Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2703693)   #26
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Great stuff. Where is the Corvette Corral, as I would love the chance to have a proper look at this wonderful machine and piece of Le Mans history>.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2703864)   #27
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
That's my understanding too, but I'm not sure when that arrangement ended.
The first time times were taken during practice in order to establish grid positions was 1963.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2703882)   #28
racelance
Rookie

racelance should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Great stuff. Where is the Corvette Corral, as I would love the chance to have a proper look at this wonderful machine and piece of Le Mans history>.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2703981)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sweet picture!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2704078)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance View Post
can someone show Doug Fehan and the P&M gang this picture, please? that is what an American GT is supposed to look like, blue calipers and all.

is there going to be a raffle for the 50th anniversary Vette? i'd like to buy a couple of tickets.

good stuff, lance.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2704130)   #31
racelance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
can someone show Doug Fehan and the P&M gang this picture, please? that is what an American GT is supposed to look like, blue calipers and all.

is there going to be a raffle for the 50th anniversary Vette? i'd like to buy a couple of tickets.

good stuff, lance.
They talked about having an auction for the vehicle. However I don't know the route they plan on going at this point. I'll keep you posted once I receive final word.

Cheers,

Lance

PS I love it too!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2705023)   #32
racelance
Rookie

Check out the following link: NY Times article.

We're starting to get world-wide coverage on our effort for the Le Mans 50th Anniversay in honor of the Corvette!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 7 Jun 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2706045)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance View Post
Check out the following link: NY Times article.

We're starting to get world-wide coverage on our effort for the Le Mans 50th Anniversay in honor of the Corvette!

Life is good,

Lance
good article, Lance. thanks for sharing.

today is "picture day" for the car.....
Old 7 Jun 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2706046)   #34
racelance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
good article, Lance. thanks for sharing.

today is picture day for the car.....
I'll post it once I receive it

Lance
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2706213)   #35
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=464&np=5
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2706251)   #36
racelance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Thanks for the update!

Lance
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2706415)   #37
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Great shots, thanks!

DK
Old 8 Jun 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2706438)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe the message can get trough to P&M and Compuware and they can do a one-off for PLM this year like the Fellows car a couple years ago. Would be a great tribute to a classic American sportscar. If any team is able to do something like that it's Corvette, they love to embrace and celebrate their racing history.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2706465)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Maybe the message can get trough to P&M and Compuware and they can do a one-off for PLM this year like the Fellows car a couple years ago. Would be a great tribute to a classic American sportscar. If any team is able to do something like that it's Corvette, they love to embrace and celebrate their racing history.
and maybe we could try convince lance to bring the vette to North Georgia in the fall.

Old 8 Jun 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2706466)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would be a great way to convince P&M to do a one-off livery, new and old #3s. Since I'll have to miss LM live there is little that will stop me from being at PLM this year. Plus the trip will be quick, moving to Fayette county next week.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2706694)   #41
racelance
Rookie

Hey guys... these pictures blew me away! They were sent to me courtesy of Richard Prince - great photographer and good friend!

Check 'em out:

Johnny O'Connell at the wheel (the only American driver on the team currently):

Life is good!

Lance
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2706708)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Great photo's the only thing is could you not have got rid of those nasty clouds, making me nervous about setting up camp tomorrow.

looking forward to seeing the cars for real, and hope to thank you in person for taking it back to Le mans
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2706709)   #43
racelance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Great photo's the only thing is could you not have got rid of those nasty clouds, making me nervous about setting up camp tomorrow.

looking forward to seeing the cars for real, and hope to thank you in person for taking it back to Le mans
See you there - and yes, let's hope for nice weather!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2706819)   #44
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those shots of the new Vettes with the Number 3 are priceless. Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing with us Vette fans!!

DK
Old 9 Jun 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2707201)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
priceless pictures, indeed. glad the picture time was able to happen for you, lance and everyone. a new historical moment for the #3.

now, if we can just get a bowtie team on the top step of the podium come Sunday....
Old 10 Jun 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2708587)   #46
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Doug Fehan currently on RLM talking about the 50th anniversary 'Vette and why they couldn't go with the 50th Annv livery. purely economics. you got the decal!

again, good stuff, Lance.

help me see it in person and bring it to PLM!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2710361)   #47
racelance
Rookie

Well, I was able to fulfill my father's dream and certainly had a blast doing it! Life is good...

We have a ton of video, pictures and blogs!

Here are a couple that I snapped today:

John Fitch was driving the car and I snapped this pic with with my Iphone:

Fitch signed the dash as we were waiting for the parade:

Afterward a friend of mine and I went on the ferris wheel check out the view:

Here's the view from the Corvette hospitality suite:

All in all - it was an incredible day, one I'll always cherish for the rest of my life.

Cheers,

Lance
Old 20 Aug 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2747538)   #48
racelance
Rookie

50th Anniversary for Corvette at Le Mans - VIDEO enclosed!

Michael Brown Productions recently uploaded this trailer regarding a documentary of the 50th Anniversary of Le Mans. I feel he did a wonderful job and would love to hear your thoughts on his and his teams efforts: YouTube - 1960 #3 Le Mans Corvette Historic Return Documentary Trailer.

Life is good,

Lance
Old 20 Aug 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2747784)   #49
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a really good documentary to come. A really nice story, and a beautiful car.

Keep us posted on the release date and how you can get it.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2747788)   #50
racelance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Looks like a really good documentary to come. A really nice story, and a beautiful car.

Keep us posted on the release date and how you can get it.
I certainly will... thanks for the kind comments.

Lance