4172658)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol, well I made a blinding start and passed loads of cars off the line. After that it was pretty average. Couldn't get any rhythm so kept making rookie errors at Bottom Bend and twice at Paddock. The nature of the circuit means that if you do make a mistake at one corner you'll never make the time up.

Hey ho, I got a black and white flag for track limits (Bottom Bend) so I pulled into the pits which lost me around five places.

So, the upshot is I started 24th and finished 23rd.

It was good to be back in the saddle, I've entered the Silverstone race in October might look at doing something before then though.

Also had a good chat with Gary Harman.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 07:04 (Ref:4172661)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hey ho, I got a black and white flag for track limits (Bottom Bend) so I pulled into the pits which lost me around five places.
Can't believe this! As a gentle reminder: https://www.autosport.com/national/n...june/10473361/ Good to see you back on (and slightly out) track, Peter.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4172665)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Couldn't get any rhythm so kept making rookie errors at Bottom Bend and twice at Paddock. The nature of the circuit means that if you do make a mistake at one corner you'll never make the time up.

Peter, I know that the profile of Bottom Bend - yes, I still call it that, too - has been changed considerably since I raced, however having raced at Brands countless times as well as hours and hours of open testing sessions there, I never, ever managed to find the correct line to take through there. So, I really feel your pain.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 09:21 (Ref:4172687)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Gearing is important. The MG is at around 6k in second but only 4k in third so to kick the back out you have to go in slowly and floor it. Whenever I tried it I caught a slower car on the exit but on a clear lap it works and you don't get track limit problems. Lesson learned.
Old 16 Aug 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4172987)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just been watching a video from Richard Merrell's Alfa - there were some serious speed discrepancies in that race.....I think they overtook the Anglia about 7 times Gutted for Richard who was on for a solid second, with a chance of outright win, after a race-long battle with an Elan that was quick in a straight line but oddly slow in some corners, only for an electric issue to cause the power to cut a couple of laps from end, dropping him to 10th or 11th.
Old 16 Aug 2023, 13:15 (Ref:4172992)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The guy with the Anglia hadn't driven it before and he had a novice cross. It's a 1200 but I don't know what crank they are using since the owner and the prep man didn't know. I think the engine is made by DIMOC?

He was only revving it to 5k.

Perhaps Gordon can shed some light?

I passed him about 5 times.