Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jul 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2732051)   #51
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not sure my friend - perhaps another example of 'that wavelength....' I've mentioned before?

I too have attended many sports car races in the UK from the old 1000kms at Brands and Silverstone in the WEC or WSC (or whatever it happened to be called back in the 80s) through to numerous visits to Silverstone for the LMS race, but, much as I enjoy those, it's just a day at the races - I don't wait a year to go to Silverstone, I just go when it comes around..... Yes I'm looking forward to it, but I won't have butterflies in my stomach the first time I pull into the car park.....
Exactly! but is it because it's France (or at least not in England)? Is it because it's 24 hours? Is it the history? Is it the ambience? (Standing in a crowd at Indianapolis is distinctly preferable to doing the same at Copse).

?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2732296)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I honestly don't know - a combination of all three, I suspect!
Old 26 Jul 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2733267)   #53
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, I think there are a lot of LM fans who are not actually Endurance racing fans per se, they actually like the whole event and occasion, the meeting with friends, the trip, the weather (well maybe not the weather) and not forgetting the beer, etc etc.

Only a fraction of those that travel to France would go to 1000km race nearer to home, and thats not just the Brits, the LMS races get pitifull attendances (apart from when Peugeot give away 50,000 tickets), which is a real shame. With Silverstone being part of the Intercontinental Challenge Championship Cup (or whatever it's called) a goodly part of the field from LM will be there, including a number of the US based teams, it's a shame that there won't be more than a (relatively) handfull of people there to watch it.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2733379)   #54
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Also, I think there are a lot of LM fans who are not actually Endurance racing fans per se, they actually like the whole event and occasion, the meeting with friends, the trip, the weather (well maybe not the weather) and not forgetting the beer, etc etc.

You're right. Out of the 15 that made up our party this year, I'd say only a third were there for the racing, the rest for the food, the atmosphere, the occasion.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2739505)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes i would agree the majority of our little group have never been to anyother enduance race, but a few of us do go to either spa or silverstone however I like the idea of going for a decent trip so for me le mans and spa are always preferable to a day trip to silverstone
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2739551)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I was in a group, of 3, and it was an incredible joy to be at Le Mans in a small group in which we were all there for the racing......
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2740013)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I go to le mans for the racing but I also think that there are many other things that keep me going back each year, meeting people is also very important, some of which i only see for those 5 days each year and others who share my love of the great race. The ten-tenths meets and pit visits together with the regular campers at tertre rouge are an important part of my annual visit and to be honest most of my best memories of the last 25 trips involve people as much as cars.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2744703)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I was watching Mobile 1 the grid this morning and noticed that a certain Mr J hindhaugh was on the credits, the feature on Allan Mcnish was very good and contained as you might expect some good Le mans stuff.