Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Mar 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4101303)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
their week must start on monday not sunday
Old 5 Mar 2022, 15:17 (Ref:4101313)   #52
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe big discussions are happening currently between different parties for what is to going happen.
HAAS' decision to cut all ties with Russia, could indicate that FIA is putting pressure on all parts of motorsport to exclude russian involvement. Therefore the entry list is probably being filtered to trim out any not wanted russian involvement.
Old 5 Mar 2022, 17:18 (Ref:4101322)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Difference with Haas is DIRECT advertising as the primary sponsor on the car being a company owned by someone on the sanction list. I don't think many cars in ACO/WEC competition are still running SMP or others who were used previously on cars.
Old 5 Mar 2022, 17:36 (Ref:4101324)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have no idea, but I wonder if they are trying to give Algarve time to see whether they can put together a Portuguese-flagged entry with different funding.
Old 5 Mar 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4101332)   #55
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we can likely scratch all G-Drive from the Entry List.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ry-conditions/
Old 5 Mar 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4101335)   #56
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that G-Drive is done for, and that's without an ACO or FIA ban. Rusinov has claimed that the ACO's and FIA's practices for the WEC are discriminatory and he's unwilling to race under a neutral flag or not being able to hear the Russian national anthem on the podium.

IMO, well, better for him to make that decision than the ACO or FIA. And we've already seen individual national or regional bodies take actions beyond what the FIA have so far done. But, not to get political, what's the saying about getting in bed and getting fleas? This is down to the west having enough of Putin seemingly refusing to believe that the Cold War is over and that the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact (ironically most of the countries that formed it are now members of NATO and/or the EU) ought to still exist.
Old 6 Mar 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4101370)   #57
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Rusinov chose to jump rather than be pushed. Likely the best course of action from his point of view, and I suspect the governing bodies are rather relieved too. Even with the team and drivers competing neutrally, having cars go round with a Russian state-owned enterprise emblazoned on either side probably wouldn't wash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I have no idea, but I wonder if they are trying to give Algarve time to see whether they can put together a Portuguese-flagged entry with different funding.
Probably, but the time frame for the funding to replace a primary sponsor is remarkably short. Kudos to all involved if Algarve pull it off - the only thing I can think of in their favour is that they may have had some advance notice of the direction the FIA/ACO were going to take.
Old 6 Mar 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4101375)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What assumptions do we make about the G-Drive cars? Owned by Rusinov, his sponsors, or APR? Not the latter, I suspect. Whether APR have a chassis they (think they) can run without a significant injection of funds, I have no idea. I suspect they've been aware of the likely outcome of this for a little while now, so they've had some time to plan (even if it isn't much time in the grand scheme of things). If they can persuade the ACO to grant them an entry in the expectation of having the funds to run it, maybe we'll still see them....
Old 6 Mar 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4101384)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
given the way sponsor lead entries are run and how common they are, i suspect the aco would be pretty chill with a name and nationality swap.

le mans would be the easy one to find drivers for.
Old 6 Mar 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4101389)   #60
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What assumptions do we make about the G-Drive cars? Owned by Rusinov, his sponsors, or APR? Not the latter, I suspect. Whether APR have a chassis they (think they) can run without a significant injection of funds, I have no idea. I suspect they've been aware of the likely outcome of this for a little while now, so they've had some time to plan (even if it isn't much time in the grand scheme of things). If they can persuade the ACO to grant them an entry in the expectation of having the funds to run it, maybe we'll still see them....
There's an editorial piece on Dailysportscar.com this afternoon, which says they are aware that both APR and Eurointernational, who were running G-Drive's ELMS LMP3 car) have "immediately deliverable plans to continue with their published commitments, if they are permitted to do so"

I'd guess it would depend on what funding the other drivers were bringing to the table, and how the shortfall in both funding and drivers caused by the departure of G-Drive, Rusinov and Kvyat might be filled
Old 6 Mar 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4101390)   #61
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
Perhaps I’m imagining it but I thought AF Corse’s Spirit of Race branch was originally a way of getting around sanctions as it is Swiss-flagged
No - it is a separate brand within the company that allows them to enter more than two cars

In exactly the same way as Proton enters cars under Proton Competition and Dempsey Proton racing
Old 6 Mar 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4101391)   #62
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
All three cars are owned by APR
Old 6 Mar 2022, 17:14 (Ref:4101394)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
All three cars are owned by APR
Ah, good news. Thanks for that Graham.

