Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2711431)   #1
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Concernant le contrôle des moteurs des 2 premières GT2
Cette demande entraîne les conséquences suivantes
Suspension du classement scratch Ã* partir de la 1ere GT2

or in english by google translate

Concerning the control of engines first 2 GT2
This application has the following consequences
Suspension of the overall classification from the first GT2

it would seem felmbayer and hancook are out, but that doesent change the manufacturer placings, its BMS Porsche, AF Ferrari, IMSA porsche
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2711432)   #2
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Concernant le contrôle des moteurs des 2 premières GT2
Cette demande entraîne les conséquences suivantes
Suspension du classement scratch Ã* partir de la 1ere GT2

or in english by google translate

Concerning the control of engines first 2 GT2
This application has the following consequences
Suspension of the overall classification from the first GT2

it would seem felmbayer and hancook are out, but that doesent change the manufacturer placings, its BMS Porsche, AF Ferrari, IMSA porsche
Hmmm.... I can't get my head around that.

Tom.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2711433)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
me either, although it would be nice if they expeled 77 and not hancook, just kidding,
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2711434)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Hmmm.... I can't get my head around that.

Tom.
Stall test perhaps...
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2711435)   #5
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Stall test perhaps...
What's this about?
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2711436)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
What's this about?
Stall test = the engine is fired up, then the restrictor trumpets are plugged and, if the engine stops, it's okay. If the engine keeps running, you're in trouble because that means there's air coming into the engine through other openings.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2711437)   #7
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
I see and they do this after the race? Why after?!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2711438)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
I see and they do this after the race? Why after?!
Because cars are checked for compliance before the race and after the race as well.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2711439)   #9
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
So is it official that BMS inherits the class win, any source of information ? Because Porsche's web site says nothing about this...
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2711440)   #10
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Nothing is official yet, results are suspended so far. No official announcement, so if the ACO does want to apply some penalty, both teams are pleading their case right now.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 04:38 (Ref:2711644)   #11
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMS didn't do anything all race and now it looks like they may get all the glory.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2711649)   #12
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA
Rookie

United States
California
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i know its and endurence race but in my eyes the Felbermayr-Proton team really wasnt fast and only got to the front cause of some unnecessary driving of the pug and some miss fortune to the other teams
Old 14 Jun 2010, 05:37 (Ref:2711663)   #13
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA View Post
well i know its and endurence race but in my eyes the Felbermayr-Proton team really wasnt fast and only got to the front cause of some unnecessary driving of the pug and some miss fortune to the other teams
Hmm.. you can make the same argument for the Audi win.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2711773)   #14
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA View Post
That's the whole point of endurance racing . And to say they were slow...they were one lap behind the leaders in class. Not too bad in my opinion with all that safety car mess.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2711784)   #15
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, and they were one of only 4 GT2's to do a lap in under 4:00.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2711790)   #16
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an article at my motorsports mag website from 00:05 cet today that states farnbacher as second but nothing on felbermayer. Maybe the ACO expanded post race scrutineering
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2711791)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
I have an article at my motorsports mag website from 00:05 cet today that states farnbacher as second but nothing on felbermayer. Maybe the ACO expanded post race scrutineering
Farnbacher as second? So surely no issues for the Porsche in the end either?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2711793)   #18
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm not clear on your post. Can you explain further? Does it state that Farnbacher was under investigation, or does it state that they have been awarded 2nd and Felbermayr is still awaiting clarification on first?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2711795)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Maybe they're just re-scrutineering the two cars because they saw them as suspicious because 77 and 89 were the two GT2 cars that finished ahead of the GT1 winner.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2711812)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I doubt it. You have to put that down to the performances of the GT1 machinery not GT2. It has happened before IIRC.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2711826)   #21
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I doubt it. You have to put that down to the performances of the GT1 machinery not GT2. It has happened before IIRC.
Well yeah, but... where was this race held again?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2711841)   #22
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great for BMS if they get awarded the class win because they didnt expect to get halfway let alone to the finish due to the engine only running on 5 cylinders.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2711872)   #23
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I think BMS did a fantastic job , but Felbermayr were obviously the top Porsche team. Felbermayr had a fantastic strategy (thanks to Norbert Singer) , and were fast enough to keep relatively close to the front squabble whilst it was going on. Their car was able to go beneath the 4:00 min barrier (as they showed on at least two occasions) but were disciplined enough to run to their own comfortable pace. They did an outstanding job and they deserve the win.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2711880)   #24
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results are only "suspended", no one is out yet. If there is nothing wrong or if lobbying works, the results will just be confirmed.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2711886)   #25
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I think BMS did a fantastic job , but Felbermayr were obviously the top Porsche team.
At the finish Westbrook told RLM that the engine was running on only 5 cilinders and the clutch was gone. They did a good job bringing the car to the finish.