Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jul 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2721069)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
2010 classic

Only 1 week until we leave for our second trip this year.

Anyone else going?
Old 2 Jul 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2721091)   #2
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, in a weeks time from now we'll almost have arrived!
Old 2 Jul 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2721180)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Yep I will be there - arriving Friday evening.
Old 2 Jul 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2721249)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I might go, depending on the weather...
Old 2 Jul 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2721256)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I'm going. Really looking forward to it. Although we are only going for the Saturday and Sunday.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2721583)   #6
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Already my ticket in my pocket.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2722026)   #7
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, will once again be back there marshalling out at poste 106.

Leave Wednesday AM on Poole-Cherbourg fastcat, slow drive down to Arnage via tourist spots this time.

And we have Radio Le Mans (91.2FM) to help us know what's going on.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2722047)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I will try to be around the usual tree at 12.00 (midday) on the saturday if you want to meet up, and if anyone else is around, they are welcome to join us.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2722272)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget to take some pics to post here for those who are already suffering withdrawal pains.......
Old 5 Jul 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2722297)   #10
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post

Was also my plan .But for the Moment we have a six Day Week in our Company .
Old 8 Jul 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2723377)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Driving to work this morning (M20 to london) the sight of all the old buggies heading for France made me even more excited about the weekend, this time tomorrow will be in france on the way down.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2723385)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Driving to work this morning (M20 to london) the sight of all the old buggies heading for France made me even more excited about the weekend, this time tomorrow will be in france on the way down.
Did you see 3 Austin Healey 3000's? Red White and Purple - if so that was my party heading for Dover.

I will be heading off tomorrow after I pick my son up from school at Midday and joining up with them in La Sarthe
Old 8 Jul 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2723435)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Did you see 3 Austin Healey 3000's? Red White and Purple - if so that was my party heading for Dover.

I will be heading off tomorrow after I pick my son up from school at Midday and joining up with them in La Sarthe
Saw two groups including healey's, but can't remember any other details, certainly saw one red one but that seemed to be on it's own
Old 8 Jul 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2723508)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I wish it was so, but sadly, I'm stuck here. Surviving on memories of 2008.
Ayari into Tertre Rouge at dawn.
Porsche 917 howling beneath him.
Ah, a 38 year old dream fulfilled!
This year you have Dickie Attwood and Vern Schuppan in a 917. I wonder if it's an official Porsche?

There is a massive thread in the Historics, BTW...
Old 8 Jul 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2723570)   #15
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
so classic meeting at 1200 on saturday under "the tree".
Old 8 Jul 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2723590)   #16
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish I were going too, but sadly not enough time. ah well maybe in 2012
Old 8 Jul 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2723687)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
will be there 12.00 usual place,
Old 11 Jul 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2725003)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I arrived at 5pm for the plateau 4. Sorry for having missed the "classic" meeting. I met Kpy then Batmobile in the evening.
The event was fabulous ; I loved the flames of the 935 after the Mulsanne corner.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2725268)   #19
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Question: does the LM classic use the full Sarthe circuit or just stick to the Bugatti circuit?
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2725274)   #20
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
...I loved the flames of the 935 after the Mulsanne corner.
Let's read each other
Old 12 Jul 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2725328)   #21
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Question: does the LM classic use the full Sarthe circuit or just stick to the Bugatti circuit?
There's a clue in PascaLM's post above yours.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2725403)   #22
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Let's read each other
Well, It was easier to go to Arnage and Mulsanne than during the 24 h race. So I could see the same but At Arnage corner, not only the 935 had big flames, but also BMW M1 and two or three Lola T29.., don't remember exactly.
New record for Le mans Classic : 96000 visitors , 468 racing cars, 8000 club cars.
Some collection cars were sold on Friday evening:
- the "cesar" Mac laren F1 GTR : 1800000€
- one Lamborghini Miura sv 1972 600000€
- one AC Cobra 1964 370000€
- one Ferrari 275 GTB/4 Berlinetta 740000€
- one Bentley Speed Six 650000€

A good edition so....
Old 12 Jul 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2725470)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
tHEY USE THE FULL CIRCUIT, JUST AS WITH THE lm24 LAST MONTH...
I must remember to switch Caps Lock off next time!
Old 12 Jul 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2725688)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
tHEY USE THE FULL CIRCUIT, JUST AS WITH THE lm24 LAST MONTH...
I must remember to switch Caps Lock off next time!
They were most certainly on the full circuit, the noise of 65 cars on the pit straight at the start of 5 and 6 plateau's was incredible, it made the june event seem like a very mutted afair, but the wait for the cars to come around again on 1 and 2 gave you time to read serveral articles in the programmes.

We had a great time and meet and talked to some very interesting people in the paddocks as always
Old 12 Jul 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2725778)   #25
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
some pictures of le mans classic, others to come:
http://fr.numerispace.numericable.fr...%C2%B01/150023
http://fr.numerispace.numericable.fr...%C2%B02/150023