Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jul 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2725917)   #26
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of mine are there
Old 13 Jul 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2725924)   #27
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was on telly last night, motors tv I think. Commentator seemed very disinterested and mostly clueless..
Old 15 Jul 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2726965)   #28
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I had a great time at The classic and it was really great to take my son and see the excitement through his eyes.

It was a very different experience to the 24 Hrs and you could not get into the racing in the same way due to the stop start nature of it - the gaps between the races were definitely too long - surely they could form the next grid up on the Buggatti circuit and run it straight out behind the safety car as soon as the tack is clear

However it was much less crowded and the static displays and paddock access etc was far better.

Also to see the way some of those guys were flinging priceless pieces of history round the track was amazing - especially the guy in the P3 Ferrari who had it sideways through the dunlop chicane every lap.

I was disappointed in lack of big screens. There was not one - not even in front of the ACO stand so it was impossible to see footage of the cars on much of the track whichmade it even more difficult to understand what was happening - especially when there were pit stops and driver changes.

I certainly would not give up the 24 hrs for the classic but if I get the opportunity to go again I will definitely take it up.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2727082)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I had a great time at The classic and it was really great to take my son and see the excitement through his eyes.

It was a very different experience to the 24 Hrs and you could not get into the racing in the same way due to the stop start nature of it - the gaps between the races were definitely too long - surely they could form the next grid up on the Buggatti circuit and run it straight out behind the safety car as soon as the tack is clear

However it was much less crowded and the static displays and paddock access etc was far better.

Also to see the way some of those guys were flinging priceless pieces of history round the track was amazing - especially the guy in the P3 Ferrari who had it sideways through the dunlop chicane every lap.

I was disappointed in lack of big screens. There was not one - not even in front of the ACO stand so it was impossible to see footage of the cars on much of the track whichmade it even more difficult to understand what was happening - especially when there were pit stops and driver changes.

I certainly would not give up the 24 hrs for the classic but if I get the opportunity to go again I will definitely take it up.
Interesting appraisal. Pretty much sums up my perception of 'The Classic' and cements my suspicion that it's probably not for me. I certainly won't be making plans for 2012 any time soon.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2727510)   #30
garyharman
Rookie

England
Berks
garyharman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few more photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43904757@N00/sets/
Old 31 Jul 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2736641)   #31
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My photos of the plateaux 5 and 6
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2737036)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice Pascal, very nice. Were those cars all actually racing?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2737083)   #33
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those pictures are superb Pascal, really, really want to go to the 2012 classic
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2737096)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Tim said earlier, there is avery big thread in the Historic Racing Today forum, with loads of pics, here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118440
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2737120)   #35
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nice Pascal, very nice. Were those cars all actually racing?
Thank you.
I also took the Porsche review :917, 936, 962, GT1. They were near the pre-grid place. These cars didn't race of course. All the others cars did the races.
I like the 935, 935/2 and K3 as you can notice !
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2737126)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why didn't that lovely 962 race in the Group C race at Le Mans - it shouldn't be a museum -piece!