Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2010, 06:19 (Ref:2712974)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
JLOC Lambo saga .

Here is the story I heard while up at the race .

JLOC was told by the ACO that if they wanted to take up their entry , they would have to buy a new car from Reiter , which they did . Also they were told that Reiter should run their car for them , Reiter didnt want anything to do with it cuz JLOC had bought no sales support or spare parts .

Probably the reason it lasted so long , was it was brand new .

I dont think they deserve to be considered for an enrty again . 5 year ban .
Old 16 Jun 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2712993)   #2
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT1 isn't going to be at Le Mans next year anyway so unless Lambo make a GT2 car and JLOC get their hands on one, I can't see it happening.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 16 Jun 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2713004)   #3
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The JLOC car was running until sunday morning when it was removed after not having completed enough running - the same nearly happened to Drayson Racing (who were not classified later) and JLOC lasted longer than some high profile entries (1x908, Beachdean Mansell, BMW Art Car, Jaguar).
Old 16 Jun 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2713012)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Never seen a JLOC lambo running so many laps at Le Mans before, the disgrace at Le Mans IMHO was the Jaguar, slow and not reliable! That car should not have been there!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2713067)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I was perfectly happy with the JLOC performance. The car's nice to look at, didn't get in anyone's way, and best of all, produced big globs of flame out the exhaust under braking at Tertre Rouge, and ran enough laps to justify its existence.

Would I pick it over, let's say a Tokai University entry? Probably not. Would another Porsche or Ferrari GT2 entry have been better? Again, not to my eye.

Would I look favourably on them if they came up with a GT2 Lamborghini entry? Might well - in the absence of anyone else wanting to run a Lambo at Le Mans I don't have too many problems with it.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2713073)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't believe the owner's club is wealthy enough to fund an entry. Are there other funding/sponsors aswell?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2713088)   #7
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Isao Noritake(chairman of JLOC) is a famous businessman.
He is managing the wholesale trade of rice.
He seems to have expended most of the budget of JLOC.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2713095)   #8
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
I still can't believe the owner's club is wealthy enough to fund an entry. Are there other funding/sponsors aswell?
A friend based in Japan was working for JLOC at Le Mans and its not even the club funding it, just 1 rather wealthy guy. There are a few small sponsors, including a tyre sponsor but mostly funded by 1 guy, lucky for some

Edit, see above, was beaten to it
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2713106)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I must admit to being pleasently surprised, the lambo ran through practice and for a large chunk of the race. IMHO it looked good and although it did not really deserve a place on the grid the team put up a good show.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2713203)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Lambo was very popular, looked great and lasted longer than many cars. If you get rid of that entry on that basis, you have to bin anyone who retired before that.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2713206)   #11
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
the disgrace at Le Mans IMHO was the Jaguar, slow and not reliable! That car should not have been there!
I wouldnt say it was a disgrace, I suspect it suffered the same problems as the JLOC did a year ago. The entry was 12 months too soon.

But could you really see someone with a Jaguar entry not putting it in the race this year, when it is the 50th anniversary of Jaguar at Le Mans? Even if it did only do a handful of laps, I think it was still a good and worthy entry.

When it did run the sessions on Thursday it did get quicker and quicker, so there is somethine there that is worth racing.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2713233)   #12
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
JLOC was told by the ACO that if they wanted to take up their entry , they would have to buy a new car from Reiter , which they did .
well, good for Reiter
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2713243)   #13
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
But could you really see someone with a Jaguar entry not putting it in the race this year, when it is the 50th anniversary of Jaguar at Le Mans? Even if it did only do a handful of laps, I think it was still a good and worthy entry.
I don't think someone should get a valuable entry to Le Mans just because their car is from a marque that was at Le Mans some years ago. If it was a serious works effort like BMW, sure let them in. If their car was somewhat ready and reliable, yes get them in for the sake of diversity. But don't allow them in with a dud just because it is called Jaguar.

