Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2711301)   #26
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was quality stuff as usual. It felt like there were less breaks for updates and interruptions than in previous years, just more quality commentary and no fluff
Old 14 Jun 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2712188)   #27
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I would just like to say a massive thank you to ALL at Radio Le Mans for once again supplying the best coverage at the tarck, over the net.Kangeroo etc etc ...of the Worlds Greatest Motor Race.

Eve(yes she does come first) John and the rest of you guys, FAN tastic stuff....the dedication that you put in, to providing up to the minute coverage from the circuit is without doubt second to none....and its very clear that the passion that you all share for this event comes across in bundles!! You clearly all love it and THAT is what makes you so good at it

Having now been in the "Crows nest" I can tell you all,,,that it is not that glamourous at all (very little room believe me) and these guys provide the circuit and the world that wants to listen a fantastic service that I honestly dont know what we would all do without it!

WELL DONE ALL AT RLM and a BIG BIG THANK YOU
Old 14 Jun 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2712203)   #28
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I fell asleep at 2am listening to the American chap. (Forgot his name! ) and woke up at about 7 some time to hear him still going!

Thanks guys, unless my french improves I can't think of a better way to follow the race. Though saying that I probably would keep listening anyway...

If i'm not going next year then like last year I'll have it on as long as I can to compensate eurosports questionable coverage...
Old 14 Jun 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2712204)   #29
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also a thank you from me. Le Mans would not be the same without you.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2712211)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awesome job again! The house was awfully quiet on Sunday without the RLM guys chattering away. Looking forward to Hindy waking me up (waaay too early) on Sat. morning at Petit.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2712321)   #31
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An awesome job done by RLM! They make me follow the 24h-races even more hours than I used to do !
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2712465)   #32
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I second every word of praise to everybody at RLM. The enthusiasm and professionalism is second to none and all the presenters have that happy knack of leaving you with the feeling that they're talking JUST to you.
Thanks Eve and the guys - you really are the best.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2712498)   #33
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I have to echo the sentiments already posted here, the RLM commentary was superb. We had Hindy and Co going strong for the whole race. Although we had TV coverage here in Australia for a good portion of the race, the young bloke (he was up for 30 hours in total) and I, went with live streaming and RLM, so we didn't have to put up with what was dished up on ONEHD, lengthy ad breaks, etc. I believe they took a commercial break on the last lap.
Hindy certainly went a bit over the top (justifiably IMO) with the Corvette/ Peugeot incident, when he got stuck into Davidson. That was gold. I have to get a replay of that.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2712501)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For those of us on the campsites, the whole RLM production was very appreciated, both during the race and particularly before, when sheltering from the rain the guys at least kept us informed of not only what was happening but cheered us up with predictions of a dry race that turned out to be correct. Congratulations to the team and guests for good show.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2726105)   #35
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Anybody who was at the Le Mans Classic last weekend couldn't fail to be impressed and entertained by the team at RLM.
As I posted on another thread, it's not the easiest (!) race, or set of races to commentate on but the constant stream of chat, anecdotes and humour was an event in itself and I'm still chuckling 2/3 days afterwards. Well done guys
Old 13 Jul 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2726244)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Yes, I have to echo the sentiments already posted here, the RLM commentary was superb. We had Hindy and Co going strong for the whole race. Although we had TV coverage here in Australia for a good portion of the race, the young bloke (he was up for 30 hours in total) and I, went with live streaming and RLM, so we didn't have to put up with what was dished up on ONEHD, lengthy ad breaks, etc. I believe they took a commercial break on the last lap.
Hindy certainly went a bit over the top (justifiably IMO) with the Corvette/ Peugeot incident, when he got stuck into Davidson. That was gold. I have to get a replay of that.

The mp3s are available to download on the RLM site. I'm 16 hours in listening to them for the first time in the car.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2726860)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I was delighted , as usual with RLM coverage .

Just one thing bugged me a little . I arrived on Wednesday , and had to listen to several repeats of the previous show , several times a day .

What happened to a bit variety .

Dont get me wrong , I enjoy RLM and probably would have stopped going to Le Mans , but for them years ago .
Old 17 Jul 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2727957)   #38
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The mp3s are available to download on the RLM site. I'm 16 hours in listening to them for the first time in the car.
Yes, but why is the third hour not available?
Old 17 Jul 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2728064)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have the third hour.......?

