Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4112067)   #2426
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seemed some cars were going at it like a sprint race, but then it's important to lose as little time as possible even in a 24 hour race

I like seeing the variety of GT and Touring cars round here, especially the Mini. If it passes scrutineering, then there's no problem IMO. Although there were plenty of incidents throughout, the driving standards were mostly good.

Anyway another great year of 24 hour racing around the Green Hell, just hope next year is as good. Yes I do agree it would be good to have the Clio Cup cars back, they always look so smooth round there
Old 30 May 2022, 15:36 (Ref:4112073)   #2427
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
They seemed to think that the pace was higher as there were less cars competing than usual - so less traffic to get through, less people having accidents (so less code 60 periods). I think it was only(!) 135 cars that took the start this year, maybe next year there will be more entries and some more variety further down the field.
Old 30 May 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4112100)   #2428
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Laurens takes it on the chin, and puts his hands up in the incident he was in. Said that the red mist got to him. Also says he's insanely proud of Dries for his performance and winning the event. Per Laurens' social media.
Old 30 May 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4112123)   #2429
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the race.
Old 31 May 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4112240)   #2430
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly seemed plenty of action from watching the highlights
Old 3 Jun 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4112656)   #2431
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzRYP7

Huge Flickr gallery from Thursday, Friday and Saturday of the N24.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4112711)   #2432
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzRYP7

Old 9 Jun 2022, 17:51 (Ref:4113798)   #2433
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Awesome photos, but that's not a huge album .

THIS is a huge album! https://bit.ly/3MGv0jU

This covers:

Friday Qual from Pflanzgarten
Friday Top Qual from Kesselchen
Saturday warm-up from Hocheichen
Saturday start from Foxhole round to Tiergarten at dusk

I then walked back to my car at Brunchen, slept a little and did the stretch from Brunchen to Karussel on Sunday morning. A similar sized album from that stroll will follow soon.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 9 Jun 2022 at 18:02.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4115449)   #2434
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Awesome photos, but that's not a huge album .

THIS is a huge album! https://bit.ly/3MGv0jU
Ah, you didn't see what I didn't load :-)

Actually took a lot less this year; plans to walk the track for the third year (Nordschleife only, 25k, I'm not mad !) stymied by dodgy knee. Really good place to take photos despite the level of fences - and you got the sunset !
Old 14 Jun 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4115567)   #2435
S griffin
Veteran

Yes great pictures there, really captures the spirit of the great race and the beauty of the Green Hell.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4116325)   #2436
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Second album: https://bit.ly/3HQsmaJ

These taken between dawn and about midday along the stretch from Brunchen to Karussel, a fabulously photogenic part of the track and a glorious place to be on a quiet morning!

The only downside is that the attration rate was pretty high this year so the SP9/SPX cars were down to around 20, meaning the same cars featuring a lot in this album.

Enjoy!
Old 20 Jun 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4116425)   #2437
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Lighting is eerie, looks like a horror video game
Old 20 Jun 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4116455)   #2438
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Lighting is eerie, looks like a horror video game
The first page or two of pictures were taken between 0500 and 0530 Sunday morning, with dawn officially at 0527. So although it looks dark, to human eyes it was already quite light. I prefer to keep a high shutter speed and low ISO so the images look darker, but are more likely to be sharp. It also depends where the headlights are pointing. I like the eerie effects that result, especially when the cars are running interesting lighting!

Nurburgring is really properly dark at night though so I wasn't able to capture night images. The GP track is better for that but this year was Nordschleife only for me.

My only disappointment the whole weekend was getting to the Karussel and discovering that the marshals team (who I think were Brits!) had parked a van right in front of the better of the two photo cutouts (the one on the exit of the curve). I was very tired by this point and almost burst into tears! The other cutout (from which I took that last page or so of images here) is good, but not quite the same!

So if you're reading, lovely British marshals at the Karussel, please park your van 6 feet further back next year, thank you!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 20 Jun 2022 at 18:51.
Old 13 Aug 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4122699)   #2439
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Instead of the Viper, the Fly&Help Team will race 2023 with a VW Beetle Cup with TCR Engine.
https://gt-place.com/2022/08/13/24h-...vw-beetle-rsr/
Old 13 Aug 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4122707)   #2440
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
That's a change!
Old 14 Aug 2022, 07:30 (Ref:4122734)   #2441
S griffin
Veteran

Now that will be something to keep an eye on, no matter how competitive it is!
Old 14 Sep 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4126061)   #2442
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FK Performance leaves the NLS after this season. They run up to 7 cars in the series. And they have massive critic to the seriesmanagement.
https://gt-place.com/2022/09/14/fk-p...r-nls-zurueck/
Old 15 Sep 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4126125)   #2443
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
And they have massive critic to the seriesmanagement.
Do you have any more knowledge of their concerns?
Old 15 Sep 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4126126)   #2444
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Do you have any more knowledge of their concerns?
“As a team, we feel that the race control has affected our performance in many ways. Unfortunately, the preferential treatment of individual teams and drivers through unpunished offenses on and off the track and the absolute underperformance of the race control in relation to the award of penalties, the interpretation of the announcement and the circuit regulations no longer allow for fair competition,”
Old 16 Sep 2022, 06:08 (Ref:4126196)   #2445
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
“…quote from article…”
Thanks I did read that, my question was trying to get to more specific detail of the incidents they are annoyed about. Sorry I wasn’t more clear.

I was at the 12-Hour event (or rather 2x6hr). While any Nürburgring event is awesome, this was surprisingly low-key even for a late season NLS race. Entry list was thin (16 in SP9/SPX) and the crowd fairly light on both days.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4139433)   #2446
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the demise of WTCR and the BMW race being a one off, what kind of support are we expecting at this years N24?
Old 10 Jan 2023, 06:53 (Ref:4139509)   #2447
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
With the demise of WTCR and the BMW race being a one off, what kind of support are we expecting at this years N24?
Do we even need supports?
Old 10 Jan 2023, 08:56 (Ref:4139536)   #2448
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's nice for the people at the circuit, yeah.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4139573)   #2449
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
* ADAC 24h-Classic
* Cup- und Tourenwagen Trophy
* Rundstrecken-Challenge Nürburgring
Old 10 Jan 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4139586)   #2450
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post