Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2714944)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've had more than long enough to work out how to run the event seriously. They really ought to know what spares 'package' they're going to need by now.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2714958)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The stories from the local Aussie guys running Reiter-built and sourced GT3 Gallardos is that there is a price for a car, and a price for a mandatory spares package.

Somewhere along the line there is an arrangement that genuine Reiter bits should be used or they get cut off from all supplies.. or so the story went

How fast can they afford to go again?

The Bathurst 12hour is now open to GT3 cars, perhaps the JLOC group would be better off buying a GT3 Lambo and come down under to go racing.. it is closer to Japan after all
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Jun 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2715100)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
what spares 'package' they're going to need by now.
What spares package ..... they should have a spares package , end of !!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2715107)   #29
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope to see JLOC back again, would rather them than that TATA yeh thats right, its too embarrassing to be called a Jaguar.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2715115)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Embarrassment is relative, I suspect. Too many people have forgotten just how embarrassing JLOC were last year - and they knew it.....
Old 20 Jun 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2715123)   #31
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Embarrassment is relative, I suspect. Too many people have forgotten just how embarrassing JLOC were last year - and they knew it.....
They also won the AsLMS last year, they deserved to be there this year, RSR have achieved nothing but engine problem after engine problem, electrical problem after electrical problem.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2715128)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
They also won the AsLMS last year, they deserved to be there this year, RSR have achieved nothing but engine problem after engine problem, electrical problem after electrical problem.
And how does that change JLOC's performance in last year Le Mans race?

L.P.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2715166)   #33
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
And how does that change JLOC's performance in last year Le Mans race?

L.P.
I don't remember saying it did, this thread is about people saying they didn't deserve to be there this year, when by winning the AsLMS they did.

Autocon are just as bad as RSR, or do they now offer an invite for causing the most full course cautions in the ALMS, seems every ALMS race there are 2 or 3 Full Course Cautions for a stuck or crashed Autocon Lola.

Last edited by NightStalk3r; 20 Jun 2010 at 18:05.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2715207)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
I don't remember saying it did, this thread is about people saying they didn't deserve to be there this year, when by winning the AsLMS they did.

I agree that JLOC won their way into this years race!

What I am taking issue with is your comparison of deservedness with RLR this year. JLOC at Le Mans > '07 1 lap, '08 non, '09 1 lap, using that as an example against RSR for their performance, as of this point, in deserving a spot on the grid, IMO, is unsound as it pertains to RLR.
This is not to say that I find RLR's performance anything other than poor, in the kindest terms, but, this should reflect on next years possibility at an invite. Which should also take into account the rest of their years performances/finishes.
Which is what allowed JLOC to be on this years grid!

L.P.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2715213)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Yes, but they did a heck of a lot more running at Le Mans than JLOC managed in 2009. It's pretty pointless comparing the woeful with the dire, but I personally have no doubt which of these two cars I think morally deserved to be at Le Mans in 2010.

My last word on it - I'm seriously bored with it now......
Old 20 Jun 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2715238)   #36
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
The point im trying to make is JLOC may have had some bad results at le mans but they have had good results elsewhere and one of those earned them a deserved place on the grid this year, RSR on the other hand have never had a good result since the car hit the track, in fact have they even finished a race yet?

So unless RSR pull there finger out and put in some worthwhile performances at the end of this year/beggining of next year, i don't want to see them on the grid at Le Mans in 2011.

JLOC on the other hand, i would welcome back as they have proven they can get good results, even if they didn't finish this year and had some abysmal performances in the previous 3 years, they outlasted a lot of the favorites for GT1 this year.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2715239)   #37
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They were really bad last year, for which they got a lot of stick, and they were much better this year, for which they should get some credit.
Furthermore, the entire reserve list was exhausted by the time the race started this year so it's not like there were teams with paid deposits who should have got the place ahead of them.
And the car sounded great.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2715254)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And the car sounded great.

Interesting that - I thought it sounded surprisingly dull - was it just my ears?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2715255)   #39
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, or something.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2715462)   #40
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they ran pretty well, shame they ran into problems. The real joke is the RSR Jag, I didn't see that once during the race. Running the few laps it did before breaking, being repaired, nothing.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2715478)   #41
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RSR completed 191 laps at Laguna during the race. More than Autocon or Drayson (and a bunch more GTCs that DNF'd). They qualified ahead of the GTC pack and ahead of Krohn's Ferrari and Neiman's Porsche. During the race, they were easily faster than the GTCs and some of the GT backmarkers like the Robertson GT.

I have respect for them after finishing Laguna. They turned a fair amount of laps during Practice and Qualifying.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2715522)   #42
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrea in the Doran Ford vs Goossen in the Jag?? I'm fairly sure Bleekemolen in the GTC would outpace Paul in the Jag
stop defending it .. it's a ****ty car .. so far

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2715655)   #43
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JLOC got in cos they won AsLMS last year.
RSR got in cos it is a Jag.

Did either of them morally deserve to be there this year? Nope.

I hope the Jag gets some decent development and gets some reliability and pace, when it was running properly it sounded fantastic. Mind you was it ever running properly, sounded (and went) like the engine was somewhere between a V3 and a V8 from time to time!
Old 22 Jun 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2716133)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
After last year's farce I wasnt happy with JLOC getting spot at Le Mans, regardless of whether they earned it or not. My point is why didnt they put the same effort that they put in at AsiaLMS at Le Mans?

But they did alright this year, they didnt finish, but they turned up with a new car (they had no choice really but I digress) and turned more then one lap so they've gone up in my books but with GT1 gone will we see them again?