The link is there

http://audio.mpix.org.uk/lemans2010/2010_lm24_r3.mp3
Old 17 Jul 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2728188)   #40
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I was delighted , as usual with RLM coverage .

Just one thing bugged me a little . I arrived on Wednesday , and had to listen to several repeats of the previous show , several times a day .

What happened to a bit variety .

Dont get me wrong , I enjoy RLM and probably would have stopped going to Le Mans , but for them years ago .
They did advertise they were starting live coverage as of Thursday, so assume the programmes put out on Wednesday was to test signal strength, etc.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2728259)   #41
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I have the third hour.......?

The link is there

http://audio.mpix.org.uk/lemans2010/2010_lm24_r3.mp3

Thanks.

I was at

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/r...ans/id83115817

which still has no third hour!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2728286)   #42
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got the third hour off iTunes no problem. The biggest thing is that all the hours are mixed up on the list so you have to go through everything very carefully to find it.
keke
(now on the 7th hour, very handy for bank lineups and waiting for buses)
Old 18 Jul 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2728386)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Much easier to get them from RLM......

I'm up to the fascinating '...there definitely was contact...' - '...there may have been contact...' - '...perhaps there wasn't any contact...' - '...no, definitely no contact....' - developing Peugeot/Corvette discussion which I didn't listen to at the time.....
Old 18 Jul 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2728439)   #44
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've subscribed to all podcasts from RLM on iTunes so I have my pick of anything they put out. Works like a charm!
keke
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2729710)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, as long as we're all listening, I guess that's what matters!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2730733)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm into the last hour of the commentary. Duval's Peugeot has just gone bang amidst great despair and despondency in the Oreca pit. This is the third full Le Mans commentary I've now listened to, I did it 8 or 9 times with the 2008, 14 times with last year's commentary (demonstrating that I really do need to get a life) and I suspect I'll be listening to this year's a fair few times (although not as much as last year as my journey to and from work - when I listen in the car - is nowhere near as long as it was for 6 months in 2009!).

What a fascinating and entertaining listen it is too. I heartily recommend that any other Le Mans diehards like me experience it in full at least once. From the emotion of the total Peugeot disaster, through to the Davidson debate, the early Corvette/Risi battle and the sheer entertainment provided by the commentators, particularly my pal Paul Truswell, who remains so eminently listenable to, plus the various guests that drop in from time to time. There are times, as I guess there will be in any project of this kind where the views and feelings expressed don't accord with mine, either wholly or partially, but it is a fantastic service, enjoyed these days not only by those lucky enough to get to Le Mans each year, but now also by Le Mans fans across the globe on satellite radio or the internet. So thank you Radio Le Mans.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2731692)   #47
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is the third full Le Mans commentary I've now listened to, I did it 8 or 9 times with the 2008, 14 times with last year's commentary (demonstrating that I really do need to get a life) and I suspect I'll be listening to this year's a fair few times
You know they cover a couple of dozen other races each year, and you don't have to listen to the same one over and over again...?
Old 24 Jul 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2731791)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's only one that really matters to me......
Old 24 Jul 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2731854)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
There's only one that really matters to me......

Your comment set me thinking: I agree, but I'm not quite sure why. I've been an irregular visitor to Brands Hatch since the mid-sixties and have attended Group C races there. Ditto Silverstone, but most people there are too officious and sometimes downright offensive, so I stay away, even though it's relatively local for me. Neither comes anywhere near LM in any way at all.

Le Mans? It is indeed the only place that matters, but why???

(I appreciate this is off-topic, so please feel free to move it if necessary. In passing, I'm up to midnight on my rehearsal of this year's Radio Le Mans coverage)
Old 24 Jul 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2731932)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure my friend - perhaps another example of 'that wavelength....' I've mentioned before?

I too have attended many sports car races in the UK from the old 1000kms at Brands and Silverstone in the WEC or WSC (or whatever it happened to be called back in the 80s) through to numerous visits to Silverstone for the LMS race, but, much as I enjoy those, it's just a day at the races - I don't wait a year to go to Silverstone, I just go when it comes around..... Yes I'm looking forward to it, but I won't have butterflies in my stomach the first time I pull into the car park.....