Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Dec 2022, 21:35 (Ref:4137209)   #26
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
That did shake things up a bit didn't it? I don't know much about Vasseur, and while he is not Italian and comes from the outside, will he get the freedom to steer the team? I still think it's a bust for 2023, but maybe it wont be free fall in 2024 like I first expected.

For the first half of next season he will have to focus on getting the team to operate more efficiently,since the car has probably reached the spec that will race for the first few races.Observing how things are done with production and race strategy will have to be a priority and then he can have a few detailed conversations with the technical staff about problem areas and streamlining the process of introducing updates.To get back to the thread topic,I expect them to operate more efficiently as the season progresses but the fundamental characteristics of the car are pretty much locked in by now.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4137211)   #27
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Eh? Brawn and Byrne didn't come till a year after Schumi went there!
And we all know how it turned out….
Old 20 Dec 2022, 11:07 (Ref:4137650)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lulu to Ferrari?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Dec 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4137651)   #29
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And we all know how it turned out….
Two and a half failed championship attempts in a row is how it turned out. Good thing Ferrari were not so rapid with the dismissal letters back then!

Irvine's pitstop was just as clownish as many of Ferrari's 2022 pitstops, yet strangely Todt was not fired?! What's all that about?!
Old 20 Dec 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4137671)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lulu to Ferrari?
I think that's unlikely, I'm sure he will finish his driving days with Mercedes (and may well still remain in some sort of role with the company after that.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4137685)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Two and a half failed championship attempts in a row is how it turned out. Good thing Ferrari were not so rapid with the dismissal letters back then!

Irvine's pitstop was just as clownish as many of Ferrari's 2022 pitstops, yet strangely Todt was not fired?! What's all that about?!

Yeah, let’s ignore how many times Todt and Brawn were spot on with the strategy and instead focus on one bad pitstop!
Old 20 Dec 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4137704)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, let’s ignore how many times Todt and Brawn were spot on with the strategy and instead focus on one bad pitstop!
At that time in the Todt Brawn Byrne Ferrari they still had not done any better in terms of title wins or Champioship positions than Binotto did this year.... yet Binotto got fired for 2nd place. Todt (and Brawn) got more opportunity in terms of years to get the WDC... it took Todt what, 5 or 6 years to win a drivers title for Ferrari. And look at the resources Todt and co had at their disposal, 24/7 testing unlimited budget etc. How woeful were Ferrari in terms of reliability 2 and 3 years into Todts term... and then they had unlimited engines and components to play with? Todt gets 3rd and is told oh next year will be better, Binotto gets 2nd and gets the push.

Once the dream team clicked of course it was brilliant, but it took them a while to get there.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4137705)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It did, but di Montezemelo clearly understood that it's not an overnight thing and he had to stand by the management team as they built up to the dominance they carried for almost a decade.

He was there for the long term. He understood that practice makes perfect.

When the boat started to rock and the musical chairs started, Ferrari fell by the wayside. Look at the other teams that have had long term success, and you'll see a set of senior management that are rock solid and in there for the long term.

Horner and Wolff being just two - they have loads of immediate underlings and people below them who've been there for years.

Unfortunately, Ferrari are their own biggest problem.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 14:38 (Ref:4138422)   #34
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Unfortunately, Ferrari are their own biggest problem.
Not Binotto?

If not, why did Binotto need to be fired?!
Old 29 Dec 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4138425)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If my team made the same high profile errors every week for 2 years with no real improvements then I'd be fired too. And I run an IT team, not an F1 team.

It's all fine and well cherry picking incidents from the Todt and Brawn era. But they had less comedy in 10 years than Ferrari has in a single season now.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4138427)   #36
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Not Binotto?

If not, why did Binotto need to be fired?!
Binotto wasn't Fired - he resigned
Old 29 Dec 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4138430)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But did he fall, or was he pushed......
Old 29 Dec 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4138431)   #38
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But did he fall, or was he pushed......
Either way he wasn't Fired - people on here should be more respectful - none of us know the real story of the Shark infested waters of an F1 Team especially Ferrari!
Old 29 Dec 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4138445)   #39
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Either way he wasn't Fired - people on here should be more respectful - none of us know the real story of the Shark infested waters of an F1 Team especially Ferrari!
With respect it’s bizarre to suggest he was anything other than let go. They let him resign to save him the ignominy of being fired. Must were surprised he lasted so long, in fact most were surprised when they created the double job for him in the first place.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4138450)   #40
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari need stability at the top corporate level. Only then will they get stability at F1 level and below.

I know; broken record. But the scratch on the groove means I keep replaying the same bit of the song over and over and over again.

(For our younger members who are not familiar with vinyl, the needle can get stuck in a repeating loop. If you know what vinyl is!)
Old 30 Dec 2022, 02:28 (Ref:4138464)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A resignation would imply a multi year deal/years left on his current deal…and if there were years left on his contract does that mean any buy out or early dismissal results in a hit against the budget cap?

Perhaps he did Ferrari a huge (financial) favour by resigning instead of being fired?
Old 30 Dec 2022, 04:13 (Ref:4138468)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’d not thought of it like that. In NFL (yes I know it is a salary cap, thanks) you still get cap hits even if you let people go.

Aren’t you allowed to keep some people,out of your budget cap?

But why would someone help them? Was it beneficial to him? I hope so.

The main reason for commenting is that it is interesting that it is something to consider in cap world. Unless you’re just off junction 13 of the M1.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4139767)   #43
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Was suggested to me today that he got 12 months pay to "resign."

And he has 12 months gardening leave too.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4139768)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Was suggested to me today that he got 12 months pay to "resign."

And he has 12 months gardening leave too.
They are not separate. The salary is associated with the gardening leave, and he remains on the company's payroll for that period.

It could impact the 2023 cost cap for the team, which is why they are considering reducing the period to 6 months, and halving the amount of salary they have to pay in the process.