Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Jul 2003, 16:19 (Ref:671942)   #1
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver's Party Update

To clear up an earlier thread regarding the driver's party.

The thread was correct in stating their was an loud arguement but the people involved was not.

Pook from what I was told is in Europe right now. Can not confirm this but he hasn't been seen here as of this morning. What did happen was just as the party got started Tag and Bruno cornered Paul in the mens room where a very loud arguement happen and Paul left the party he was hosting only 15 minutes after it started.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 16:52 (Ref:671962)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, Pook is indeed in Europe (unless he's come back in the last 24 hours).
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Jul 2003, 16:59 (Ref:671968)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
It would make more sense for it to be Tags and Junky... Tags has been super hot lately (tempered that is)...and we all know Bruno. I'm not sure why Cart would put a media gag on this...seems to help Nascar and F1 every time drivers get ****ed at each other. still, they need to use their heads abotu this stuff a bit more.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Jul 2003, 19:36 (Ref:672092)   #4
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see that happening, no problem. I like Tracy. I think he is good for the sport and I would love to see him win the championship this year for several reasons. I also think that the stewards need to enforce the rules so agree with the move.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 20:17 (Ref:672126)   #5
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, Tailwind. PT's been a little TOO big for his brithces this past month and,I think, needed taking down a peg. Being colourful is one thing....IMO, PT was beginning to push the envelope a little too much.
A little wrist slapping never hurt little boys who start feeling their oats, hehe
BTW, thanks for the little tidbits.

Last edited by MLM; 26 Jul 2003 at 20:18.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 20:39 (Ref:672139)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Actually...PT's been pretty cool this season thus far... Tags has been much more tempermental...I being a bit too emotional has been one of his problems. Paul can get set off, but I think someone would have had to set him off.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 20:55 (Ref:672154)   #7
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now if it was only Bruno whining, it would probably have been dismissed, but since it was a host of drivers complaining about one idiot blocking them, not to mention with data to back it up, then it should be looked at closely and that was what happened. But of course PT is a saint and has never done anything wrong in his entire life, so obviously that Euro-w*nker Pook's cronies are out to get him.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 21:12 (Ref:672157)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
corkholio, read the thread over, that wasn't at all what I was getting at. The subject of this thread was a rumoured confrontation between PT, Tags and Junky - little to do with on track activities (even if that was what sparked it).
Old 26 Jul 2003, 22:04 (Ref:672174)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm.... wonder what'll happen if PT is in 3rd behind the other two at some point tomorrow!!!
Old 26 Jul 2003, 23:42 (Ref:672219)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The person who gave me that information was at that party and personally shook hands with Mr. Pook. Unless he has a stunt double, he was there.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 23:43 (Ref:672220)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No. further comment at this time.

Last edited by Liz; 26 Jul 2003 at 23:44.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 23:47 (Ref:672224)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Must have come back then.... He certainly gets around. I couldn't imagine having the schedule he does and all the travel, meetings, events, discussions, negotiations, ugh... Don't think I could ever do his job.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 00:45 (Ref:672246)   #13
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must correct my first post. Pook was indeed at the party and there was a arguement between him and Paul. This was brought up by a journalist at the press conference this afternoon. Paul spoke about the incident and about his feelings.

Paul fells that he was the only one to support and defend CART last year.Now CART is show no support for him. The media will have field day with this one.

Sorry for the mis-information as I thought my source was reliable.

Last edited by MolsonBoy; 27 Jul 2003 at 00:49.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 00:58 (Ref:672251)   #14
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Pook was standing at the front door of the VIP (not for regular cart fans) party when Paul "momma's boy" Tracy arrived. Momma's Boy refused to shake hands, further solidifying his image of an immature, spoiled brat.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 01:20 (Ref:672256)   #15
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for you Paul, I would not shake his hand either.
People in W^nkerville obiously feel different, that is there perogative.
Like your mother predicted today, go out and win the race. Talk on the road and let the others cry to the race stewarts.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 01:34 (Ref:672259)   #16
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what is your beef with the chief?
Old 27 Jul 2003, 02:23 (Ref:672273)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode in the continuing soap opera: "Days of our Drives."
Old 27 Jul 2003, 02:28 (Ref:672277)   #18
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for Bruno's whining, it's really toned down, and is almost non-existent. In an interview he said something to the extent of "Paul and I are friends and I really respect him", and he didn't complain about the blocking he just explained the situation (very calmly) from his perspective. Not whining this time. Good to see!
Old 27 Jul 2003, 02:40 (Ref:672283)   #19
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite true, all this action is all over the local news today, and it sure looks like Bruno is quite uncomfortable with all this controversy, and would rather not be drawn into PT and Pooks little brouhaha. According to local newscasts, there is supposed to be an interesting story in Sunday mornings Vancouver Province newspaper, the link is here;

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/theprovince/
Old 27 Jul 2003, 13:54 (Ref:672473)   #20
crazytrain
Racer

crazytrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at the Vancouver Province site.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 19:11 (Ref:672615)   #21
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Instead of "Days of our Drives" perhaps "As the Worms Turn" would be more appropo.

I don't get all this sudden dislike for Pook. Before the sason started he was somewhere between sliced bread and the Second Coming as far as good things go, now drivers should not shake his hand?

St. Paul The Innocent has acted like a spoiled brat for years. Now that many of the other drivers had to follow their contracts elsewhere and he is the "name" driver he thinks he can get away with his behavior.

Well I am old enough to remember Mario, Foyt, Rutherford, Mears, Mansell, two of three Unsers, Johncock, etc. These were men who drove with style - had their eye on the checkered flag and believed that there was First Place and No Place. They also were man enough to settle their differences somewhat more privately rather than embarass themselves, the Series and their sport.

If St. Paul The Unfairly Picked On is an example of what the sport "needs more of" than the sport is in a world of trouble.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 21:47 (Ref:672742)   #22
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul is looking for an awefull lot, as pay back for saying a few nice things.