I thought JLOC had embarred themselves the last two years. This year, they gave a good try. A popular car that after all did last half the race, does merrit it's place. Absolutely a step forward from JLOC this year, but i still don't think they have redempted the disasters before that.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2713246)   #14
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
yet in 2006 when they got to the last few hours, none of you remember?

they have had their problems, but they still deserve their entry
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2713291)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly I don't see what the issue with the entry for this year was. Why should they be given an entry ban? The car was not quick in its class but you could easily levy the same criticism against the Race Performance Radical or the WR. It outlasted several of the cars in its class including 2 of the vaunted Matech Fords - because its fuel line burst and because none of the drivers drove it into a wall at high speed - and the team pushed very hard to rebuild the gearbox in order to try and make the laps for the 18 hour cutoff.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2713298)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
yet in 2006 when they got to the last few hours, none of you remember?

they have had their problems, but they still deserve their entry
I also think 2007 was extremely unfortunate, so the 2009 disaster seems to have been just a one-off - although that doesn't mean they are 'forgiven' for it.

As the only representitive of Lamborghini, and the fact that they tried really hard this year, their 2010 entry was not a wasted one. However next year, in the unlikely event that JLOC and someone else (preferrably Reiter) both enter a GT2 Lambo, then the grid slot should probably go to a different team.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2713342)   #17
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also keep in mind that they weren't "given" an entry, they earned it in the AsLMS.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2713476)   #18
cn009
Rookie

cn009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And not to mention beating the Larbre Competition Saleen in the Asian Lemans Series!
Old 17 Jun 2010, 03:41 (Ref:2713492)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dont care what anyone says , to go to Le Mans without a spares package is just , im speechless !!! I honestly cant think of a fitting word for it .
Old 17 Jun 2010, 04:23 (Ref:2713497)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Dont care what anyone says , to go to Le Mans without a spares package is just , im speechless !!! I honestly cant think of a fitting word for it .
better than going to Le Mans ina car which can hardly turn a lap and only do 4 laps in the race.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2714251)   #21
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have two option for next year if they want to continue.

1-buy a Lambo GT2 from Reiter, but that car was terrific, it barely run 50 laps on past year tests (driven by the Prince of Taxis). Probably it isn´t as bad as the Jaguar, but it´s really close.

2-Buy a LMP2 with a Lambo engine, probably it´s the cheapest option
Old 18 Jun 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2714296)   #22
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
2-Buy a LMP2 with a Lambo engine, probably it´s the cheapest option
Next year the LMP2 engines are limited to 5.0 liter and 8 cilinders maximum. So a Lamborghini engine is not an option.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2714852)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The JLOC Lambo did OK, in my book, but if I was the ACO, they wouldn't get an invite of any kind in 2011. IMO (which I know I've reiterated at every opportunity), they were exceptionally lucky to be granted an entry this year. And they plodded around as cars often do at Le Mans. They acquitted themselves adequately. But based on their performances in 2009 and 2010 do they deserve another go (in whatever) in 2011? I hardly think so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
better than going to Le Mans ina car which can hardly turn a lap and only do 4 laps in the race.
Not entirely true....

The Jaguar - yes, it was embarrassing - embarrassing that Jaguar's return to Le Mans should have been with such a woeful entry. But the car did a heck of a lot more laps than the Lambo managed last year (something like 43 throughout practice) and easily beat it on longevity in the race - 4 laps compared to the Lambo's 1 last year!
Old 19 Jun 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2714884)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

I'll be honest .

From the fact that they bought a new chassis from Reiter Eng , with zero support or spares for that matter , they did very well indeed . Probably cuz the car and all the bits were new .

I gather from this that they are not very serious at all , so no , they dont deserve to get back . But , rules are rules , if they again win their class in the AsLMS , you can hardly stop them !!!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2714936)   #25
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they did a decent job. They ran further then all the GT40; who were the class favorites. They didn't qualify last, and they ran over 50% of the laps. A lot better then some, especially the Rocketsport JAG. The Lambo ran 1 lap last year and I believe 1 lap in 06 or 07, so this year's result was great.

I think we have to hear their side of the story on the spares package deal. Sometimes it is indeed a 'package' and you can't pick and choose what you want to buy; you buy the lot (package) or nothing. Therefore, maybe they felt they didn't need all the stuff that was in that 'package'.

I think it's great to get another manufacture in the race and an entry from outside Europe & USA. I hope they come back next year!