Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jul 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2245609)   #51
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
We followed the LMP2 battle for quite a while and used the incar images of the van Merksteijn Porsche a lot...

All in all a great new piece of equipment and I recon next year,one will have to run to get one(or make reservations in advance).
Old 6 Jul 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2245649)   #52
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the data update was at the pleasure of the ACO - their live timing and scoring was behind all through the race, so I wouldn't blame kangaroo for that.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Jul 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2249301)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really does sound much more impressive than I'd realised. I think I'm gonna need one next year, even if it's only for my night stint!
Old 27 Aug 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2276420)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any more news on this gimmik , does sound like a good deal though .

I suppose in about 20 years time , we will be able to plug a chip into the side of our heads , and extend a head up display from our foreheads .

Like the chip idea though , like the Matrix ..... then I'd be in the driving seat !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 27 Aug 2008 at 17:43.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 04:55 (Ref:2276687)   #55
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Any more news on this gimmik , does sound like a good deal though .

I suppose in about 20 years time , we will be able to plug a chip into the side of our heads , and extend a head up display from our foreheads .

Like the chip idea though , like the Matrix ..... then I'd be in the driving seat !!!
I've been plugging chips into the side of my head for sixty years. I came with a socket specifically designed for it. It's called a mouth and fortunately can accept other plug-ins - wine, beer....

Sometimes, if I've overloaded the socket with wine or beer, I have a head-up display extending from my forehead - or at least it fells like I have.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2277359)   #56
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... I know all about that feeling !!! lmao ..... hate that seedy feeling .
Old 12 Oct 2008, 04:26 (Ref:2309559)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

Hey folks ..... do any of you know if this is used at LMS races , or intend to be used in 2009 ?

Cheers
Old 10 Nov 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2331321)   #58
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
You could also chose a favourite car (out of any of them) and it would up date you every time it crossed the start line with its new lap time.
Does it give the full timing screen too please ?
Old 12 May 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2461076)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone have any news on this for Le Mans 2009? I sat in Lagache last year looking over the shoulder of a bloke with one. I'm slightly tempted....... How much did they cost and for how long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Does it give the full timing screen too please ?

And we could do with an answer to Badger's now rather old question.....
Old 14 May 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2462398)   #60
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Yes it does. Timing in two separate screens,If I recall correctly.

In car images were something like 8 or 10 cars,with no possibillity to change cams on a specific car,just the view from the drivers seat.(again,if I recall correctly)

Costs were €80,- with a €280,- deposit. This included two batteries.(when reserved,the deposit was €250,-)
Old 14 May 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2462494)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

Cant see then doing great business this year , cuz the pound sterling has dropped a hell of a lot .

Any idea of the cost of this kewl machine for the week , this year please ?
Old 16 May 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2463395)   #62
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Cant see then doing great business this year , cuz the pound sterling has dropped a hell of a lot .

Any idea of the cost of this kewl machine for the week , this year please ?
You can arrange it online for 80 euro for the week at www.kangaroo.tv

Then you just have to pick it up, deposit through your credit card.
Old 16 May 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2463458)   #63
The Badger
Veteran

Yep , done .

Im looking forward to seeing what exactly this new little device can do . It can only make the race more enjoyable .
Old 17 May 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2464200)   #64
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I recall seeing the maps of where the coverage is for this but they seem to have disapeared out of the thread.

Anyone know where to get an updated map of the coverage for 2009?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 May 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2464327)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
I recall seeing the maps of where the coverage is for this but they seem to have disapeared out of the thread.

It is heavily advertised on the ACO website with a link to all the details there.
Old 18 May 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2464403)   #66
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post

Basically the KangarooTV works fine in the area from Tertre Rouge until the bottom of MB, at least that's what it did last year.

So no reception at Arnage and Mulsanne and iirc it didn't work on Beausejour either.

It's well worth the money imo if you want to keep up with what is happening on track but don't want to walk around with Radio Le Mans on your earplugs for 24 hours.
Old 21 May 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2466647)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

Right ..... its now ordered .

Anyone know where abouts the Kangaroo TV stand is ..... same place as last year ?

Do you get a charge pack so you can charge up your spare batteries , or must you take the flat one back to the pickup point and get a new one ?

Cheers
Old 22 May 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2466918)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I see Kangaroo TV are now advertising on the ten-tenths pop ups.
Old 22 May 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2467124)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

The Kangaroo TV will be available for pick-up from June 10th and must be returned after the race on June 14th.

The kiosk locations will be emailed to clients 1 week prior to the event (we will have 2 kiosks in 2009, 1 of which will be in a similar location to our kiosk last year – Still finalizing these locations with ACO). The device will be ready to go and equipped with a set of earbuds, a spare battery (avg life of 6 hours), a wall charger and carrying bag. In addition, due to the nature of the event, you can stop by our kiosks at anytime to swap your old batteries for new ones.

I just got this back from them .
Old 22 May 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2467207)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm becoming more and more tempted - that could be just the thing to keep me going during the night....
Old 22 May 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2467229)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

Well , anything that can make the Le mans experiance even better than it already is , is worth a try I reckon ..... plus , when your out on the track , your not always near a TV display , and you can watch the action when your having a bite to eat back at the camp site .

I reckon its worth it , but I will post my thoughts about it when I get back from the little green field in France .

Hey Ayse , what happened to your annual weather thread mate ?
Old 22 May 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2467235)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Hey Ayse , what happened to your annual weather thread mate ?

I don't recall ever starting a weather thread - others always tempted fate instead. I've no intention of starting it, but so we all know, local resident Batmobile has promised to keep us updated.
Old 23 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2467516)   #73
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'd love to get this, but being based out at Arnage it's a real pain it won't work there. If you are based around the main part of the circuit I reckon this is a better option than a tribune ticket.
Old 26 May 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2469833)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

Ive booked this gadget ..... but have now heard that there may be no english coverage , as advertised ?

That will **** me off and I may decide to cancel if its a load of bull ?

Any truth out there please ?
Old 26 May 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2469860)   #75
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
Ive booked this gadget ..... but have now heard that there may be no english coverage , as advertised ?

That will **** me off and I may decide to cancel if its a load of bull ?

Any truth out there please ?
For what it's worth Badger those are rumours and indeed they are for now just a load of bull. ;-)

Why some here and elsewhere are spreading these rumours nobody knows but it might have something to do with some kind of friction between Kangaroo TV and the party that is or was supposed to supply the English coverage.

I'm sure there will be English coverage at Le Mans if not you can always cancel KTV as they promised to get you that.

More on this in the RLM thread