Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3561930)   #6151
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks much, much better than the first iteration of the 2014 car.
(P.S. I have even gotten used to the dirty great big fin)
Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3561932)   #6152
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has improved, and although I hate the headlights (looks like football stadium floodlights, but it is on a road car), but the rest is nice. The livery works, but only by accident. They've accidentally made something aesthetically pleasing by having what looks like an art students concept slapped on it, something which only work in specific angles and circumstances.

It's good looking by accident. But good looking is still good looking.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:37 (Ref:3561938)   #6153
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually it is very Porsche like...not the accident, but the fact that its looks have to grow on you. Most of their models are never stunning when first glimpsed at. Over time they become more and more attractive, and eventually they make all other designs look fleeting.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3561940)   #6154
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Purely on aesthetics, I preferred last year's car ...

... please don't hate me
Old 28 Jul 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3561942)   #6155
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
No hate from me. To each his own.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3561980)   #6156
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
If I remember correctly from when images of the 919 first appeared, Spyderman, you had some difficulty accepting the car's looks as good enough to be called a Porsche. I don't know about you but the car we see today is stunning in my book, even if I can't quite put my finger on why.
Because it won!
Old 28 Jul 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3561988)   #6157
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't wait to see the car in person at COTA in September!

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3562008)   #6158
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Am I reading this right ? It looks like Porsche will be testing the high down force package in a few days. Can this be correct or is it just a bad translation?
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ess...eves-du-mardi/
Old 28 Jul 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3562011)   #6159
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Am I reading this right ? It looks like Porsche will be testing the high down force package in a few days. Can this be correct or is it just a bad translation?
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ess...eves-du-mardi/
If the article is to be believed, yes.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3563548)   #6160
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Onboard the 919 at Nurburgring
http://youtu.be/5GRRdt9N4ns
Old 10 Aug 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3565157)   #6161
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
On a nice sidenote: Porsche presenting Neel Jani with a piston from the engine that was installed in car #18 during that astonishing 3:16.887 lap in Le Mans qualifying.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3565173)   #6162
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's pretty cool. I find myself wishing for a higher resolution photo so I could examine that piston, connecting rod and crank segment in more detail.

Richard
Old 14 Aug 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3565996)   #6163
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Inside the Porsche LMP1 team with Mark Webber
http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...mp1-team-mates
Old 14 Aug 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3566009)   #6164
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Looks like Porsche testing at Barcelona next week.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3566156)   #6165
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!

I wonder what Paul Della-Lana got presented with !!!
Old 15 Aug 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3566178)   #6166
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the 6 current Porsche LMP1 drivers confirmed for 2016?

Just with Hulkenburg 'possibly' looking for a fulltime LMP1 ride and someone on here saying a little while back that Porsche was signing Buemi for next year, what of the current guys?
Who would Porsche drop, if anyone?

Are they confirmed? Or any possibly any of them going to be replaced next season?
Old 15 Aug 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3566186)   #6167
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I can guarantee the three that Porsche are NOT going to drop from their current line-up unless either of them retires from driving: Bernhard, Dumas and Lieb. And in Lieb's case, even when he ends his driving career, Porsche are undoubtedly going to keep him as an engineer somewhere within the team.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3566187)   #6168
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche LMP1 Discussion

Marc Lieb appears to be the next Norbert Singer. Even when he stops driving he'll have a long career with Porsche outside the car. I don't see him stopping driving anytime soon though. Didn't they put him through university for a few years?
Old 15 Aug 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3566189)   #6169
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Marc Lieb appears to be the next Norbert Singer. Even when he stops driving he'll have a long career with Porsche outside the car. I don't see him stopping driving anytime soon though. Didn't they put him through university for a few years?
Yeah he's got an engineering degree
Old 16 Aug 2015, 01:48 (Ref:3566248)   #6170
Richard C
Veteran

I like the Norbert Singer comparison, but Singer was always an engineer. He didn't have a dual role within the team or at least not as driver + something else.

In some ways I think Huschke von Hanstein is a better comparison. He was both a Porsche factory driver plus did PR work for the company and I think also ran the racing department. This was in the 50's.

Regardless, I expect Lieb functions purely as a driver today, but one who really understand the engineering on the car (an undeniable bonus). I can also see him having a life with Porsche beyond his racing career.

Richard
Old 16 Aug 2015, 09:02 (Ref:3566275)   #6171
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Marc Lieb. The guy's an engineer and knows everything. The detail he can go into is just flabbergasting. - Mark Webber
Old 17 Aug 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3566399)   #6172
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I can guarantee the three that Porsche are NOT going to drop from their current line-up unless either of them retires from driving: Bernhard, Dumas and Lieb. And in Lieb's case, even when he ends his driving career, Porsche are undoubtedly going to keep him as an engineer somewhere within the team.
They're not going to drop them, but I could see them being moved from the P1 programme to another one, and one of those three would be far more likely than the others IMO.

I fully expect Mr Manthey's objectives list for next year to be 2 bullet points that read "Nurburgring" and "Spa" and, if you put together a list of Porsche drivers you'd want to help you achieve that, those would probably be the first three names on your list. If Hulkenberg did join the P1 party, I'd expect one of your three names to be assigned to making the new GT3 look damned good.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 07:54 (Ref:3566403)   #6173
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
There is of course, the possibility that Lieb get "requisitioned" for the development of the 2017 mid-engine GTE car .
Old 19 Aug 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3566874)   #6174
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
The new LDF package will supposedly be quite noticeable, so I expect to see quite a difference in the look of the car.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3567047)   #6175
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
There is of course, the possibility that Lieb get "requisitioned" for the development of the 2017 mid-engine GTE car .
Is Porsche withing to a mid-engine car in GTE? Something to do with the rumored 960?