Now that Roman has made his position clear, when do you think the ACO will go to 'print' with their entry list?
Old 6 Mar 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4101400)   #64
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Ah, good news. Thanks for that Graham.

Now that Roman has made his position clear, when do you think the ACO will go to 'print' with their entry list?
Yes - but the question now is, will APR be allowed to race - anywhere?

The answer, fundamentally, should be yes - they have three cars ready to go - but circumstances beyond their control have screwed them - In my mind this is the very definition of 'force majeure'
Old 6 Mar 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4101403)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed.
Old 6 Mar 2022, 23:17 (Ref:4101438)   #66
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
G-Drive Racing have withdrawn.

Rusinov said in a statement he would “not put my signature on this document” (seemingly the FIA new rules for the involvement of Russian and Belarus drivers, competitors and officials).

Currenly there are few, if any other international sports that allow Russian competitors at all.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4101467)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
G-Drive Racing have withdrawn.

Rusinov said in a statement he would “not put my signature on this document” (seemingly the FIA new rules for the involvement of Russian and Belarus drivers, competitors and officials).

Currenly there are few, if any other international sports that allow Russian competitors at all.
Yep, but as Graham says Christopher, APR still have the cars.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4101479)   #68
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yep, but as Graham says Christopher, APR still have the cars.
Yes I'd missed Graham's note that APR still own the cars.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4101502)   #69
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it looks like the ACO has re-opened registrations for the entry.

https://twitter.com/radiolemans/stat...35459169140737

Very interesting. I genuinely assumed it would just be 2 cars impacted. Must be a lot more to make this step.

Glickenhaus are trying to drum up interest for a third car - https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...37736156123136
Old 7 Mar 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4101504)   #70
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Very interesting. I genuinely assumed it would just be 2 cars impacted. Must be a lot more to make this step.

Glickenhaus are trying to drum up interest for a third car - https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...37736156123136
Or maybe this gives APR the possibility of putting in an entry (or two), something which might not have been possible due to regulations. Sounds like common sense is prevailing - a much needed breath of fresh air in the world these days it seems!
Old 7 Mar 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4101506)   #71
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Or maybe this gives APR the possibility of putting in an entry (or two), something which might not have been possible due to regulations. Sounds like common sense is prevailing - a much needed breath of fresh air in the world these days it seems!
Dailysportscar's report is again saying that their understanding is that Algarve Pro have 'viable' plans to take up the G-Drive WEC and ELMS entries under their own name, so I reckon you're not far wide of the mark about it giving them the chance to do that- as well as opening the door for others, if for any reason APR can't pull together deals for all 3 cars.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4101509)   #72
KA
Veteran

Quote:

G-Drive originally had one WEC car and two ELMS- Had they maybe had both ELMS entries accepted for Le Mans before this all kicked off? The re-opening of lists obviously gives APR a window of opportunity to take those slots up under their own name, but could there be others at risk?

AFAIK G-Drive were the only obviously-Russian entries on the lists, but might there be other teams who've suddenly found a sanctions-related hole in their season's budget?
Old 7 Mar 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4101510)   #73
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A third glickenhaus car would be good for the top class after the wthdrawl of the peugeot this year
Old 7 Mar 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4101537)   #74
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone got 6m EUR they don't need?

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...s-for-5million
Old 7 Mar 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4101542)   #75
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A third glickenhaus car would be good for the top class after the wthdrawl of the peugeot this year
Is there a 3rd car? Other than any shrink wrapped in storage for investment?